Options

Shush! JASON's talking ... Zzzz

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    shefair wrote: »
    as far as I was aware discussion is 2 people having an opinion and then discussing it whether they happen to agree or not

as Alli says it is not someone expressing an opinion and then being told no you are wrong at least give a reasoned argument why you happen to think that Jason is an interesting conversationalist ( with examples if you can)

Those who happen to find his mode of speech boring and monotonous can and have given examples of why we do so

I would be interested to hear if anyone can tell me anything interesting that Jason has said on SCD

*thinks*

*thinks hard*

I got nothin'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    Ok this just about takes the biscuit so now we are guilty of bullying Jason :eek:

and I notice that despite having a soft spot for Jason you have been unable to give an example of anything interesting Jason has said
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    katmobile wrote: »
    I don't mind people saying Jason's boring - yes he does speak in cliches (Rachel Stevens was also highly guilty of this too) but I think that a lot of threads along the lines of why we hate Jason including this one get annoying too. If he's so irritating tune it out or use the fast wind button - I've been doing with Brucie from day one after all. I'm afraid the 'I couldn't voice any opinion because the supporters shouted me down' arguement annoys me I have taken abuse for my opinions in the past but if you post an opinion then you've got to expect people to disagree with you and do so strongly. If you think they're over-zealous either enjoy the arguement with them or just shrug your shoulders and walk away but don't get bitter about it. Free speech does apply to everyone after all. Some Jason fans are right to point out that the guy can't open his mouth without being of being smug - if he annoys you fair enough but if you can't put your finger on why then admit it if others don't agree with what you think it is then accept it.

BIB- But this is the only one on page 1. There are none on page 2. This can hardly be considered an abundance of Jason bashing threads.

One point you seem to have missed is that when someone does make a negative comment about Jason, his fans often state that it's because he is a threat to our favourite which for myself and many others is just not true.

If someone posted a negative comment in an appreciation thread it would be considered as an inflammatory remark by the mods. One could argue that coming onto a thread where the OP has specifically asked us to list 'what we would rather do than listen to Jason' and say that Jason bashing is dull etc could be considered inflammatory too.
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't consider Jason boring, rather, fascinating in a forensic kind of way. Though being trapped in a lift with him might be taking the experiment too far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't consider Jason boring, rather, fascinating in a forensic kind of way. Though being trapped in a lift with him might be taking the experiment too far.

Honestly and I am not being sarcastic now I would really like to know what he has said that you find interesting. I really did think someone would have posted something by now

Oh dear :(
  • Options
    Kmc1978Kmc1978 Posts: 7,144
    Forum Member
    *Stick my fingers in an electric socket
    *Listen to a Westlife/Daniel O'Donnell cd
    *Lick a skunk
    *Listen to my dad(72) saying how great his sexlife is with his 42 yr old filipino wife
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Or strapping a ball and chain to my sprained ankle & trying to dance over jagged ice with bare feet*.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *clean all my carpets with a toothbrush
    *teach the cat the recorder
    *put a pair of underpants on my head, stick two pencils up my nose and say, "Wubble," whenever anyone asks me a question.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    *lick the lint tray clean
    *sit through one of those horrid Twilight movies
    *wrestle a bear while wearing Gaga's meat dress
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly and I am not being sarcastic now I would really like to know what he has said that you find interesting. I really did think someone would have posted something by now

He has not uttered one single nugget of interestingness. It's the whole picture I find horribly fascinating: the earnestness, the fixed gaze, the clichés and malapropisms, the intense focus (mainly directed at his own navel).

I could definitely do without the wifebeater vests exposing all that explosive body hair - does he think this is earthy and "keeping it real"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He has not uttered one single nugget of interestingness. It's the whole picture I find horribly fascinating: the earnestness, the fixed gaze, the clichés and malapropisms, the intense focus (mainly directed at his own navel).

I could definitely do without the wifebeater vests exposing all that explosive body hair - does he think this is earthy and "keeping it real"?

I suspect he thinks he's such a gift to the Universe that he must share himself with us. All of himself. Including the badgers under his arms.
  • Options
    Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member

Perhaps there are those who see the thread for what it is and are frankly not interested, having better things to discuss such as the performances Jason and Kristina deliver?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    Perhaps there are those who see the thread for what it is and are frankly not interested, having better things to discuss such as the performances Jason and Kristina deliver?

anything interesting anything at all !!!!

I am genuinely feeling really sorry for him now . I cant beleive someone has been on the tele for 10 weeks and has not uttered one single interesting thing
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kmc1978 wrote: »
    BIB- But this is the only one on page 1. There are none on page 2. This can hardly be considered an abundance of Jason bashing threads.

One point you seem to have missed is that when someone does make a negative comment about Jason, his fans often state that it's because he is a threat to our favourite which for myself and many others is just not true.

If someone posted a negative comment in an appreciation thread it would be considered as an inflammatory remark by the mods. One could argue that coming onto a thread where the OP has specifically asked us to list 'what we would rather do than listen to Jason' and say that Jason bashing is dull etc could be considered inflammatory too.

Yes but
    "A boo is a lot louder than a cheer. If you have 10 people cheering and one person booing, all you hear is the booing."

From the motivational quote master Lance Armstrong ... coming soon to an ITT near you ... :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    anything interesting anything at all !!!!

I am genuinely feeling really sorry for him now . I cant beleive someone has been on the tele for 10 weeks and has not uttered one single interesting thing

He may have uttered a lot of interesting things, but we were mostly asleep by the time he got to it!

I too share your feelings of sorrow (or pitty?:confused: I don't share that one!) for him. At least he didn't keep with the cliches and tries to express his unique and genuine points of view. He just needs to learn how to speak more effectively without putting his audience to sleep.

I kind of find it endearing. But that's because this characteristic of him reminds me strongly of my dad!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote: »
    Yes but

"A boo is a lot louder than a cheer. If you have 10 people cheering and one person booing, all you hear is the booing."

From the motivational quote master Lance Armstrong ... coming soon to an ITT near you ... :cool:

So maybe audience in the studio aren't booing Craig, it's just Len!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He may have uttered a lot of interesting things, but we were mostly asleep by the time he got to it!

I too share your feelings of sorrow (or pitty?:confused: I don't share that one!) for him. At least he didn't keep with the cliches and tries to express his unique and genuine points of view. He just needs to learn how to speak more effectively without putting his audience to sleep.

I kind of find it endearing. But that's because this characteristic of him reminds me strongly of my dad!

Probably pity as I cant bear to think of everyone just willing him to shut up everytime he opens his mouth

I know he ha driven me and Mr Shefair to want to pull out our own teeth rather than listen to him again

but for this to happen ALL the time with everyone does make me pity him
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by tortoiseperson

Jason's speech issue has not been helped by Kristina's limited mastery of English. Kristina may not realise how much Jason's long lectures in a light entertainment show is damaging their voter appeal.

If Ola was in Kristina's shoes Ola would have prevented the proliferation of Jasonisms, the way Alex protected James from digging his hole deeper. If Jason and co do not take counter-measures like today it may be goodbye.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Jason's speech issue has not been helped by Kristina's limited mastery of English. Kristina may not realise how much Jason's long lectures in a light entertainment show is damaging their voter appeal.

If Ola was in Kristina's shoes Ola would have prevented the proliferation of Jasonisms, the way Alex protected James from digging his hole deeper. If Jason and co do not take counter-measures like today it may be goodbye.

in all honesty I would not have said Ola's spoken English was any better than Kristina;s I am awestruck with both of their ability ( also Pasha, Aliona and Artem).

Kristina in the past has shown a good sense of humour and living with Joe I am sure will be getting feed back on what is so annoying about Jason and his manner and content of speech.

it is in the BBC interest to bring as many votes as possible, surely someone there must have had a word with him
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katmobile wrote: »
    Especially considering I've got hands like a four year old and very little manual dex (I kid you not no pun intended). :)

I suppose everyone has a bug bear and mine is people who voice a strong opinion especially a bitchy one and then get uppity when anyone dares to contradict them. I know though I can get the bit between my teeth and assume someone is being a pillock when they're not. You do have the right to be negative but it gets me when an entire thread is devoted to riffing on how boring someone's speech it also does strike me as a bit playground stuff and I've had my life blighted when I had to put up with that rubbish.

I've got a soft spot for ole Jace actually - maybe it's because no one on here seems to like him maybe because he's the best dancer in the competition who is my age. It's especially weird since he did bad cover versions of songs I liked back in the day and I swore I'd never forgive him.

Fair enough! ;) See you do understand! You may have a different reason but you get the unappreciation! ;):p

I dunno why I feel so strongly I haven't been watching for a month. :o:D
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well. I like him too Katmobile and I'm thrilled he's on this years SCD, really loving him and Kristina. At this stage I couldn't give a stuff what folk say about him, I like him and that's good enough for me :) Oh by the way, I'd love them to get to the final.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    soulmate61 wrote: »

Kristina is not a theoretical linguist but I'm almost certain language isn't an issue here. A tedious person is a tedious person no matter the cultural divide. ;) Kristina probably knows how Jason comes across, but there isn't much she can do about it short of a ball gag.
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ferfichkin wrote: »
    Kristina is not a theoretical linguist but I'm almost certain language isn't an issue here. A tedious person is a tedious person no matter the cultural divide. ;) Kristina probably knows how Jason comes across, but there isn't much she can do about it short of a ball gag.

Hmmmmmm...........now there's an idea! :p:p:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should Jason always have to be saying something interesting? What has Chelsee ever said that's interesting, come to that? Or Robbie? What does it matter? They're there to learn to dance and to deliver a competent and enjoyable routine not keep us entertained even when they're not on the dance floor.

I'm sick of the 'let's bash Jason' threads! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dont think the operative word was always a this point I would be interested in once

Chelsee interests me the way she interacts with Pasha , and says dont we Pasha and has talked about enjoying the dance so much she gets caught up in it so forgets the steps and gets too disco

Robbie interests me the way he teases Ola and takes the mickey out of himself . I also thought he spoke movingly(without that many cliches) about the death of his friend.

Yes it is a dance competition but it is also a popularity contest

and as pointed out there is only this one thread going at the moment