Options

A Bit Geeky - Just Installed Android On My HTC Touch Pro!!

SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hey All,

I upgraded from my HTC Touch Pro earlier this year and it's been sat in a drawer ever since.

I got myself a Desire over the weekend and I'm loving it!! :D

So I wondered if it was possible to replace the Windows Mobile on the Touch Pro with Android, a quick Google search revealed that there is a very simple way to do it that doesn't replace WinMo but instead boots into Android from WinMo.

I'm please with the results although there are a few niggles, i.e. the camera doesn't seem to work, the GPS is also not working and boy does it chew through the battery!! It was completely drained in less than 4 hours!!! :eek:

I followed these instructions if anyone else fancies giving it a go.

Comments

• Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club. I have a HTC HD2, and currently dual boot a heavily modified version of WinMo 6.5 and Android 2.2 Froyo. Mine is very stable, everything works including camera and GPS and the battery lasts for over a day. You can improve your battery life by changing the radio version your phone uses, lots of threads on XDA on how to do it. I will be adding the Desire HD ROM to mine in the next couple days, which should be good as my HD2 has similar specs to the Desire HD :)