IOS7 beta 2

13»

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Anyone found many apps so far that don't work with the iOS 7 beta?

Several have been problematic for me, eg. Journey Pro, Podcasts and Ebay.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Music doesn't get stored in the backup other than any purchases from iTunes. I gather you didn't sync them back when you restored back to iOS6?
    At least your up and running now.

I never know what I do with most of the music since I have so much of it :)

I'll give this a day or two of full use before deciding if I go back to 6.1.3 - I most likely will to be fair, but I'm happy to fart around with 7 for now just to see what you can do with it.

I tried the head movement recognition thing but couldn't get that going unfortunately - not through want of moving my head all over the shop.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish you hadn't said that ;)

This is interesting though - it claims that many people testing Beta 2 have almost doubled their battery life.

http://www.stableytimes.com/news/ios-7-beta-2-download-ipad-amazing-iphone-battery-life-siris-a-man/8142/

I'm tempted to try it now, but I suspect it'll only be a few weeks before Beta 3 ..

doubled? really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doubled? really?

according to that link, yeah. I haven't really had a chance ot verify the claim myself.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Improved? - Yes.
    Doubled? - I'm doubtful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this has to go back to 6.1.3 earlier than expected. When I crashed out last night, I decided to use this 'rain simulator' app I have to try and help me get off to sleep. got that all set up and running, and also set an alarm and that was that.

got up this morning to find that the phone was completely locked up. pressed the power button to wake it up and nothing happened - couldn't swipe in any direction. couldn't even swipe to power off.

just put it in my desktop cradle to charge up and tried it another couple of times and it randomly rebooted itself and decided to work properly again !.

not going to keep it after that though - will probably wait for another couple of betas before trying again.
  • dagidagi Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I wish you hadn't said that ;)

This is interesting though - it claims that many people testing Beta 2 have almost doubled their battery life.

http://www.stableytimes.com/news/ios-7-beta-2-download-ipad-amazing-iphone-battery-life-siris-a-man/8142/

I'm tempted to try it now, but I suspect it'll only be a few weeks before Beta 3 ..

Is this improvement in comparison to the previous beta version or iOS6?
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member

got up this morning to find that the phone was completely locked up. pressed the power button to wake it up and nothing happened - couldn't swipe in any direction. couldn't even swipe to power off.

I assume you tried a hard reset (power and home buttons together). I haven't had a crash on Beta 2 that wouldn't respond to that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    I assume you tried a hard reset (power and home buttons together). I haven't had a crash on Beta 2 that wouldn't respond to that

I didn't think to try that actually, but then I'm back on 6.1.3 now already so bit too late!

I can always try the next beta I suppose
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the word is that Beta 3 will be released next monday to keep with the two week release cycle that they started.