Big Brother Australia 2014

Comments

• RenThrayskRenThraysk Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starry wrote: »
    The cast is way better, CH5 forgot that many of the audience actually want people they can relate to rather than just boo. However they do recycle some stuff and used to have live feed in the past. So it has got cheaper like the British version but it is at least more positive, I can't imagine them ever doing vote to evict. Even before the last 2 series they liked to have a vote to save element.

I don't get the impression most Australians prefer the British version, particularly what it has turned into.

Talking to a bunch of Australians earlier in the week, and they definitely prefer the British version as it's more adult. They keep referring to Australia for kiddies, due to the early timeslot it has over there.
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RenThraysk wrote: »
    Talking to a bunch of Australians earlier in the week, and they definitely prefer the British version as it's more adult. They keep referring to Australia for kiddies, due to the early timeslot it has over there.

I think part of the attraction of watching a big brother from another country is that you are observing a different culture from your own. It's fascinating to an outside observer. There is no way BBUK is a match for BBAU. It's not even close. The early years of BBUK, maybe, but today's format is utter trash in comparison.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm even more excited for BB Aus now that I seem to be reaching the end of the line with BB UK this year. Shouldn't be long now, even though we don't have a date yet. :)
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On a superficial level because there can be a lot of swearing some might think it is more adult. But it's actually more the opposite. More immature teens love the swearing, love all the dull sex talk and like the empty pantomime abuse. After all pantomimes are for young kids aren't they?
  • pigeonsinflightpigeonsinflight Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait cannot wait cannot wait :D.... sighs ours has been hard work so far, and feels like it's been on for months already ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest rumour is that it starts some time in September.
  • PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Latest rumour is that it starts some time in September.

But that's ages away! :(

*sigh*
  • happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    i thought it was starting around 13th August

http://bigbrotheraustralia.tv/366/bbau-2014-launch-date-leaked/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    i thought it was starting around 13th August

http://bigbrotheraustralia.tv/366/bbau-2014-launch-date-leaked/

Seems not, Channel 9 have another reality TV show 'The Block' to air first apparently.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone here seen pre-cancellation BB Australia? I've been watching BB Aus 2007 on Youtube recently, I'm only up to around Week 5, but it's not nice knowing that Emma's minion Aleisha wins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems not, Channel 9 have another reality TV show 'The Block' to air first apparently.

I like The Block and BBAUS, so much to look forward too. It almost makes up for BBUK being so dire this year. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emily66 wrote: »
    I like The Block and BBAUS, so much to look forward too. It almost makes up for BBUK being so dire this year. :)

BLOCKaholics, you're the first to know... We're back Sunday July 27 at 6.30pm on @Channel9 with #TheBlock Glasshouse! http://pic.twitter.com/s5BVzvzvy1
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone here seen pre-cancellation BB Australia? I've been watching BB Aus 2007 on Youtube recently, I'm only up to around Week 5, but it's not nice knowing that Emma's minion Aleisha wins.

I watched 7 and 8 and loved both. Maybe it's better to put some things in spoilers in case somebody wants to watch an earlier series.

I actually didn't mind Emma that much, she wasn't two faced and was honest if lacking tolerance, she just didn't get along with some and it was her choice to choose her friends I guess. I disliked some of the new HMs who entered more. And the use of vote to save and the lack of the whole pantomime booing and villain stuff was good too. People aren't perfect and some won't get on but I liked the mix of people. I didn't think it was hyped up as nasty and I wouldn't say Emma was a manipulating influence either. In some ways she was an outsider just like the individualistic characters she didn't get on with. When I saw the show I thought there was some comparison to Sophie winning, you may see this more as it goes on. The difference however was that Lisa was a very controlling and dominant influence while there. And I liked the winner, better than the alternative. Though I thought Sophie was certainly better than Siavash too I suppose, it's just that I preferred Marcus more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    House still looking like a building site.

https://www.facebook.com/BigBrotherAU/posts/830493843636748
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With our series being hugely disappointing, I'm really waiting for the Aussie series, hurry up :(
  • QueenPixieQueenPixie Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully we get a Tully this season.. we need a hot mess
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tully :D I loved her banging the door when Heidi left saying "Why?" hahaha
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    September 8th confirmed launch date :D
  • celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    richie4eva wrote: »

Thanks richie :)
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Ben / Tahan / Tim / Mikkayla last year.

Hated Jade and Ed. Urggh

The problem though IMO with Aus BB is I do think the series drags near the end. I got a bit fed up with it.
  • PinkminxyPinkminxy Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »

So far away yet...and we'll be away on holiday! :( So I'll have a lot of catching up to do when i get back.

Thanks for the info :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8th September hasn't been confirmed... and looks like it's not going to the start date.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No start date has been announced yet, but we'll keep you posted as soon as there is! #BBAU

:blush: