Options

Australian BB makes British BB look like a Poundshop effort!

Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
Forum Member
✭✭
I started watching it yesterday, and my god they know how to put on a good show, their house is a like a mansion, makes our look lie a tent from Lidl, the twists are already brilliant, Far more professional and well thought out, not like our numpty show. My only gripe and not a big one is that some of the contestants look like they have had a couple of bags of wizz and coke but I put that down to just being excited to be on the sow. I urge you to try watching it, much better than ours, also if you are a producer on our show, watch it a well, you may learn something!:D

Comments

• Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    The house/mates and the production side of the show is much better than BBUK,however
    they have let themselves down by treating BB as a soap with no twitter/clips/facebook/livefeed updates at all
    I do like the way that BB remains firmly in control and rule breakers really are punished
    but the show goes out pre-watershed most of the time and so the content is watered down.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Is there a link to be able to watch the show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a link to be able to watch the show?

I watch it on You Tube, just typed in Australian Big Brother 2014 works for me, also no ad breaks.:D
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    British BB is a Poundshop effort, its on Channel 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    British BB is a Poundshop effort, its on Channel 5.

You can tell that by just looking at the difference in their house to ours! Way more money invested in their show.:D
  • Options
    Philip_ClarkePhilip_Clarke Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do hey do a celeb version.

mind you, would I know anyone?
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    I watch it on You Tube, just typed in Australian Big Brother 2014 works for me, also no ad breaks.:D

• Options
    Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree the house is brilliant housemates would not mind staying there for 10 weeks.
    After the train 🚄 wreck aka big brother 15 its refreshing to see people actually having fun.
    I was worried when they mentioned the word "immunity" I thought here we go again but I needn't have worried.
    Highly recommended
  • Options
    rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happybbfan wrote: »
    The house/mates and the production side of the show is much better than BBUK,however
    they have let themselves down by treating BB as a soap with no twitter/clips/facebook/livefeed updates at all
    I do like the way that BB remains firmly in control and rule breakers really are punished
    but the show goes out pre-watershed most of the time and so the content is watered down.

The only thing missing from the show is a 24 hour Live feed, it is like watching an early version of our BB with real people for HMs, and no wannabe Z-listers, the house is a lot better as is the production.

I personally don't care if they don't do twitter or facebook as I don't ether, and as the show is pre watershed there is no effing and jeffing, which in a way is refreshing after our last BB, the show is already off to a good start and is worth watching, so if you are a fan of BB give it a look and make your own mind up :).....
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    They do even more manipulation than the UK version though.

The way they responded to Jason's "coming out" story was pretty disgustingly manipulative:
    http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2014/09/big-brother-silences-family-response-jasons-coming-story/
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The way they responded to Jason's "coming out" story was pretty disgustingly manipulative:
    http://www.behindbigbrother.com/2014/09/big-brother-silences-family-response-jasons-coming-story/
    The grass is always greener on the other side.

People over there love our BB and dislike their version.

People forget Australia is a very different culture to UK.
    The series is also aimed at family viewing rather than adult content so any real fighting is either not shown at all or hms are told /warned to tone it down.
    Im not sure UK viewers would be happy if for example Helens arguements/fights were completely cut from the show altogether because it really would not be giving the true character of the housemate.
    I love BBAUS but I also accept its manipulated,edited and controlled even more than our series is.
    People refuse to watch our BB because it has no live feed except scraps of a feed when they feel like yet readily watch BBAUS which has no live feed at all and no clips so the storylines are crafted very much into how the show wants them to look for a family show.
    My biggest hate with the show is the launch night is not live.
    I can live with the manipulation because every BB around the world is manipulated,especially BBUSA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree that is bad but I suppose if you decide to make bb your platform for "coming out" it can cause problems.

I wonder what the Australian public would have made of Helen and the "cool gang"?
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    The only thing missing from the show is a 24 hour Live feed, it is like watching an early version of our BB with real people for HMs, and no wannabe Z-listers, the house is a lot better as is the production.

I personally don't care if they don't do twitter or facebook as I don't ether, and as the show is pre watershed there is no effing and jeffing, which in a way is refreshing after our last BB, the show is already off to a good start and is worth watching, so if you are a fan of BB give it a look and make your own mind up :).....

the previous 2 years of BBAUS have had a much more real feel to the show
    so far it feels a little fake and forced drama and without any clips/livefeed
    we will never know what is really going on
    i don't care about twitter or Facebook myself but to not have any updates throughout a 24 hr period is not what BB is about
    the show itself is way superior to ours and agree its more like the old days on C4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I have not watched it before , can you remember what day of the week noms are .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    The best BB is the Australian one.

BB in the UK seems to have been better in the past, Channel 5 and lack of cash might be to blame?

I love the house, the non promotion of smoking, the housemates just have more fun.

I hope bringing the power to the house doesn't ruin this.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Australian and UK version doesn't have live feed and daily updates so they remind me of each other, Its not really BB and neither is ours.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's similarities with the British one, both became far cheaper and campy after they switched channels, getting a weaker presenter and scrapping live feed.
  • Options
    ZentonZenton Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched every UK series of BB and after spending a Summer listening and watching a house full of nastiness, bullying and fights. BB Aus is a breathe of fresh air. Slick production, a family related show and which still regards itself as a social experiment.

I'll never watch BBUK again and anything else on Channel Five for that matter.

If you are unhappy with how Channel Five have handled BBUK, go an YouTube and watch the first six episodes and enjoy yourself.
  • Options
    Acejr200Acejr200 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Ice not long finished watching last year's bb aus and it was one of the best big brothers I have seen since the days of makoksi and kemal.

Now I'm watching the current series
    as it airs and although I think they'll have a hard job to top last year's I think they could be on to another class series.

I don't know wether to suggest watching last year's show before this year's as this series may not pan out to be as good as last year's and it's probably wise to save the best till last, but I'd definitely suggest to anyone that hasn't watched it, once you've finished with this years, go back and take a look. It was excellent.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good site for BB AUS coverage.
    http://bbaustralia2014.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Options
    Rough DiamondRough Diamond Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they have BB on every night or is it once a week,I saw there were video clips,I can only assume it is not 24/7 live TV, I am not sure what I am looking for --help please :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they have BB on every night or is it once a week,I saw there were video clips,I can only assume it is not 24/7 live TV, I am not sure what I am looking for --help please :)

I don't think they have an episode on Saturday for some reason but not sure when they nominate.
  • Options
    jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird really maybe Aus tv is going up in the world at last. They've been saving up :D The Aus show wentworth prison isn't bad either.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jende wrote: »
    This is a good site for BB AUS coverage.
    http://bbaustralia2014.blogspot.co.uk/
    Devestated by some news I read on there :(
    Way down the page is like a q&a with the makers of the show and they are going to move the nominations into the daily highlight show >:(
    One thing I have always loved about BBAU is the seperate nominations show which is always hosted by sonia on a seperate show..I am absolutely HATING the changes made to this years show.
    And though they deny power trip is like ours I find this.
    This year, the audience will have a bigger say in the house – this could mean we will allow housemates to read a tweet as a reward or something (obviously heavily moderated by Big Brother) and that is just a natural evolution of the format.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just halfway through episode 3, and I'm hooked on it, loving it, I just realised though I don't think I've heard one swear word come from any of the Housemates. They all seem really nice, makes our HM's look like chavs, very refreshing, also how come they have a laundry room, we have a mangle, what a difference.