Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I would really, really like that.

Comments

• Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Yeah, 'cos after yet another 2nd-rate soap star decides they fancy being in DW, they're obviously the right person for the job, eh?

Becides, if any soap star deserves a recurring role in DW, it's surely Suranne Jones?
  • Options
    bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Yeah, 'cos after yet another 2nd-rate soap star decides they fancy being in DW, they're obviously the right person for the job, eh?

No, the reason is because her character was really the only good thing about Last Christmas to me. She was a good character, if underused and was actually likeable, unlike a certain hanger on that we've got....

I actually thought in the short time she was on screen, she complimented Peter's Doctor more than Clara has done across all their episodes together.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was good, wasn't she? :) I would have both her and Shona as companions next year, that would make for an interesting change having 2 girls.
  • Options
    bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is a good actress. She was very good on corrie. I also liked her role as china in ideal. There does not seem to be a job vacancy for the role of the doctor's assistant in series 9 though-unfortunately.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never made an impression on me, bland and boring. Acting-by-numbers.

Faye Marsay, ("Shona", the dancing one) seems more appropriate.Very talented.

And she might very well be in a future episode, it was sort-of implied.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was rather taken with Shona myself. Good performance...nice dance moves!
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hardly second rate.

Another one here for Gumede, I think she's a fine actress and absolutely beautiful.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I can't help wondering if the people getting all excited at the thought are just soap fans who like the idea of somebody they might already be a fan of getting a role in another show.

Speaking as somebody who doesn't watch soaps, I gotta say that I've already forgotten pretty much everything she did in today's episode and I doubt I could pick her out of a police line-up.

About the only secondary character who I found at all memorable was the bird who was boogying along to Slade while creeping around the lab'.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as she doesn't stop smacking around the Doctor that is fine by me.
  • Options
    bbll22bbll22 Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help wondering if the people getting all excited at the thought are just soap fans who like the idea of somebody they might already be a fan of getting a role in another show.

Speaking as somebody who doesn't watch soaps, I gotta say that I've already forgotten pretty much everything she did in today's episode and I doubt I could pick her out of a police line-up.

About the only secondary character who I found at all memorable was the bird who was boogying along to Slade while creeping around the lab'.

I'm not a fan of the soaps whatsoever. I remember her from last year's Strictly but that's all I know of her. For me, she just clicked and felt right from the off. She actually felt like a companion rather than Clara just being there. Shona had a similar kind of thing about her like Ash did but I just took to Gumede's character more. If it was between either of them to be the new companion, I'd pick Gumede but I wouldn't complain if Faye came back as Shona...
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nope, I don't watch soaps, never have but what I did catch of her on coronation street as I passed through the room, was good, she out acted everyone she was on screen with (couldn't tell you who I saw her) and you cant deny the aesthetics.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm the same, don't watch soaps so don't know who half these people are. Same with the woman in 42' never heard of her & thought she was good. Same with Jenna, never heard of her and she was great as Oswin and Victorian Clara. Shame about the way she went after that.
  • Options
    davebtdavebt Posts: 110
    Forum Member

^^this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking Shona would be better... There a a few hints too... Her subconscious was very, very, very... Influential on the shared dream state. And she was the one who called the Dotor out on dressing like a Magician, and the title of the next episode is...
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She certainly seems to have made a big impression on viewers. Possibly the most popular guest star and potential companion since Sally Sparrow (who would have made a brilliant companion but there's no way that the BBC could afford Carey Mulligan now)

I thought Shona was nice enough but she's no JC/Clara.
  • Options
    TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    She certainly seems to have made a big impression on viewers. Possibly the most popular guest star and potential companion since Sally Sparrow (who would have made a brilliant companion but there's no way that the BBC could afford Carey Mulligan now)

Seriously? There have been hordes of guest stars over the years who might have made a half-decent companion, as far as I could see none of those last night were anything that special:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

Well no... I know that's what your saying is that she isn't companion material... But my logical brain says
    A) she's a different character
    B)she's a different actress...

I dunno I just think she'd work. In addition to Clara as she seemed to really click with her. I think they'll travel in the Tardis together... I hope so anyway...