Roy Grace Novels

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    It was totally bizarre and surreal, I still enjoyed it though. :o

I'm slowly working my way through all of his other books as I like the genre and I just love his writing style. :)

Glad you enjoyed it Lushness! I did too, in a totally "OMG, WTF was that all about" kind of a way.....:D

Which of his other books would you recommend? Alchemist seems to get good reviews on Amazon, have you read that one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Very interesting, thanks guernseysnail! :)

I'm not too sure about Hugh Bonneville as Roy Grace though. I used to really like him as an actor, but find it hard not to think of him in comprising situations paying people to do unmentionable things with inanimate objects when I hear his name mentioned nowadays..... :eek:
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Hugh's not a bad choice in my opinion .... at least it's better than Tom bloody Cruise as Jack Reacher.

I read Dead Man's Grip last week and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Alexander Armstrong?
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about Alexander Armstrong?

I quite liked him until he started doing daft adverts..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having previously thought the next Roy Grace instalment was coming out in May, I've just checked on Amazon (yes, I'm that keen!:D) and it's not now being published until November! I'm gutted! :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having previously thought the next Roy Grace instalment was coming out in May, I've just checked on Amazon (yes, I'm that keen!:D) and it's not now being published until November! I'm gutted! :cry:

It said June 7th when I had a look!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It said June 7th when I had a look!

You're quite right, they've changed it again - maybe PJ saw my post and thought he'd better pull his finger out? :D

They've added a plot synopsis as well, which wasn't there the other day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're quite right, they've changed it again - maybe PJ saw my post and thought he'd better pull his finger out? :D

They've added a plot synopsis as well, which wasn't there the other day.

Just wish they'd hurry it up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long to wait now guys! :D

I pre-ordered the Kindle edition about 3 months ago, and I'm so glad I did because I now notice the price has doubled! How strange! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long to wait now guys! :D

I pre-ordered the Kindle edition about 3 months ago, and I'm so glad I did because I now notice the price has doubled! How strange! :confused:

I must put my order in...Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am now bang up to date with Roy Grace

Anyone know when the next one is out?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Very interesting, thanks guernseysnail! :)

I'm not too sure about Hugh Bonneville as Roy Grace though. I used to really like him as an actor, but find it hard not to think of him in comprising situations paying people to do unmentionable things with inanimate objects when I hear his name mentioned nowadays..... :eek:

I don't picture Roy as anything like HB though interesting that HB got a plug in Not Dead Yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OxfordGirl wrote: »
    Am now bang up to date with Roy Grace

Anyone know when the next one is out?

Have you read the one that was released a couple of days ago 'Not Dead Yet?'..

Looks interesting from the Amazon reviews, although there are a few (negative) mentions of the American characters...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't picture Roy as anything like HB though interesting that HB got a plug in Not Dead Yet

When I read the RG books I have an image of Jack Shepherd (Wycliffe) in my mind!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you read the one that was released a couple of days ago 'Not Dead Yet?'..

Looks interesting from the Amazon reviews, although there are a few (negative) mentions of the American characters...

Yes - just finished it - loved it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I read the RG books I have an image of Jack Shepherd (Wycliffe) in my mind!

These actors are all too old

Roy Grace isn't 40 yet - we need a younger actor to play him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These actors are all too old

Roy Grace isn't 40 yet - we need a younger actor to play him

I think Jack Shepherd is getting on a bit by now..The Wycliffes I watch are all quite old!

Was NDY better than the last one and without giving too much away is Sandy featured?

My friend has just ordered this so I have to wait for her to finish it..:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jack Shepherd is getting on a bit by now..The Wycliffes I watch are all quite old!

Was NDY better than the last one and without giving too much away is Sandy featured?

My friend has just ordered this so I have to wait for her to finish it..:(

Don't know about better - I would say just as good

Yes - Sandy still in it - will say no more other than I now want to read the next one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know about better - I would say just as good

Yes - Sandy still in it - will say no more other than I now want to read the next one!

OMG!!!!! Thanks for that Oxford Girl. I haven't started it yet - got a really busy week so I'm waiting for things to slow down so that I can really get stuck in rather than read a couple of chapters here and there.

Interesting about the HB reference though?! *waves to Peter James who may or may not be reading this thread ;)*
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would try Possession by Peter james - it is fantastic

Mind you I love, Dreamer, Twilight, Sweetheart too
  • Options
    KhyraKhyra Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just finished Perfect People - Loved it even if I did work out the plot about 3/4 of the way through the book. When the police and the inspector came into the story I kept expecting Roy Grace to appear though.

The first 7 chapters of Not Dead Yet are in the back of Perfect People must admit I read them before I statred Perfect People. Waiting for it to come out in paperback as all the other books I have in the Roy Grace series are in paperback.

My favourite Roy Grace stories - so far - are Dead Mans Footsteps and Dead Tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Man's Grip (Roy Grace 7) is 20p for Kindle download on Amazon at the moment :)
  • Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dead Man's Grip (Roy Grace 7) is 20p for Kindle download on Amazon at the moment :)

Yay! got it!!!