Options

Foxsat hdr firmware/software

BarnageerghBarnageergh Posts: 43
Forum Member
Hi all,
Just after getting a foxsat hdr 500gb and the firmware/ software that's on it is dated as last been updated in 2011. The software version is HPRSFCI 1.00.17 and the Loader version is U 7.54 is this up to date or is there a newer version and where can I obtain it.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This would be better off in the Freesat recorders forum.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=199

You might get a more knowledgeable response there. :)

Anyway you could have a look here

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

Which seems to show a 1.00.28 version is available.

Ooopppss :blush:

That is for the Foxsat HD not the HDR. Seems the latest version on that website for the HDR is 1.00.21
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    This would be better off in the Freesat recorders forum.
    Agreed.
    http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freesat-hd

Which seems to show a 1.00.28 version is available.
    Careful that is a FOXSAT HD software version; the OP says he has an HDR and the latest version for that seems to be 1.00.21.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Careful that is a FOXSAT HD software version; the OP says he has an HDR and the latest version for that seems to be 1.00.21.
    Corrected my post while you were posting this. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will have a look there and maybe ask the same question over there.
    Thanks for the replies.
    QUOTE=chrisjr;77789870]This would be better off in the Freesat recorders forum.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=199

You might get a more knowledgeable response
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will have a look there and maybe ask the same question over there.
    Thanks for the replies.

Have a look at that Humax firmware website first. It is where I went to download the firmware for my Humax HDR Fox-T2 Freeview PVR.

There should be instructions for uploading the firmware to the machine on the website, or maybe included in the zip file download. But if it is similar to the Fox-T2 then you unzip the file and copy the .HDF file to a USB stick.

Turn the Humax off at the mains, plug the USB stick into the Humax then turn the Humax on and it should detect the upgrade and install it. Just a matter of watching it do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have a look at that Humax firmware website first. It is where I went to download the firmware for my Humax HDR Fox-T2 Freeview PVR.

There should be instructions for uploading the firmware to the machine on the website, or maybe included in the zip file download. But if it is similar to the Fox-T2 then you unzip the file and copy the .HDF file to a USB stick.

Turn the Humax off at the mains, plug the USB stick into the Humax then turn the Humax on and it should detect the upgrade and install it. Just a matter of watching it do it.

Had a look at the humax site and could find nothing for my box only the up to date ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a look at the humax site and could find nothing for my box only the up to date ones.

I meant the Humax online site linked to in my previous post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I meant the Humax online site linked to in my previous post.

Found it now thanks :)
    Is it easy to install without bricking the box as I am new to all this as I am coming from having a sky set-up and am not very tech savvy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found it now thanks :)
    Is it easy to install without bricking the box as I am new to all this as I am coming from having a sky set-up and am not very tech savvy.

If you unzip the download file (any current version of Windows or Mac OS can do that without any problems) you will find two files.

One is the software update file itself and one is a text file giving the instructions for doing it.

Provided you follow those instructions you should be OK. But there are no guarantees with anything and it is impossible (not to mention irresponsible) to say that it will never go wrong and brick the box. But that is very much the worst case scenario.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you unzip the download file (any current version of Windows or Mac OS can do that without any problems) you will find two files.

One is the software update file itself and one is a text file giving the instructions for doing it.

Provided you follow those instructions you should be OK. But there are no guarantees with anything and it is impossible (not to mention irresponsible) to say that it will never go wrong and brick the box. But that is very much the worst case scenario.

Sorry for asking a daft question but how do I unzip it ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for asking a daft question but how do I unzip it ?
    On Windows 8 swipe in from the right edge of the screen then tap Search. Or using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, then click Search. Enter File Explorer in the search box, then tap or click File Explorer in the results list.

On earlier versions of Windows click the Start button then on (My) Computer.

On a Mac open Finder

Then locate the zip file (assuming you can remember where you downloaded it to) and in Windows right click on it then select Extract All. On a Mac just double click on it.

You will then find a new folder with the same name as the zip file containing the upgrade and text instruction file.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On Windows 8 swipe in from the right edge of the screen then tap Search. Or using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, then click Search. Enter File Explorer in the search box, then tap or click File Explorer in the results list.

On earlier versions of Windows click the Start button then on (My) Computer.

On a Mac open Finder

Then locate the zip file (assuming you can remember where you downloaded it to) and in Windows right click on it then select Extract All. On a Mac just double click on it.

You will then find a new folder with the same name as the zip file containing the upgrade and text instruction file.
    That's great thanks will have a look on the computer when I get home,it's running windows 7.
    Thanks for all your help.