Cars playing music loud

Comments

• rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ulfgeirr wrote: »
    When I'm alone in the car I tend to play music fairly loudly, although I almost always have the windows shut.

I have received some dirty looks due to the bass. :o:D

:rolleyes:ooohh naughty you :rolleyes:
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like it loud! you can't listen to quiet Rock.....

However, after seeing a car pull away from traffic lights at a T junction a couple of years ago straight into the path of a police car on blue lights because his music was so loud he didn't hear the siren, I always turn it down when negotiating junctions etc!!
  • SamMcKSamMcK Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me and the family are off to Devon for a week tomorrow and the trips quite long so I have purchased 'best of' Cd's of David Bowie, Prince and Elvis Costello particularly for the car journey!
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me. Why do these people think that we want to hear their music collections? And it is dangerous, you can't hear other vehicles or your own and then there's the fiddling with the radio/music player to tune it, change CDs/tracks etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Why not
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nearly always offensive, sweary rap, with a little dipstick behind the wheel under the false impression that it somehow makes him big and clever.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other day someone drove past me with Fast car - Tracey Chapman on full blast. See it's not all bad!
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    The other day someone drove past me with Fast car - Tracey Chapman on full blast. See it's not all bad!

lol at "fast car". The song itself is pretty boring though. I mean, I appreciate the artistry behind it or whatever, but I never want to listen to it, especially in a car. Doesn't really get the adrenaline pumping.
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    lol at "fast car". The song itself is pretty boring though. I mean, I appreciate the artistry behind it or whatever, but I never want to listen to it, especially in a car. Doesn't really get the adrenaline pumping.

Well at least they're being original, I've never heard it booming out of a car before have you? :D
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    Well at least they're being original, I've never heard it booming out of a car before have you? :D

lol no. At least it shows they've got a sense of humour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard at least 6 cars with their music blasting out loud today!

A BMW sped past playing Nicki Minaj - Starships, a Vauxhall Corsa playing Phats & Small - Turn Around, and a few others that were the usual rap/ hip-hop or drum and bass!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beautiful mate, beautiful

Don't forget Sash! - Ecuador though :p

Haha! Mate I was playing that track the other evening, it's a great tune!

I also love Encore Une Fois as well by Sash! Another great summer tune! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always get smirked at when I play older songs loud, isn't it fine to play older music? I was in Sittingbourne the other night playing Gala - Freed from Desire, and I got stared at? I love the song!

My mum always plays her Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi and Rock albums loud in her car, what's the problem with the age of the music?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it. I listen to music at a reasonable volume and when some tosser with crap on at full blast is waiting next to me in traffic, I have to either roll up my windows and suffer the heat or turn mine off and listen to theirs until they move off. Inconsiderate :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deep House sounds so good full blast on a summer day!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There really needs to be a proper law brought in about this as it can be very dangerous as mentioned.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    There really needs to be a proper law brought in about this as it can be very dangerous as mentioned.

No more dangerous than driving an audi at 120 or old people driving, how about women who cant park or see kids outside schools due to there wannabe wag mobiles.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a car blasting out Disclosure - White Noise today :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    No more dangerous than driving an audi at 120 or old people driving, how about women who cant park or see kids outside schools due to there wannabe wag mobiles.

From my experience, males are worse than females at driving.
  • ShimanoShimano Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Live and let live - cars are generally moving so it's only a temporary annoyance (at best) unless they're parked outside your house at 11pm blasting it out of course.
    Too many cry babies think that their way is the only way, if I have my car window open and the music is on people will hear it. Not deliberately to annoy, not stupid loud, but they will hear it.
  • Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the tune that is being played.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From my experience, males are worse than females at driving.

It's not just your experience, the stats back it up too. But I'm sure "homer" won't let facts get in the way of ignorance.
  • Kat_12Kat_12 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »

Old people driving aren't dangerous unless
    a) they've always been crap drivers
    b) they're actually going or are blind/deaf/senile

Otherwise, it's just ageist fools who think they're dangerous.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard a car blasting out Disclosure - White Noise today :p

I hope you shot the culprit an evil look
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was listening to something unusual in the car the other week and a car pulled of next to me with four young guys, they found my choice hilarious and started doing a dance.
    Quite enjoyed that even though they were taking the p*ss :D

Nice to hear good music in cars it's mostly just olly murs and that though when I hear car music :p