Sharon v Phil...

Comments

• valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    ALowsley wrote: »
    I wonder if the Shirley/Phil fans don't want sharon to get revenge on Phil because Shirley never got revenge on Phil when she vowed to take him down in 2012 and they don't want sharon to dump Phil cos it means Shirley is 2nd best when he goes running after her?

I'm no Shirley/Phil (dislike the man immensely)fan but I do like Shirley. I'm all for Sharon getting her revenge but would prefer it to be the gun or prison. Stealing always seems sort of grubby. I prefer honest, in your face revenge.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm torn on this. When she left in 2006 Sharon was furious about Dennis and very suspicious of Phil, I thought her last scenes with him were fantastic and it set up a great hook for her return. EE further upped the ante with that bloody hurricane Sharon trailer.

But in their wisdom TPTB brought her back broken and reliant on Phil and badly written and the Dennis reveal was great for one day then fizzled into nothing. Sharon of old would have kicked the shit out of Phil and I would have preferred something a more dramatic reaction rather than this. One that put him in hospital would have been great and given a Peggy return far more dramatic potential than all that bollocks with Karl last year.

Sadly the writing for Sharon and Phil has been sub par so a financial takedown is as good as we're going to get. Furthermore Phil committed no crime 're Dennis/Johnny and the police can't so anything 're the attack on Sharon as the perps have been deported.

So this is the best we'll get. And it's fairly obvious that she'll get caught as too many people know about it onscreen so there's more drama in it going wrong for her. It wouldnt surprise me if Phil caught Marcus the other day and has cottoned on.

I do hope she succeeds and does some physical and psychological damage,with some proper writing that properly references their history as it would be a nice little coda in the Watts/Mitchell mythology but I don't know if that's allowed in EE 2.0.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Shirley/Phil fans don't want sharon to get revenge on Phil because Shirley never got revenge on Phil when she vowed to take him down in 2012 and they don't want sharon to dump Phil cos it means Shirley is 2nd best when he goes running after her?

That's a strange way of looking at it. I prefer Shirley to Sharon as a character but I think she is better off without Phil after the way he treated her.

Sharon really doesn't deserve to rob Phil of everything he has worked for despite the bar attack that went wrong as she has been using him as a cash machine since she came back to Walford. In fact Phil is being very trusting offering to marry her knowing that she could then make a claim on his assets if they split.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do admit Phil does deserve to be taken down for a while at some stage it's about time, I just think it's going to be a bit shit she will dump him down the isle or something rubbish like that.

I still think Phil will clock on to what's happening and it will be reversed.

The problem is that Sharon can get unbearable to watch at times and viewers will turn on her again.
  • soapfan2005soapfan2005 Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she goes all out to get revenge and not have a last minute change of heart! I think it's really interesting what they are doing at the moment, showing Phil being really loving and caring towards Sharon, but still trying to keep her under his thumb by getting Roxy to keep and eye on her, whilst at the same time, he is being horrid to Shirley, reminding us what a horrible man he really is!

I'm not sure how it could happen, but it would be good if Sharon and Shirley team up to bring him down!
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bit of a weird view. Some fruitloop fans out there. :D
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Philth. My heart breaks for him and his murderer of a son being robbed of their fortune. At least Louise had the common sense to get as far away from him as possible once she saw what he was really like. Sharon loves Lola and Lexi and has a soft spot for Billy. They won't go broke unless the writers conveniently forget their ties to Sharon in order to give them yet another money problems storyline. Why hasn't Phil done anything to help them out? He put Lola and Billy through hell last year and let's not forget he and Shirley fleeced Roxy. She only got the money back so they could stitch Glenda up. Then there's runt of the litter Jay (not Mitchell) who Phil throws out of the house at regular intervals. Phil cares little about his family except when it suits him. They can't be used as an excuse for Sharon not to exact revenge when Phil barely cares about them himself.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was a "like" button for your post, Broken_Arrow.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wish there was a like button full stop. It would save a bit of time on here:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I'm no Shirley/Phil (dislike the man immensely)fan but I do like Shirley. I'm all for Sharon getting her revenge but would prefer it to be the gun or prison. Stealing always seems sort of grubby. I prefer honest, in your face revenge.

Id like Sharon to blow up the Arches. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ditto. :D
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I hope she destroys him and he is humbled and humiliated to high heavens. Then and only then should he be built back up as a sympathetic character like he was in the 90's. Phil is a cartoon joke these days and it's about time someone kicked him into touch. I'm tired of watching him bully and control the entire square. There is no better person to take him down than Den Watts' daughter.

I'm loving Letitia's soapy camp acting in this storyline. Her facial expressions are hilarious:D

Completely agree. It's taken this long - from BK through LN to DTC, but I finally like Sharon. I love Letitia Dean, but bloody hell that was a hard character to root for. Shows you what terrible writing can really do to a TV show.
    Forum Member

I wonder if Sharon's fans are so keen for her to be wealthy again that they're prepared to see her use blackmail and theft to achieve this. It's fine by me but this is much more Den or Phil's style....ruthless, manipulative and cold.
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Shirley too :). I wish she would stay away from Phil but from reading the tweets/facebook feedback, some Phil/Shirley fans hate the idea of Sharon doing this because it means Phil will go running after Shirley when Sharon exacts her revenge. Just theories :)
    haphash wrote: »
    That's a strange way of looking at it. I prefer Shirley to Sharon as a character but I think she is better off without Phil after the way he treated her.

Sharon really doesn't deserve to rob Phil of everything he has worked for despite the bar attack that went wrong as she has been using him as a cash machine since she came back to Walford. In fact Phil is being very trusting offering to marry her knowing that she could then make a claim on his assets if they split.
    I guess you're right that Sharon doesn't deserve to rob Phil but Phil has pretty much ruined her life. He was responsible for Dennis' death and the bar attack. In yesterday's episode, Sharon mentioned that she cannot fully forgive Phil for Dennis' death. Phil may be trusting to Sharon but she wants payback for all the vile things he did to her.
    I wonder if Sharon's fans are so keen for her to be wealthy again that they're prepared to see her use blackmail and theft to achieve this. It's fine by me but this is much more Den or Phil's style....ruthless, manipulative and cold.

Absolutely I'm keen for her to be wealthy and I do not mind her stealing Phil's money :D. I wouldn't want her blackmailing other people, but only want her to blackmail Phil :D. Yeah it is definitely Den's style but Sharon is Den Watts' daughter and she has learnt from him. She was even prepared to ruin Grant in 1995 ;)

Sharon is no saint but I do miss her tough personality. I think she may decide to humiliate him in public but decide it's better not to take his money. Ben Mitchell is due to return soon so she may feel really guilty.

PS: I'm happy for Phil and Shirley to get back together but if Phil goes after her as soon as Sharon dumps him, I will give up on Shirley.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    Id like Sharon to blow up the Arches. :D

With the angry tomato in it. :D:D
    Forum Member

Absolutely I'm keen for her to be wealthy and I do not mind her stealing Phil's money :D. I wouldn't want her blackmailing other people, but only want her to blackmail Phil :D. Yeah it is definitely Den's style but Sharon is Den Watts' daughter and she has learnt from him. She was even prepared to ruin Grant in 1995 ;)

She's blackmailing Marcus and knows that if Phil catches up with him that he's a dead man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the angry tomato in it. :D:D

I wouldn't go that far but I would love her to do something in a momentary lapse of rage.
  • declan_fitzpatrdeclan_fitzpatr Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    As soon as Sharon put on that black suit the other day I actually shouted watch out Phil Sharon watts is back... Egg head I hope she gets one over on Phil this is is Sharon I remember I think we'll she a surprise return from sam or grant Mitchell
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if she does, I would like that to be a line drawn under their relationship, with no chance of future reunions
  • declan_fitzpatrdeclan_fitzpatr Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    People on this forum need to understand Sharon doesn't need phil's money she wants to get revenge and her way of doing that is to leave him with nothing. Like he did to her
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My nerves are terrible, what with being in on Sharon's little revenge plot :( Just this morning I thought Phil had cornered me and was onto the plan, and he'd come for me because I'm now an accomplice in Sharon's scheming.

Long story short, I was out food shopping, getting a few midweek beercans in and some food to wash it down, and it turned out to be a potato not Phil Mitchell. Go figure.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure how it could happen, but it would be good if Sharon and Shirley team up to bring him down!

I really want this to happen. Phil has treated them both badly just in different ways. I would love Sharon and Shirley to team up they would have made a formidable duo, if only Phil didn't know about Mick!

I can't speak for others but I don't see it this way. I liked Phil and Shirley and they had potential to become an iconic couple imo but they have been subject to poor writing and s/ls.

I prefer Shirley character wise (when she isn't being bitter) to Sharon (although I am beginning to like Sharon a bit more) but that wouldn't stop me wanting Sharon to get some form of revenge on Phil. I don't want Phil to go to Shirley after, I like the character and don't want to see her become a doormat. I would only accept it if it was an equal partnership where Phil chose Shirley. Mostly I think she is better off without him or just keep them on friendly terms esp with Ben coming back too...

Back on the topic at hand, I think a lot of Sharon fans are wanting her to be on top again that they are willing to accept anything as long as she 'wins'. I don't believe that Sharon is entitled to all of Phil's businesses, she has been taking his money since they got back together anyway but I do want to see her end up with the Albert as her own bar and regain her independence. :) LD seemed disillusioned with Sharon before this and it really showed but you can see she is relishing the chance to bring Sharon back.

Just for the posters who like to berate me for mentioning Phil/Sharon or Shirley, the topic was raised prior to my post (as it usually is, but I seem to get the blame, sadly.:()
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Shirley will end up back with Phil
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    My nerves are terrible, what with being in on Sharon's little revenge plot :( Just this morning I thought Phil had cornered me and was onto the plan, and he'd come for me because I'm now an accomplice in Sharon's scheming.

Long story short, I was out food shopping, getting a few midweek beercans in and some food to wash it down, and it turned out to be a potato not Phil Mitchell. Go figure.

If only you had looked further in the fruit n veg aisle:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/234/4/7/angry_tomato_by_hartvig_art18-d47fuvy.png
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People on this forum need to understand Sharon doesn't need phil's money she wants to get revenge and her way of doing that is to leave him with nothing. Like he did to her

Why do you think she got with Phil in the first place? Financial security. Though she probably has enough money of her own now. It's more about revenge on the angry tomato yes..:D