Forum Member
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Death please.

Poll please.
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always found Will & Grace funnier. Friends is more of a show where I might smile or titter a little bit rather than laugh out loud.
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    I completely agree with your thinking on Will and Grace intoxication. I have the Will and Grace boxset and I find Seasons 1-4 are consistent and much better than any series of Friends for me. That said, Friends made it 10 seasons without what felt like a 'serious' change in quality, while Will and Grace there is a very noticeable change in quality when the writers change Season 5+ - they're still enjoyable and sometimes even knock it out of the park but not quite as often as its 'glory days'.

I think Will and Grace is better, but it has been a while since I sat through Friends from the beginning and that might sway things!

I disagree with the bit bold - series 1 to 4 of Friends was superbly written and generally well acted. The second the first episode of series 5 hit, I saw an immediate decline in both. Something seemed to go horribly wrong from the London episodes onwards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will & Grace. Actually I prefer Jack & Karen. Why didn't they ever have their own series?

On the finale of Will and Grace, Jack and Karen were in the bath tub joking about how they were just the 'supporting cast on the will and grace show' and how that they didnt have enough heart. I read somewhere a while back that it was thought of to have a spinoff, but the results of 'Joey' was a deciding factor not to go ahead with that. I think its a shame really,

As much as I like shows like Whitney and 2 Broke Girls, they dont have a lot of heart, and are pretty damn good. So I dont think having alot of heart and sentimentality is needed. I think at least a pilot should of been ordered. A lost opportunity imo.
    I've always found Will & Grace funnier. Friends is more of a show where I might smile or titter a little bit rather than laugh out loud.

Have to agree, have to say I laugh less at the later seasons on W&G, but on the whole, Friends just didnt pop for me. I think maybe its got 6 more bland characters, but W&G has 4 stronger characters. Especially when you take Karen into the mix. In a sitcom-off, Friends should be half-conscious on the side of the road waiting for death (forgive me for my harsh tone)
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Friends all the way but I like Will and Grace as well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen Walker sh#ts on Friends.

That chick was fab x
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will & Grace (the show) purely for the character of Karen Walker who is (imo) the funniest sitcom character ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsOrin wrote: »
    Karen Walker sh#ts on Friends.

That chick was fab x

Amen to that! Dont really talk to anyone who likes W&G, so its damn refreshing to hear some other fans of the show.

At the start Will and Grace started out good, and it was a good concept, but I dont think that just them and some mediocre suportting cast would helped the show go on as long as they did. Jack and Karen really helped the show so much and added what would of been lacking if they werent there. On the whole they got the perfect mix imo.

And have to add, that the scenes with Beverly Leslie were great. Its like, the scene would be going in certain direction, and you wouldnt expect him to come out (so to speak!) Funniness ensures.

The mini arguments that Karen had with Rosario were a good staple, they would just stop and realise how much they meant together. A great mixture of comedy and heart.

A favoutie scene of mine... getting money from the ATM...

Its a youtube link, might not be work OK link, depending on your work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc_rqRQTryw

One of my faves from the show.
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really couldn't stand Will and Grace. All the characters just came across as absolute arseholes. Not fun to watch.
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will and Grace i'd glady watch repeats of. Friends has me rushing for the off switch every time.
  • Options
    L_BeeL_Bee Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    JMTD wrote: »
    Friends is one of the greatest comedies of all time and a good argument could actually be made for it being the greatest (Not the greatest for me personally, but certainly one of the best).

Will and Grace, while not my cup of tea, is a decent to good show, not really even close to the league of comedies such as Friends IMO. Friends was a comedy that is historic, set the bar, introduced more important characters and ultimately you could say it was more relatable too. Friends had a massive impact, which you cant really say about Will and Grace.

How can you say W&G did not have a massive impact? It transformed the way LGBT characters are represented on TV and did so in a laugh out laud, outrageously funny manner.

The ensemble cast is one of the best in comedy history and the chemistry between them all was standout.

The only downside you could say was it was a lot of slap stick at times instead of substance, but it you're looking for 20 mins of LOL funny then W&G clearly wins every time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    :) I loved Will & Grace more than Friends. One of the funniest and best US sitcoms this show was so good!! The main cast brought exciting chemistry together on screen. Eric McCormack and Debra Messing created two wonderful characters that audiences could love on so many levels. It is called "Will & Grace" but Jack & Karen often end up stealing the show. Whether they are both playing off of each other, making fun of Will & Grace, or just being their wacky selves, Sean Hayes & Megan Mullally play them both with amazing comedic timing and wit. :D All four actors are hilarious in their own right, however, and they all have great chemistry together.
  • Options
    Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't choose!
  • Options
    Tush_91Tush_91 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Will and grace is awful, definitely friends.