ITV2+1 now shows as ITV after 30th Sep retune.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
Forum Member
Has anyone else noticed that ITV2+1 has the title ITV (ITV1 is there as normal) or is it just my transmitter?

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    esseff wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that ITV2+1 has the title ITV (ITV1 is there as normal) or is it just my transmitter?

It's being picked up widely, I'm from Sutton Coldfield and it's the same on 4 seperate boxes. Arqiva screws up again :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    no I'm getting that as well, you will also have channel 27 with no channel id detected, this was the old ITV2+1, which I deleted

my transmitter info comes up as Yorkshire which I think is Emley Moor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    33 should be ITV2 + 1 but its showing ITV - note this has to be a error at their end as it affects all my units from varions Companies.

I am picking up from crystal palace so I reckon the error is all over the place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    33 should be ITV2 + 1 but its showing ITV - note this has to be a error at their end as it affects all my units from varions Companies.

I am picking up from crystal palace so I reckon the error is all over the place.

Mine's on Crystal Palace and 33 is showing as Eurosport, but there's no picture.

ITV4 is at 801, not at 24 as per the new listing guide from Freeview. 24 is showing price drop tv, but again no picture

This is after 2 rescans, it was all over the place after the first.
  • fiesatafiesata Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    33 should be ITV2 + 1 but its showing ITV

Have the same problem, channel 27 is there but station ID is blank and channel has no video or audio but EPG is poulated

We receive from Sutton Coldfield via a local relay - one thing has changed when tuning, it used to say Sutton Coldfield - now it says West Midlands is this generally the same?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    esseff wrote: »

No if you look at freeview web site this what it now labled, as LCN33 is different in Different ITV regions and there it labed ITV
  • tackycommenttackycomment Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I'm receiving from Sandy Heath and the Humax is the same here.

My Panasonic tv with inbuilt Freeview is all correct and my Pioneer dvd/hdd with built in Freeview is also all ok after rescan.

So its a Humax problem
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm receiving from Sandy Heath and the Humax is the same here.

My Panasonic tv with inbuilt Freeview is all correct and my Pioneer dvd/hdd with built in Freeview is also all ok after rescan.

So its a Humax problem

Did you delete all existing channels before doing the re-scan? Or did you do a Default setting?
  • tackycommenttackycomment Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »
    Did you delete all existing channels before doing the re-scan? Or did you do a Default setting?

No - are you supposed to?

Wont Default settings change everything including all your preferences etc?

I'll give it a go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »

I thought a rescan deleted all the old channels. Is that not the case ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schustdj wrote: »
    I thought a rescan deleted all the old channels. Is that not the case ?

A re-scan on a Hummy DOES NOT delete the old channels so deleting channels is always required before a re-scan. I have a small Humax telly which DOES delete channels before an auto scan but not before a manual scan. It would cause less confusion if Hummy worked like this, BUT IT DOESN'T.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll give it a go.

Yes you are.

A Default Setting will reset your preferences. Deleting channels before a re-scan won't affect preferences but will delete your recording schedule, as will a Default Setting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member

I'll give it a go.
    scanning for channels just adds new channels to the current list it doesn't replace the list

this is what I did and it worked perfectly
    WPP wrote: »
    I did the following for the retune
    1. deleted all the radio & tv channels as scanning for new channels will add to this list rather than replacing it and so may create duplicates - this has a side effect of clearing the scheduled recording list as well
    2. auto searched all channels and saved them
    3. turned the box off to clear the current EPG - I also power cycled the box but this probably wasn't necessary
    4. turned the box on and let the EPG populate
    5. recreated my favourites groups
    6. recreated my scheduled recording list from the EPG
    7. deleted the TOPUPTV channels along with QVC, BID yadda yadda - I never watch them, they add to EPG population time and they get searched when I'm looking for programmes

didn't have any problems apart from remembering what my scheduled records were

post rescan I've found the following

channel 27 which was the original ITV2+1 is still picked up so I deleted it
    ITV2+1 is described as ITV and is on channel 33
    blow me if Quest isn't transmitting TV programmes, they haven't managed an EPG yet though

quest are now transmitting an EPG and I know the ITV channel is really ITV2+1 so I'm happy