EE Tamwar tonight...

Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
Forum Member
Genuinely funny. He's a hard character to 'get' I admit, but that fabulously deadpan 'Yaaaayyy' moment was terrific!

Comments

• soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuinely funny. He's a hard character to 'get' I admit, but that fabulously deadpan 'Yaaaayyy' moment was terrific!

I have the same sense of humour as Tamwar, it is really hard to get some people find me really unfunny :D
  • londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Tamwar. He has some good one-liners. :)
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's utterly brilliant, I have to make sure I'm not drinking anything when he's on screen or somebody in the room is getting an unwanted shower :D:D
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    That was great, so funny in a really awkward way.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always loved Tamwar and his sense of humour, people say he is boring and lifeless but its part of his character and his witty one lines are hilarious. A shame Jane has taken to covering up murders these days as her and Tamwar's stand up story was really good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I've always liked Tamwar. Hope he never leaves
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tam is Hilarious
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    I'm another Tam fan - always have been. I think he is really funny and also there is depth there.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always been a Tamwar fan - I love his sense of humour - so deadpan!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I'm another Tam fan - always have been. I think he is really funny and also there is depth there.

I agree.
  • demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was nice of him to remember Zainab.

Is that the first time anyone's mentioned her since Shabnam came home, met Kush, got engaged, revealed she had a child 7 years ago and is pregnant again :confused:
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For understated, dry comedy, Tamwar is brilliant, and yes he comes out with some witty one-liners.

Much prefer him to Comedy Kim.
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    For understated, dry comedy, Tamwar is brilliant, and yes he comes out with some witty one-liners.

I love Tamwar. It's nice to see a character who embraces the absurdity of life.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was nice of him to remember Zainab.

Is that the first time anyone's mentioned her since Shabnam came home, met Kush, got engaged, revealed she had a child 7 years ago and is pregnant again :confused:
    :D I was thinking the same thing. Imagine how horrified she would be !
  • sexy_princesssexy_princess Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but that was utter sh*t. It was just awkward and not in a good way. It was so cringeworthy. The guy that 'plays' Tamwar is just dreadful too and is evidently just playing himself.

I wish he was axed but the BBC has to have their ethnic quota and why bother taking the time in creating decent ethnic minority characters portrayed by great actors when you can settle for less. Just lazy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member

lol!! it was funny
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but that was utter sh*t. It was just awkward and not in a good way. It was so cringeworthy. The guy that 'plays' Tamwar is just dreadful too and is evidently just playing himself.

I wish he was axed but the BBC has to have their ethnic quota and why bother taking the time in creating decent ethnic minority characters portrayed by great actors when you can settle for less. Just lazy.

Wow. Just wow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

After listening to Himesh Patel's podcasts, it's clear that, he is quite different from Tamwar.

Also, DTC is properly keeping Tamwar, because he realizes what a good character Tamwar is. I don't think that, it has anything to do with ethnicity.

I dislike it when people say that they want a character to be axed, because they don't like a character. Just because people don't like a character, it doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same.
  • sexy_princesssexy_princess Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After listening to Himesh Patel's podcasts, it's clear that, he is quite different from Tamwar.

Also, DTC is properly keeping Tamwar, because he realizes what a good character Tamwar is. I don't think that, it has anything to do with ethnicity.

I dislike it when people say that they want a character to be axed, because they don't like a character. Just because people don't like a character, it doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same.

I have no interest whatsoever of subjecting myself to listen to him any more than I have to, so I won't be able to judge your comment. However the guy cannot act. It's blindingly obvious, even given the amount of minimal airtime he gets.

Good character. No he's just there to tick the BBC's diversity box. Just like Fatboy.

I dislike it when people say I should be forgiving and have to put myself watching characters or actors I don't give two sh*ts about and rather they disappear. Just because people like a character, it doesn't mean that everyone else feels the same.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Tambo as the sardonic commentator. I keep watching for the Zainab return. Please EE get her back!