Options

bill shock

noise747noise747 Posts: 30,857
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just had my bill from vodafone for £65, it was a shock. I never thought I went over my 300mins. I don't normally.

Ok, it was my fault kind off, but I thnk that Vodafone should have sent a text when I was getitng close to the limit, also they need to sort out their my Vodafone app, because it is naff the way it says what is left voice wise. I have 300mins of voice and so many mins of vodafone to vodafone, but it is all combined, so it makes it difficult to know how many miins is used.

Of cause I will pay the bill, but I will still send Vodafone a email complaining about it. mainly the My vodafone App being a total waste of space.

Also, is it not about time Vodafone sorted out their website, so slow it is.

Comments

• Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noise747 wrote: »
    Also, is it not about time Vodafone sorted out their website, so slow it is.
    Yoda has a Vodafone contract. Who knew?
  • Options
    GrayburnGrayburn Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »

Out of mouth you took ones words...hhhhmmmm!
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member

Well, advertise for Vodafone he did...
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..I just had my bill from vodafone for £65, it was a shock. I never thought I went over my 300mins. I don't normally....

Why should they want to do that, it would cost them money ?

Lucky that you did not get caught in a £1000+++++++++++ data snares.
    Its interesting that they quickly regulated the loan shark business but network sharks get free reign.
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just had my bill from vodafone for £65, it was a shock. I never thought I went over my 300mins. I don't normally.

Ok, it was my fault kind off, but I thnk that Vodafone should have sent a text when I was getitng close to the limit, .

Do any of the networks do that ?

On EE, although you can see an itemised list of your calls, no where is the cumulative time consumed, what you have to do, is download the .csv file, and use the 'Sum' function in Excel to see what the running total time is.

Mobile networks really are a nasty devious bunch
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Three bill shows me exactly how many minutes I've used to other networks, plus a separate usage for Three calls. Everything is in real time, and I'm not allowed any off plan charges unless I authorise it first.

That's another reason I'm happy with Three, knowing my bill will always and has always been the same.

:) Mark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grayburn wrote: »
    Out of mouth you took ones words...hhhhmmmm!
    d123 wrote: »
    Well, advertise for Vodafone he did...

LOL, I have no idea why I typed it that way. Oh well at least if gave someone a laugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Why should they want to do that, it would cost them money ?

True, but it would be nice, certainly since I never normally go over 150 mins.
    I have used the mobile more this time with being in Hospital and other stuff.
    Lucky that you did not get caught in a £1000+++++++++++ data snares.
    Its interesting that they quickly regulated the loan shark business but network sharks get free reign.

I have no idea what that is, but then my Data usage is really low.
    I do agree with your comment about the loan sharks,
    Mark C wrote: »
    Do any of the networks do that ?

On EE, although you can see an itemised list of your calls, no where is the cumulative time consumed, what you have to do, is download the .csv file, and use the 'Sum' function in Excel to see what the running total time is.

Mobile networks really are a nasty devious bunch

I agree, but they are allowed to get away with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scooby1970 wrote: »
    My Three bill shows me exactly how many minutes I've used to other networks, plus a separate usage for Three calls. Everything is in real time, and I'm not allowed any off plan charges unless I authorise it first.

That's another reason I'm happy with Three, knowing my bill will always and has always been the same.

:) Mark

I tried three on a temp PAYG service, but the signal around here is not reliable, out of 4 places I needed voice I could get it at one of them only. 3 only use 3G and have no fall back for voice, no good for me, shame really as they are cheaper than vodafone.
  • Options
    heidthebaheidtheba Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tried three on a temp PAYG service, but the signal around here is not reliable, out of 4 places I needed voice I could get it at one of them only. 3 only use 3G and have no fall back for voice, no good for me, shame really as they are cheaper than vodafone.

Isn't it Vodafone that 3 use to roam on when it reverts to 2g?

Obv you need to choose 'auto' and not force 3g.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    heidtheba wrote: »

Obv you need to choose 'auto' and not force 3g.

Used to be Orange.
  • Options
    biggytbiggyt Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    .... 3 only use 3G and have no fall back for voice, no good for me, shame really as they are cheaper than vodafone.

I am on 3 and I can fallback to ee for voice/texts but I don't really need to as I rarely don't get a 3 signal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Used to be Orange.
    biggyt wrote: »
    I am on 3 and I can fallback to ee for voice/texts but I don't really need to as I rarely don't get a 3 signal.

It was O2 at one point.

In places where they say there is a good 3G signal, they do not have any fallback and according to 3 we have a good 3g signal. I think the CEO's of these mobile networks really should get off their backside and come and see what the signal like, because to be honest I do not think they got any idea what so ever.
    That includes Vodafone as well.
  • Options
    d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    heidtheba wrote: »

Stiggles wrote: »
    Used to be Orange.

It still is Orange, and prior to that it was O2. Vodafone have never been involved.