Die Hard 4.0

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
having just seen it, I am happy to report it's as good as ever. Bruce is excellent, set pieces huge, humour is spot on, Justin Long makes a good tag-a-long. Tim Olyphant has a tough job as the baddie though because Alan Rickman, Jeremy Irons and the american bloke from the second film were so strong.

Should do well at the box office.

Die Hard 4.0 - discuss

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the restrictions, is it as violent as the others?
  • RaytopsRaytops Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Granny wrote: »
    Considering the restrictions, is it as violent as the others?
    Do you mean it was as good as original or "Vengeance" cos they were streets apart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    its not as violent as say the first two, its just a good watch, Bruce is still excellent. I would say its more like 3 than 1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Thank God it's a 15 here in the UK too (as opposed to PG-13 in the US), i was dreading having kids in the theatre during a Die Hard movie! :D

I saw a 10 minute preview of it yesterday, it looked really good from what i saw.

A question for the OP, does he say "Yippee Ki Yay Motherf*cker" in it's entirety or does it go "Yippee Ki Yay motherf.. *huge explosion*"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    The BBFC says "Contains frequent action violence and one use of strong language" - just one piece of strong language?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    Don't forget the taboos of the american movie industry:

1. Sex
    2. Swearing
    3. America not being better then everybody else ever
    4. English people playing english people.

and way way down the list at about 436 is Violence.

So yeah 1 strong use of language is probably still too much for them.
    Forum Member
    I noticed that the Mother f*cker bit did seem to have been lowered in the mix, and the gun firing did happen very quickly after semi hiding the line!

But very small grumble, and didn't really effect my enjoyment of the film
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Thank God it's a 15 here in the UK too (as opposed to PG-13 in the US), i was dreading having kids in the theatre during a Die Hard movie! :D

Yeah, because kids would never try to sneak in. ;)
  • RaytopsRaytops Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my previous posting I quoted Granny instead of JFK by mistake.
    The violence is irrelevent - my point was is 4 nearer to 3 or 1 in terms of quality.
    That is the question.:)
  • BCtomBCtom Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How have you managed to see it? It doesnt come out in the US till 27th June?
    Forum Member
    Raytops wrote: »
    In my previous posting I quoted Granny instead of JFK by mistake.
    The violence is irrelevent - my point was is 4 nearer to 3 or 1 in terms of quality.
    That is the question.:)

yes it is more like 3 than 1 in terms of style of filmmaking
    Forum Member
    BCtom wrote: »
    How have you managed to see it? It doesnt come out in the US till 27th June?

I work in radio, i was asked if I wanted to see it
    Forum Member
    Cindylover wrote: »
    Yeah, because kids would never try to sneak in. ;)

The cinema i go to has recently changed the layout, meaning that you absolutely have to walk past a guy who rips your tickets, so i think it would be a bit hard for underage kids to "sneak" in :p
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    The cinema i go to has recently changed the layout, meaning that you absolutely have to walk past a guy who rips your tickets, so i think it would be a bit hard for underage kids to "sneak" in :p

im not so sure after what i witnessed when i saw Hot fuzz. two women openly took a six year old child in. They had their tickets torn and then this six year old (who obviously didnt have a ticket) just walked in behind them! There were no kids films showing at the time and the usher just watched them go in. They were removed after an hour by the way and they complained they were being sent out!
    Anyway back to Die hard 4. Cant wait to see it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I'm just glad thats they finally decided on a title. Its been changing between Die Hard 4.0 and Live Long, Die Hard for ages!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    im not so sure after what i witnessed when i saw Hot fuzz. two women openly took a six year old child in. They had their tickets torn and then this six year old (who obviously didnt have a ticket) just walked in behind them! There were no kids films showing at the time and the usher just watched them go in. They were removed after an hour by the way and they complained they were being sent out!
    Anyway back to Die hard 4. Cant wait to see it!

Tut.
    I went to see Terminator 3 and there was a family near the front with two toddlers and no one batted an eyelid!

Live Free or Die Hard is the US title by the way, h_is_lush1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that Granny :)
    I dont like either title personally!
  • cheekscheeks Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could be my ears but I saw the trailer today and Bruce Willis's voice sounded different......
    Forum Member
    Granny wrote: »
    Tut.
    I went to see Terminator 3 and there was a family near the front with two toddlers and no one batted an eyelid!

That's probably because Terminator 3 was a 12A at the cinemas, as long as the toddlers were accompanied by an adult it was perfectly fine.
  • hallchallc Posts: 199,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Die Hard movies , like Bruce too , does he say Yipee Kahe thing ? That`s a bit cheesy , my only fault with the films ...
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently he does say it, but whether it will be left in for the UK version or not remains to be seen. It's looking like it's gonna be a 12A over here.

Paddy :D
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Apparently he does say it, but whether it will be left in for the UK version or not remains to be seen. It's looking like it's gonna be a 12A over here.

Paddy :D

It's already been confirmed by the BBFC that it's a 15 (for Intense Action Violence and one use of Strong Language). Probably due to the fact that the BBFC don't like the word "motherf*cker" or the use of martial arts (which Maggie Q's character uses quite a lot in the movie). It might be the same version as the PG-13 in America, but at least there wont be any kids in the cinema :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is the guy who wouldn't take a plane after 9/11. Tough guy.