Nicole Sherzinger
3% 6 votes
Christina Aguilera
11% 19 votes

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tough call as i like each for a different reason but from the ones mentioned

Adele- vocally and lyrically brilliant
    Britney Spears- Still creating fresh vibrant music.
    Katy Perry- Simply makes great fun pop music

Rihanna would have been there too but has taken the sex thing too far Beyonce 1 good album out of four and Lady gaga about as original as a tea pot ;)
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Tough call as i like each for a different reason but from the ones mentioned

Adele- vocally and lyrically brilliant
    Britney Spears- Still creating fresh vibrant music.
    Katy Perry- Simply makes great fun pop music

Rihanna would have been there too but has taken the sex thing too far, Beyonce 1 good album out of four and Lady gaga about as original as a tea pot ;)

Out of interest, which is the album that you considered good out of the four?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm i won't vote maybe Britney
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney Spears, without a doubt. I do love Rihanna, though!
  • If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady GodGa - What can I say, Mother Monster is my all, she is the most inspiring singer around.

Britney Spears - The music is still great and she's slowly but surely getting back to her best, I hope she's still alive in 3/4 years time and we get a few more albums from her.

Beyoncé - Mama B, she's a performer unlike any other, she's like the Grand Dame of pop!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Very tough poll but I went with Rihanna. She has the most hits, the most striking personality and she has that whole "I don't try to hard to be edgy but I do" appeal.

Seen her twice in concert and absolutely love her. Beyonce is on par with Rihanna, if she'd just release one more album she might be ranked above RiRi. I adore Beyonce and I feel she's the most talented out of everyone on that list.

Britney is a legend and I feel she's been one of the most important people in pop culture for almost 15 years now. I still love her albums but she's not my favorite artist by a long stretch.

Kesha and Katy are great fro throwaway hits.

Lady Gaga is very talented and definitely starting make her mark but it's early days.

Adele is a legend already I feel and although her music is not at all my style, I love 21 to bits.

Christina I feel has had her day. I don't think she'll ever be on top again and I'm not overgone on her in general anyway.

Jessie J has had a nice year with a few good pop singles but a dreadful album, it's very early days.

I love Nicole's album Killer Love although as a person she doesn't really click with me.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digichant wrote: »
    Out of interest, which is the album that you considered good out of the four?

4 simply as it was what she tried to do with IASF created interesting forward thinking pop r&b that worked really well :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Out of those choices;

Lady Gaga
    Entertains, engages and intrigues me more than any other popstar. First and foremost; I love the music. It's bold, it's catchy, it's got soul and there's something to get your teeth into. I love the spectacle of what she does, but I also love when she's just at the piano. She's an incredibly talented woman, and considering she's only 25 I can't wait to see what her future has in store.

Christina Aguilera
    Stripped is a modern pop classic and will forever remain a favourite. It was the album that really opened my eyes when I was a kid. She has a raw, strong, soulful voice that really emotes. I respect that she gets heavily involved in the creative process and pours herself into the music, she's not just a singer. Despite her ups and downs, I think she'll outlast many of her peers and become a well-respected soul singer.

Honourable mentions;

Beyonce
    Flawless performer. Her music isn't as great as she is, but she does have some gems. 4 took a while to grab hold - and I still skip about half of it - but there's some solid material there. I think we're yet to see the best of her.

Adele
    Her music is honest and unassuming, her voice is beautiful and I want to be her friend. Whilst I don't listen to all of 19 or 21, there are tracks on each that I love and play regularly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy Perry all the way, apart from her and beyonce would not give the others the time of day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went for Adele based on her voice, songwriting skills, performance style and basically everything

Close second was Rihanna - she has been incredibly successful with loads and loads of great, catchy pop tunes under her belt

Third for me would be Beyonce - been around the longest and also has more than a few hits under her belt

Bottom two for me would be Ke$ha and Jessie J because they haven't released as much material and i feel they both have a lot more to do to become really successful :)
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musically, Rihanna. She has released so many singles and I really like or love every single one of them. I can't say that about any other artist I've ever listen to in my lifetime.
  • darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina Aguilera - because there are no songs i skip on her Stripped album, and her debut is beautiful too, if often overlooked. also love back to basics. shes been one of my favourite artists for the past 10 years and basically i relate a lot of her music to my childhood because i listened to her all the time when i was 8/9 years old. :)
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Has to be Beyoncé for me. She hasn't disappointed me with any of her albums, vocally she's brilliant, as well as a great dancer an there's no one else who can perform live like her imo.
  • spindiddlyspindiddly Posts: 4,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ke$ha.

Rihanna, Katy & Jessie scrapping for 2nd. :)
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    None of them are really my musical cup of tea, but Jessie J and Adele are good.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Voted for Beyonce. Honourable mentions to Adele, Christina and Katy Perry.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted for Beyoncé.

And really who voted for Nicole Scherzinger?
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Britney, Adele and Xtina. Beyonce is ok from time to time. The rest I don't like.
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,513
    Forum Member
    Beyoncé is my favourite. I love all four of her albums. She has a brilliant voice and is an amazing performer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted for Beyoncé.

And really who voted for Nicole Scherzinger?

I voted for her... :o
    But then who voted for Jessie J and Ke$ha?
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    __3kerry wrote: »
    I voted for her... :o
    But then who voted for Jessie J and Ke$ha?

i voted Ke$ha because she just plain amazing haha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i voted Ke$ha because she just plain amazing haha

I prefer Ke$ha to Jessie J, I have to admit. Ke$ha releases the better material
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of them would make my top ten list of female popstars, but Britney and Gaga are my favourites from that list.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady GaGa. Because of her uniqueness.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady GodGa - What can I say, Mother Monster is my all, she is the most inspiring singer around.

That thieving charlatan doesn't inspire me........Rihanna on the other hand is da one....:)