Tyler James The Unlikely Lad Debut Album

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
Forum Member
Hey,
Just in case some of you didn’t know you can download Tyler James Debut Album= The Unlikely Lad on both iTunes and Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Unlikely-Lad/dp/B001M05C9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338728073&sr=8-1

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/the-unlikely-lad-uk-edition/id78883743

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I would download it..but I already own it. It's a good album :)
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I brought it a few days ago and its a very decent album. :) My favourite songs are Foolish, Why Do I Do and Drunk All Night. :)
    Forum Member
    I really don't understand why he does not mention that people can buy it himself. I am pretty sure if he tweeted some of his followers who don't own the album would buy it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Universal will reissue it? They uploaded the videos to his Vevo account a few weeks ago....
    Forum Member
    Yea that didn't seem a bit greedy of them, but if i was him, i would want my new fans to hear an album that all me, so they can really hear his voice. Maybe he just wants a fresh start,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the album. If only he could've done something in a similar style on the show, I think he would've changed some opinions.
  • kazzabeeekazzabeee Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloaded it this afternoon and happily listening to it. Also downloaded Bo Bruce's EP. Somehow don't think I'll be doing the same with Leanne.

Tyler James is one very talented dude.
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the album. If only he could've done something in a similar style on the show, I think he would've changed some opinions.

I told him to sing one of his own songs, but i think he gets two many tweets, so didn't see it. Foolish would of been a better choice than omg
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if there's a studio version of 'my time"? I have the acoustic one.
    Forum Member
    girlconer wrote: »
    I told him to sing one of his own songs, but i think he gets two many tweets, so didn't see it. Foolish would of been a better choice than omg

Most of the album would've been better! Such a shame :/
    Forum Member
    As ong as he stays far far far FAR away From Will.I.Am...He should be fine, and telling his owns fans about the ablbum being up for sale, migjt be useful lol:D
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's planning to work with Will.i.am, which is a worry as Will clearly was unable to recognise what songs suited his voice. I can only hope he's better at this with original song material...
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    He's planning to work with Will.i.am, which is a worry as Will clearly was unable to recognise what songs suited his voice. I can only hope he's better at this with original song material...

He need to work with with the people behind foolish
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Will will do good with him, he always allows Tylers input to come first, have to remember this is a huge chance for Tyler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    girlconer wrote: »
    He need to work with with the people behind foolish

He had some other writer collaborators, but I think he was also heavily involved in writing his own album.

Hes a songwriter and singer... (possibly a better songwriter than singer IMO)
    Forum Member
    Hopefully the show has given the confidence he needs to be able to write songs like that again.
    Forum Member
    heheh,i got Tyler's Fan pages on twitter to start tweeting abou the album, can i demand comminsion. :D
    Forum Member
    Shame its not having any impact on the chart (again)....Tha't life, that's what all the people say
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read an interview in which Tyler says he wants to move on from the album, it was 8 years ago. He seems fine with it not being dredged up again.

Pity tbh, as I think Why Do I do could become a big summer hit, its very catchy (I remember it the first time, it was played quite heavily on the radio). I also remember a DJ doing the chart countdown & hearing "In at 16, TYler James" and me thinking "Who the f**k is he??"
    Forum Member
    Just read an interview in which Tyler says he wants to move on from the album, it was 8 years ago. He seems fine with it not being dredged up again.

Pity tbh, as I think Why Do I do could become a big summer hit, its very catchy (I remember it the first time, it was played quite heavily on the radio). I also remember a DJ doing the chart countdown & hearing "In at 16, TYler James" and me thinking "Who the f**k is he??"

I agree a pity..promote a bit..use what little earnings he might get to producde his own music or contribute towards the what ever record company he signs for decide not to pay for, which means he can a little indpendcene
  • MistyBlueEyesMistyBlueEyes Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought it from itunes last week..... love it
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member

Maybe he should re-release the single?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he should re-release the single?

Doesnt seem like he wants to... also wondering if there'll be an issue with him trying to negotiate a recording contract with a single by another label being in the charts at the time? Dunno about these things.

Either way I think he's lost this opportunity at the mo, as the memory of the show will only be for a few weeks.

I hope he does well, I have serious reservations about him working with Will.i.am
    Forum Member
    Maybe we should just deport @iamwill back to america?
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Unlikely Lad is currently number 132 in the I-Tunes Album chart and still rising. :)

Edit - The album was re-added earlier today after being deleted a couple of days ago.