Options

Sky News Press Preview

John_TraynorJohn_Traynor Posts: 268
Forum Member
It is only ever worth watching the one at 11.30pm and then only if Anna Botting is on with the professional Northerner bloke from the Mirror and the funny little Daily Mail Tory boy. :)

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the fact tv news shows have to fill by looking at newspapers it is lazy journalism they should be using their own reporters to find stories not picking up newspapers and reading them to the public.

Are newspapers the only product that get total free publicity on tv programmes all day?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I hate the fact tv news shows have to fill by looking at newspapers it is lazy journalism they should be using their own reporters to find stories not picking up newspapers and reading them to the public.

Are newspapers the only product that get total free publicity on tv programmes all day?

I think the point is that they discuss the stories. Surely, it is better to have discussion of news rather than always looking for some bogus exclusive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the point is that they discuss the stories. Surely, it is better to have discussion of news rather than always looking for some bogus exclusive.

No better to read the news and tell us what is happening not what someone printed in the papers a few hours ago or last night.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they do discuss and generally expand upon the stores, especially when Sky News have booked guests who know about, or have a journalistic interest in the stories.

BTW, Wednesdays are usually pretty good fun as well - Ian Dale and either Jacqui Smith or Zoe Williams. And Ben Fenton from the FT can be very informative as well (he was on last night).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes the usually tell us that the Daily Express has gone loopy over the weather, the Daily Mail has decided we are all going to die of some major disease or that some girl's got her tatts out on Big Brother in the Daily Star.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    the only reason I watch that wretched channel is for the paper reviews and the hope that the witty Sam Delaney is on, most of the time though it's that really annoying Northern woman who looks like a lap dancer and talks a load of shite, along with that 'fitness instructor'. :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Yes the usually tell us that the Daily Express has gone loopy over the weather, the Daily Mail has decided we are all going to die of some major disease or that some girl's got her tatts out on Big Brother in the Daily Star.

In fact, they don't often feature stories from the Daily Star, only via the front page headlines (if then).

And they do tend of highlight the various fixations of the Express and the Mail (as they did last night with the Express's "Winter Blast" story).

In amongst that, there is plenty of mature (and sometimes not so mature ;)) discussion around other more serious headlines and inside stories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »
    the only reason I watch that wretched channel is for the paper reviews and the hope that the witty Sam Delaney is on, most of the time though it's that really annoying Northern woman who looks like a lap dancer and talks a load of shite, along with that 'fitness instructor'. :yawn:

Are you sure that's the same show? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    It is only ever worth watching the one at 11.30pm and then only if Anna Botting is on with the professional Northerner bloke from the Mirror and the funny little Daily Mail Tory boy. :)

...and the professional southerner Toryboy from the Daily Mail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure that's the same show? :)

Sounds like the poster is referring to the Press Review in the mornings on Sunrise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Sounds like the poster is referring to the Press Review in the mornings on Sunrise.

Ah.

I don't watch that one - it's too fluffy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah.

I don't watch that one - it's too fluffy.
    Yes, it wasn't too bad when they used to have one reviewer (as long as that reviewer was not some half-hearted celebrity), but it went rapidly downhill when they went to two reviewers.

The late night preview is far better, plus there's no Eamonn Holmes. ;)
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they do three segmants of the same press preview. I agree, the 23.30 (part three) is the best part where they enter a discussion and the presenters (whoever, no prefreance) get more involved with the jounalists.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Maguire and Pierce are a great double act

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0e7IE0Zfuw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I don't understand why they do three segmants of the same press preview. I agree, the 23.30 (part three) is the best part where they enter a discussion and the presenters (whoever, no prefreance) get more involved with the jounalists.

Yes, the one at 9.30 is a waste of time as no papers are ready and they just end up looking at websites.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed - the 2130 one features the i and if you're lucky The Independent which must go to press incredibly early. It amuses me how, on a big night of football, the presenter complains the papers are late ! They would do better to have the first one at 2230.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Maguire and Pierce are a great double act

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0e7IE0Zfuw

Agreed..love it when Kevin winds Tory Boy Andrew up:D
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed..love it when Kevin winds Tory Boy Andrew up:D

Mind you Tory Boy can wind Maguire up as well
  • Options
    hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watch when neev is on, she is hot
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My main complaint is that they keep using the same Guests who cannot string a sentence together without UMMM & ERRR.

At least one does that between every other word.
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    lil lexie wrote: »

I can't for the life of me work out why that fitness instructor is often on Sky News to discuss the news.

Does he train famous people and garner amazing insights from them?

Or does he just tick a PC box?
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Those two are good, but it's best when the tasty Rownenna Davis is the lefty representative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Those two are good, but it's best when the tasty Rownenna Davis is the lefty representative.

Or, Julia Hartley-Brewer is the right representitive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hotguy25 wrote: »
    watch when neev is on, she is hot

She is indeed. :):)
  • Options
    37 Years37 Years Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do Sky News only have half a dozen people to ask to do the press preview ?

Jacqui Smiith is on AGAIN !!!!

She's always on it seems and who exactly is she meant to be these days anyway ?
This discussion has been closed.