Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 9)

notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
Forum Member
:(
Hotgossip wrote: »
How did Izzy get up on that high worktop and why?

She used the practice gained from getting on her high horse all the time!! :D

Continuation of: Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr.radio wrote: »
    I loved that line a few weeks back when someone wrote " Shall we go the bistro, my treat!"........

And me! :D
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Now the "real" Gavin has shuffled off this mortal coil....how are they going to bury him?? Plusssssssss what about his mother??? shes only divorced from Micheal what if shes remarried and comes to see where her son spent his last days?? Then Micheal meets her and the "fake" Gavin meets her...what is the world coming to :D
    Lol!

Seriously just lol! Coronation Street puts Swiss Cheese to shame..hehehe!
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    :(

She used the practice gained from getting on her high horse all the time!! :D

:D hehehe..:o
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    BIB Her new favourite word. It replaced books and library!

Hang on. Are we all saying that Corrie characters are one dimensional and the prog is full of tedious repetition? :o
    No who would ever say that, and nobody is saying that it seems like they use 80% of the previous script again for the next episode :D
    Tracyluv enters the Rovers

Tracyluv overhears a row, possibly something to do with her.
    Camera pans on Tracyluv, who smirks.

Liz or Michelle mutter "What on earth is she doing here?"
    Liz/Michelle: "You're welcome to have a drink, yaddah yah - any trouble and you're out."
    Tracyluv: "I've not come here for any trouble. I just want a glass of red"
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend and her grown up daughter both have EDS and both perform what must seem like impossible feats, and which makd some people doubt their disabilities. I don't know how much worse the actress is, as she seems to need the wheelchair all the time.

My friend and I were in the disabled enclosure at a gig last year, and she climbed onto a piece of the scaffolding, to dirty looks and muttering. She's genuinely disabled in a way that makes life difficult, and can't stand for more than a minute, but she is fine at pulling herself onto things!

It doesn't help that there are conmen like the recent case where a "comatose" man was caught shopping, on foot, in Tescos, bit generally, disabled people have good and bad days and can do different things. Sometimes the simplest things are the most challenging.

I go to the gym and pull heavy weights, but ask me to wash up and I'm in agony, it puts a strain on my back. Lucky we have a dishwasher :-)

The "why" Izzy was on the worktop is harder to answer!
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's impossible to believe that Real Gavin and Fake Gavin were such great mates, entirely because of the two-dimensional way they've portrayed Real Gavin. Couldn't they at least have shown him having actual doubts, instead of just putting him into full-on moustache twirling mode?

It's all well and good having Fake Gavin spout a couple of lines about what a good guy he used to be, but show, don't tell, Corrie!
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brand new thread! It seemed overdue. :p
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    It's impossible to believe that Real Gavin and Fake Gavin were such great mates, entirely because of the two-dimensional way they've portrayed Real Gavin. Couldn't they at least have shown him having actual doubts, instead of just putting him into full-on moustache twirling mode?

It's all well and good having Fake Gavin spout a couple of lines about what a good guy he used to be, but show, don't tell, Corrie!

I thought exactly this. I couldn't believe for a moment that Real and Fake Gavin would have been friends or that they would have been mountain climbing on Mull. Well, I could envisage FG doing that but not RG who has been depicted as a rough, womanising, sexist pillock, hardly given to strenuous outdoor pursuits.
  • emilybemilyb Posts: 855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else find it odd how well behaved the young children are in Corrie? I don't just mean the characters who of course never chuck food at their parents or refuse to have a bath/go to bed or any other normal small child behaviour but the child actors too. In every scene they're in they sit perfectly still on screen mum/dad's knee being quiet or happily playing with a toy (silently) or sit in the pram/highchair again happy & silent. Are they in awe of the cameras or do they just cast impeccably behaved toddlers? If my daughter was a child actor she'd run around the set chucking props on the floor shouting a chorus of "Peppa! George! Daddyyyyyy!" over the actors & there is no way in hell she would sit nice & still on anyone's knee or in a pram or highchair unless there was food & then most of that would get chucked on the floor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tracyluv overhears a row, possibly something to do with her.

Liz or Michelle mutter "What on earth is she doing here?"
    Liz/Michelle: "You're welcome to have a drink, yaddah yah - any trouble and you're out."
    Tracyluv: "I've not come here for any trouble. I just want a glass of red"

Tracyluv enters the Rovers.

Liz and Michelle sneer.

Tracyluv smirks.

Liz and Michelle sneer.

Tracyluv smirks.

Liz and Michelle sneer.

Tracyluv smirks.

Liz and Michelle sneer.

Tracyluv smirks.

Liz and Michelle sneer.

Tracyluv concedes as usual to those fabulous fiesty women - Michelle and Liz.

Somewhere, in the darkest recesses of the Rovers Return, Steve McDonald hears the voices of his mother and girlfriend He cowers snd shudders....and withdraws even further into the gloomy, foreboding shadows...........
  • Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Brand new thread! It seemed overdue. :p

Nothing to add just want to stay in the loop.
    Can't believe I said stay in the loop:o:blush:
  • stevepjkstevepjk Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emilyb wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it odd how well behaved the young children are in Corrie? I don't just mean the characters who of course never chuck food at their parents or refuse to have a bath/go to bed or any other normal small child behaviour but the child actors too. In every scene they're in they sit perfectly still on screen mum/dad's knee being quiet or happily playing with a toy (silently) or sit in the pram/highchair again happy & silent. Are they in awe of the cameras or do they just cast impeccably behaved toddlers? If my daughter was a child actor she'd run around the set chucking props on the floor shouting a chorus of "Peppa! George! Daddyyyyyy!" over the actors & there is no way in hell she would sit nice & still on anyone's knee or in a pram or highchair unless there was food & then most of that would get chucked on the floor.

You're right, that is why I refer to smart Joseph because he looks like he's dressed for a society wedding, not nursery. Corry writers should watch the channel four documentary on four year olds to see how little children really look and behave.

No young child in soapland ever jumps about shouting MUM! WEEEEE! Or worse still pop it out and piss up the nearest tree, or just wets themselves, in fact they never go to the toilet.

We all know soap children are not real by the fact they regenerate at puberty so in a few years time Max will be a dark haired tanned skinned plump teenager
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last week I heard a listeners' feedback programme abut 'The Archers'.
    Amongst complaints were:

The programme has veered completely from its original countryside roots.

Storylines are artificial, contrived and too drawn out.

Acting is wooden and many characters are totally unnecessary.

People all work in the same close area, no-one commutes.

All relationships involved people from the came close area.

The programme is getting too like 'EastEnders'.

Now where have I heard these complaints before?:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a delayed one, sorry if its been mentioned but would an over the counter urine testing pregnancy test have worked on Faye given how far gone she is? These tests work by detecting the level of HCG hormone in the urine as HCG rises rapidly in the early stages of pregnancy. I might be wrong (I probably am) but I though at around 4 months HCG levels went back down & progesterone levels went up therefore after this stage even though you're pregnant it wouldn't show up on a urine test? This was also mentioned in an episode of Doctors but of course they could have just been making it up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stevepjk wrote: »
    You're right, that is why I refer to smart Joseph because he looks like he's dressed for a society wedding, not nursery. Corry writers should watch the channel four documentary on four year olds to see how little children really look and behave.

No young child in soapland ever jumps about shouting MUM! WEEEEE! Or worse still pop it out and piss up the nearest tree, or just wets themselves, in fact they never go to the toilet.

We all know soap children are not real by the fact they regenerate at puberty so in a few years time Max will be a dark haired tanned skinned plump teenager

Smart Joseph lol yes where on earth did they find him? I've never seen such an immaculate child, especially amazing considering Katy forgets he even exists most of the time!
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bistro has an office? Where, fgs?

The gents' toilet and the kitchen occupy the same space, there's nothing to the right of the bar. The place doesn''t even have any storage space. And when the camera was looking past katy and izzy (another pair of drinks only customers) the bar seemed to be about 40 feet away.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trudi Monk wrote: »
    Nothing to add just want to stay in the loop.
    Can't believe I said stay in the loop:o:blush:
    :o;-)

Please say
    up to date.
    jsmith99 wrote: »

The gents' toilet and the kitchen occupy the same space, there's nothing to the right of the bar. The place doesn''t even have any storage space. And when the camera was looking past katy and izzy (another pair of drinks only customers) the bar seemed to be about 40 feet away.

There was one somewhere a while ago with Nigel Havers in it.:)
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    :o;-)

Please say
    up to date.

There was one somewhere a while ago with Nigel Havers in it.:)
    It probably shares the same space as Gail's cleaning cupboard.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and they probably keep the olives in there too
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How weak is supposedly tough Callum? One comment of: "I'm not scared of you" from the ginger shorter Chuckle Brother lookalike (Chesney) and he runs off with his tail between his legs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »

If u watch an old episode before there's any unit under the viaduct the space is absolutely tiny there's no way that bistro would fit there unless its a tardis! What was there between it being an empty space & the bistro - was it Sally's hardware shop?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emilyb wrote: »
    If u watch an old episode before there's any unit under the viaduct the space is absolutely tiny there's no way that bistro would fit there unless its a tardis! What was there between it being an empty space & the bistro - was it Sally's hardware shop?

Think that was where the kebab shop is.

Jim McDonald had a motorbike workshop near where the bistro is.
  • Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any old rubbish written to get rid of little Joseph. What father would willingly send him off to another country at such an impressionable young age, especially Chesney. The volte face in his attitude was a gigantic SOR tonight. Since when do people decide to make a new life in another country at the merest drop of a hat and then clear off almost instantly. The lack of imagination in the scriptwriting team is shocking.

Don't get me started on the Gail nonsense. Her choice to get involved like that and she can blame nobody but herself for being so pathetic in playing along with fraud Gavin. The fact that she has done so is yet another big SOR.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who phoned fake Gav to tell him real Gav was dead?
    What happened to the blackmail money real Gav was given?
    Why doesn't fake Gav just leave the bistro?
    Does anyone really care about Sean and Billy?
  • Lost TripperLost Tripper Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Bistro has racks with St Julien wine on them. When these cost getting on for £100 a bottle before the customary 200 or 300% mark up I can't see many of them being shifted.
This discussion has been closed.