Options

9300T missed recordings

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
9 month old 9300T missing alot of recordings recently. This week The Fixer, Eggheads & Strictly to name the ones I've remembered. The Fixer & Strictly are on series link but Eggheads is on weekly record (Fridays only so mother in law can see it when she comes for tea).

Thinking of taking it back under warranty but no sure what to replace it with if I did.

Any advice would be useful, thanks.

PS There are no 800 channels & on Sutton Coldfield transmitter (BBC1 signal strength 70%)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to point the finger at the Accurate Recordng signals from Sutton Coldfield, but then i noticed you had Eggheads on a Manual Weekly timer.

Can you watch any of your recorded programmes OK? Can you record anything, do an Instant recording? Can you pause Live TV?

If it's not recognising the Hard disk, you will have trouble with the above, and would stop timer recording also. If it's an intermittent fault with the HDD, it mmay record some programmes.

Or, it could be a filesystem corruption on the disk, causing the box to "think" it's full. Filesystem corruption does happen occasionally on any box.

Or, it may be a simple reset to default settings may cure it.

If it was me, I would do both a reset to default settings, and a reformat in case of filesystem corruption, but that is belt & braces.

If you have recorded programmes unwatched, you may like to try the reset first to see if that cures it (you will have to reset all your timers & any user settings). If it does - good; if not, then try the reformat, which does wipe out all your existing recordings.

If both of these don't do it, and you exhibit any of the other symptoms I outlined first, then i would suspect the disk itself, and attempt a warranty return.

Post back if you need any help with any of this.

Rgds.

Les.