Satellite warranties

Comments

• rai unorai uno Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and why are ' The Listening Company ' phoning me on behalf of Sky.

I am registered with Sky NOT to recieve calls

come on sky team answer please

They did this to me last year, using Resource Handling Ltd.

I complained loud and long to BSkyB and to the Information Commissioners Office.

Result £20 voucher from Sky and a warning letter to them from ICO.

Keep up the pressure and do the same.
  • 18days18days Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just had a joker call me from systemguard asking for my sor code and account number within a minute of me picking up the phone. He had my correct phone number, however someone else's name & address.

It's a nuisance as i have started to receive a call from this company practically every other day for the past 2-3 weeks

http://www.systemguard.co.uk/index.htm

Their details matched the website, not sure if it is a totally dodgy site or not, but they definetely cold called me & i am a member of TPS.
  • DBCDBC Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18days wrote: »
    Ive just had a joker call me from systemguard asking for my sor code and account number within a minute of me picking up the phone. He had my correct phone number, however someone else's name & address.

It's a nuisance as i have started to receive a call from this company practically every other day for the past 2-3 weeks

http://www.systemguard.co.uk/index.htm

Their details matched the website, not sure if it is a totally dodgy site or not, but they definetely cold called me & i am a member of TPS.
    As you are TPS registered then make a complaint against this company. You can do it online, or via a paper form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just did that, got a reply already, however it appears to be a default answer. I cant be arsed to take itany further. The call is silent for about a minute before they speak, so i ticket that box.

Anyway, as this is a little off topic, i will not add anymore.

Dear Mr X

It would appear from your complaint that companies that use Power or Predictive Dialling equipment are calling you. A Power Dialler is an automated dialler which can store, access and automatically dial telephone numbers and a Predictive Dialler is an automated dialler which will adjust the rate at which it dials, and delivers answered calls automatically to match operator availability.

Some companies have not set their dialling rate correctly and this means that individuals are therefore receiving calls, which, on answering, "click" after a second, and then the line goes dead. There is an additional service "Silent Callguard" which permits you to register your telephone number in order to reduce these types of calls and if you wish to register with the service you should call 0870 4443969 or visit www.silentguard.co.uk .

I trust that the above information is of help to you.

Yours sincerely,

X

TPS Team Leader
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    rai uno wrote: »
    They did this to me last year, using Resource Handling Ltd.

I complained loud and long to BSkyB and to the Information Commissioners Office.

Result £20 voucher from Sky and a warning letter to them from ICO.

Keep up the pressure and do the same.

ok will do, even the gaffer who is a complaints manager with BT is baffled as registered with TPS

cant see them answering ( sky team )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    i currently work for a breakdown cover company in sussex, and i know the ins and outs of the company, we are only a small business, but i have been a cold call seller, and team leader, and am now doing, a more less sensitive job of networking the company (much better, believe me!).

obviously lots of people get blagged by these cowboys, and there are lots out there, i know many people who work for other comapnies who constantly lie and say they are from sky, or their cover was with them already. also i am not saying that they have never been used here, as they have, i know, ive even picked people up on it, when i was a team leader.

the data we get at our company, along with most, comes from data suppliers that sell lists of peoples names and addresses along with telephone numbers, now by rights a good reputable data supplier will offer for a charge to screen it all for TPS registered companies, which i believe all companies should no matter what.

let me claify that no company knows what sky box you currently have, or that you still have sky, let alone that your warranty has run out! i remember when i use to be a seller, i got people who moved out of that address over 5 years ago, i got people who said they have never had sky, and i got people telling me sky was never registered in their name but their partners, which sometimes they are not even married! so it goes to show that the data suppliers are also often at fault for providing incorrect/out of date/non TPS filtered information.

Like i said i know some companies like ourselves do lie, and often, so i am by no means saying it is all the data suppliers fault.
    but just remember its not always the company that rings you at fault, cold call are annoying for 99% of the population, but its legal, and when you give sellers between £5-£20 per sale dependent on what box, and how many years, of course sellers are going to lie, especially when no ones listening!

Just my two cents, especially as i work for one of these companies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ghettodude wrote: »
    i currently work for a breakdown cover company in sussex, and i know the ins and outs of the company, we are only a small business, but i have been a cold call seller, and team leader, and am now doing, a more less sensitive job of networking the company (much better, believe me!).

obviously lots of people get blagged by these cowboys, and there are lots out there, i know many people who work for other comapnies who constantly lie and say they are from sky, or their cover was with them already. also i am not saying that they have never been used here, as they have, i know, ive even picked people up on it, when i was a team leader.

the data we get at our company, along with most, comes from data suppliers that sell lists of peoples names and addresses along with telephone numbers, now by rights a good reputable data supplier will offer for a charge to screen it all for TPS registered companies, which i believe all companies should no matter what.

let me claify that no company knows what sky box you currently have, or that you still have sky, let alone that your warranty has run out! i remember when i use to be a seller, i got people who moved out of that address over 5 years ago, i got people who said they have never had sky, and i got people telling me sky was never registered in their name but their partners, which sometimes they are not even married! so it goes to show that the data suppliers are also often at fault for providing incorrect/out of date/non TPS filtered information.

Like i said i know some companies like ourselves do lie, and often, so i am by no means saying it is all the data suppliers fault.
    but just remember its not always the company that rings you at fault, cold call are annoying for 99% of the population, but its legal, and when you give sellers between £5-£20 per sale dependent on what box, and how many years, of course sellers are going to lie, especially when no ones listening!

Just my two cents, especially as i work for one of these companies.

Ok, so your company from time to time gets given incorrect info, but the main question is, has your company ever fixed someones faulty equipment at your own cost, that you have earned from your customers insurance fee's they are paying you ?

I'm already guessing the answer will be yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    You've got an HD TV haven't you?:)

They can take an educated guess...

Whenever you buy something in a store that comes with a warranty, insurance or some other form of registration, it's very important to tell the sales person that you do not want to be included in their marketing database. The system they are using will normally have a tick box so that they can opt you out of being marketed.

If you do not do this, many companies will include you in mailings and also pass your details to "associated" companies. Who knows where your info will end up?

You should also attempt to ensure that other members of your household (the kids) are doing the same.

Hope this helps.
  • rjmachinrjmachin Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a call from a Satellite warranty company yesterday.

I can't remember the name, definately not Sky themselves, I just tried to get rid of them straight away repeatedly saying "I am not interested" etc.

They tried with another line saying they have a special offer for the first year, but when I said "I am not interested" again, they just hung up the phone.

I was polite and such, but when they hung up, I thought charming, no good bye, no thanks for listening etc.

Well, at least it got rid of them :)
  • plattyplatty Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just had someone on the phone saying my warranty was up on my HD box (which i've had since May'06 ) , they said they were from some place or other , i couldnt make out the name cos the line went funny at that particular moment ( very convenient ) any way, the woman said that if i didnt take out a warranty then it would cost me £150 if it went bust....i then said i'm not interested thanks, she said why ? are you willing to pay £150 , again i said i'm not interested , in the mean time i could tell she was getting stroppy so i just put the phone down.....

Its just a warning to people that it looks like the calls are starting again !!!!
    Forum Member
    18days wrote: »
    Ok, so your company from time to time gets given incorrect info, but the main question is, has your company ever fixed someones faulty equipment at your own cost, that you have earned from your customers insurance fee's they are paying you ?

I'm already guessing the answer will be yes.

Yes we do, we use independent engineers, unlike some companies i know ring up sky and pretend to be the customer, and pay skys one of fee of £65 for a repair, but its still not right as they ring up pretending to be the customer!
    Forum Member
    to be honest i left my job recently, and i feel so much better for doing so, not only because i was bored, but i didnt agree with the business ethics even working for one of the more reputable and honest companies, because to be honest people are constantly rude on the phone, and why? because everytime you say "not interested" thats a "just lost £5-£15 commission" in their heads.

also the fact that i hate receving cold sales calls myself...had to do something you dont like receiving!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think any job where most of the wage is commission based brings out the worst in people. They have to be ruthless just to get a living wage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am having a nightmare for the last week i must have received 20-30 calls over the weekend and at least 10 today. All from about three companies trying to flog their warranty. to begin with i was nice but now i'm FUMING!

One of the companies that has annoyed me the most and i have the number for, still rings me even though i have asked to be removed from any list as i don't intend to buy anything so they are just wasting their time and if the persist i will take it further etc.

Now what has made me come on here to plead for help is in the last hour they have rung three times. the first time i asked for manager etc but they hung up. when i told them in the second call that i was angry and what they were doing was basically harrasment, he again hung up. i hadn't even put the phone down when he rung again and laughed down the phone at me before hanging up!

WHAT CAN I DO? is there anyone other than TPS that i can speak to about this. It has to stop!
  • Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a phone call from these people about two weeks ago,
    I have caller display and ACR (Anon caller reject) so I phoned them back on the number transmitted
    and spoke very nicely to a young lady.
    Not yelling at her, I asked her to tell who ever it was that included my phone number that I am on the TPS
    and would they remove my number forthwith.
    She said she was looking at her computer and sure enough it has no calls next to my name and that she would see to it right away, I thanked her and hung up.
    Fast forward two weeks and in the post.............
    You've guessed right, one of those send us your details and we'll give you cover.
    My solution this time was to remove my name and address from the letter and stick it back in their envelope,
    and, as it was a pre-paid first class, promptly sent it back to them.
    After all, it belongs to them.
    Might I suggest we all do the same?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I have recieved a letter from a compay called a company called Digital Satellite Warranty Cover LTD, saying that my Sky Digital System warranty is due to expire, since i have heard about fake companys, is this company a real one, i have had a couple of phone calls from them aswell asking me to renew,

The thing is that i have 2 sky boxs (multiroom) the 1st box i have hard for about 7/8 years can't remember the exact year, and the 2nd box was only installed last christmas, so do i have to pay out for both boxs or just one, does my 2nd box not have a warranty on it.

Hope i have explained it properly.

Steven

PS the address of the company is Digital Satellite Warranty Cover Ltd, Unit 5, Capitol Trading Park, Kirkby Bank Road, Kirkby, Merseyside L33 7SY, the company Registration No: 05986843 Vat No 899951238, I also have there phone and fax no
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zerouk wrote: »
    I have recieved a letter from a compay called a company called Digital Satellite Warranty Cover LTD, saying that my Sky Digital System warranty is due to expire, since i have heard about fake companys, is this company a real one, i have had a couple of phone calls from them aswell asking me to renew,

The thing is that i have 2 sky boxs (multiroom) the 1st box i have hard for about 7/8 years can't remember the exact year, and the 2nd box was only installed last christmas, so do i have to pay out for both boxs or just one, does my 2nd box not have a warranty on it.

Hope i have explained it properly.

Steven

PS the address of the company is Digital Satellite Warranty Cover Ltd, Unit 5, Capitol Trading Park, Kirkby Bank Road, Kirkby, Merseyside L33 7SY, the company Registration No: 05986843 Vat No 899951238, I also have there phone and fax no
    DON'T TOUCH 'EM WITH A BARGE POLE:eek:
    See post#67 above;)
    Forum Member
    DON'T TOUCH 'EM WITH A BARGE POLE

thanks for that information, i thought it was a bit strange, i take it its just another fake company
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for that information, i thought it was a bit strange, i take it its just another fake company

Highwaymen more like!!
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is not a fake company - merely one using false pretences to sign you up to an insurance policy that is valid although overpriced for what it is.
  • maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    The only thing that'd get me to sign up to the officially sanctioned D&G Sky warranty is if they could guarantee a same or next day service.
    Forum Member
    Okey thanks alot everyone
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got one of these rubbish letters today From This Bunch of Sharks(The One On The capitol Trading Park,Kirby ) saying That My Boxes Guarantee was due to run Out ,Impossible As I've Had The Same Box Since 2003.why do Sky Give Thse Conmen Our Details?
This discussion has been closed.