Who do you prefer out of these women?

Comments

• umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Spears - love her or hate her you just can't ignore her. Great music, iconic videos, impactful stage performances and a very sweet, likeable personality. She's seen the highs and lows and she has managed to come back on top no matter what. She has truly stood the test of time, thirteen years into her career and she is still giving current stars such as Rihanna, Katy Perry and Lady GaGa a run for their money.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen B all day every day
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was close between Gaga, Adele and Beyonce (although I like most of them) but I went for Gaga I probably enjoy her music the most from the people on that list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand the fascination with Rihanna..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney
  • IlleismIlleism Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    __3kerry wrote: »

I don't either. I think Rated R was good enough, but a lot of her music is trash.

I like some trash, but Rihanna doesn't even have good trash.:sleep:
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Was Hard to pick between Beyonce and Rihanna but went with Beyonce in the end
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney Spears by miles!

I mean she has this vibe about her, this quirkiness....she is a contrmporary tragic Pop Icon, someone you want to will to succeed, she has left a massive influence on a lot of contemporary popstars and in herself is influenced by the best (she loves Madonna and Prince.....thats all i need!).

Not just that though, out of her back catalogue she has 3 what i call TRUE Pop classic albums (In The Zone, Blackout and Femme Fatale) each ironically are her most overlooked albums in her career. Sure she hasnt got "the best vocal" but she has a unique voice. I cannot wait to see where she is heading. She needs more time with her family and to be influenced by the music first and foremost again, but honestly Britney Spears in Contemporary Pop Music has always been my favourite. Sure she isnt yet on the levels of Madonna, Elvis, The Beatles, Rolling Stones....but Britney very much has set her own level and tied with Kylie and Janet as the definitive Pop Princesses.

After her.

Christina Aguilera I personally feel is the closest....i lvoed the Spears/Xtina "rivalry" back in the day on MTV etc. Again with Britney, Christina helped lead a contemporary Pop Diva revolt with her Stripped album paving her own way as an influence in modern Pop.

Back To Basics i feel is her best overall album for its concept and range of Jazzy/Old Skool styles. And i do really like Bionic too, and honestly i do hope that she continues in the industry for as long as possible....i mean she is the Voice of a generation for crying out loud!

After that I feel Rihanna, good girl gone bad and Rated R are amazing Pop albums. Her recent Talk That Talk is also a really very solid....brutal Pop album. She is exciting....she has a quirky grace jones ness about her, a campy/eccentric vibe but for commercial appeal....i believe if she takes a break during this album and befoere the next album campaign she will achieve some form of longevity.

Ke£ha is very overlooked i feel....Animal is a solid Electropop album...and Cannibal i love every song on it, again very solid....i think she will prove to be a dark horse.

Lady gaga, Beyonce and Adele between them have an album each i thoroughly enjoy and also boast an album each that i wouldnt think about twice!

Each of the three are overrated for being underrated and vice versa really but at the end of the day, the past 3 years have seen them shine out a lot of the way really. Will be interestng to see where it leads.

(oh and yes Born This Way, 4 and 19 are those albums i mentioned earlier)
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Rihanna is quite understmated on this forum i think although she is probably not the most taltented but i think atm she is probably the most sucessful and and the Queen B of Pop with Beyonce Lady Gaga Katy Perry and Adele close behind her. I think Britney and Christina have had there time and wont really be at the top again although they were great in there time.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    As I mentioned earlier I picked Queen B, but Rihanna comes 2nd. Her vocals and stage performance have improved so much over the years, and all her albums have a different feel to them and I've loved every one of them, including 'Music Of The Sun, which hardly gets mentioned by anyone.
  • daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can honestly say I can't stand any of them, if I had to choose who I disliked the least it would be Christina
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Ke$ha - More talented than given credit for
    2. Rihanna - Hits machine
    3. Lady Gaga - Some good songs/writes her songs
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of any of them but I'd pick Christina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Adele, Rihanna and Britney.
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J, the others are too far up their own bums.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Beyonce, Adele, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Nicole to some extent. I don't really know Jessie beyond Price Tag, nor anything much from Kesha. I only like 1 song from Christina, but forget the rest!
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    __3kerry wrote: »

Same, never really liked her to be honest
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    voted for beyonce, i love just everything about her:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce because she is by far the most talented vocally. She has an amazing voice and brilliant singing she can deliver pitch perfect singing while dancing. And she is by far the best performer of her generation and possibly the best female performer ever. Total package! She doesn't need all the frills and gimmicks lady gaga does.
    Second favourite would be Britney simply because she is a legend!
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    Jessie J, the others are too far up their own bums.

Britney is probably the least up herself.

Jessie J is pretentious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    All pretty mediocre , just a question who's the most mediocre. You wouldnt pay any of them in rubber washers. With most of them youd get more of a tune by pushing a dog turd up & down a cheese grater.The fact that people pay to listen / see these turns is probably the most worrying part.

:)
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't rate any of them that highly.Very much into female vocals though.Didn't vote.Far better female talent out there.If Emele Sande was on the list would probably voted for her.Doesn't have the same 'celebrity / pop' status as OP's list YET though.Hope she doesn't come out with the usual trash the listed artists usually come out with, even though she's written a few songs for them.Hope she has more control over the production.
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney is probably the least up herself.

Jessie J is pretentious.

Have to disagree, my friend. Britney really is above herself. Look at all the minders she has. But fair play, you have the right to your opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Beyonce- great but needs to take a break & let us miss her.
    Katy Perry- can be annoying...but she makes such catchy tunes, dammit!
    Rihanna- What's My Name is a phenomenal tune, but her sluttiness is irritating & too try-hard.
    Lady GaGa- I like her, she seems really genuine.
    Britney Spears- see Katy Perry.
    Ke$ha- just.....no.
    Jessie J- really like her when she doesn't oversing. She has a great voice.
    Adele- like her but hearing Someone Like You endlessly on the radio really gets on my tits :D
    Nicole Sherzinger- apart from Right There, her music is bland.
    Christina Aguilera- top-notch voice but never knows which direction to take, which affects her music IMO.

So after all that, I've gone for...Beyonce
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adele closely followed by Lady GaGa.