Beeny's Restoration Nightmare

13»

Comments

• Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The commentary was pitched at the level of "Camberwick Green."

The constant repititions after each advertisement break and at the beginning of each episode, would suggest that the producers considered those watching it had the memory span of a goldfish.
    Stephen Tomkinson proved he's about as one dimensional as a narrator as he is an actor.
    This could have been done in one programme as is "Grand Designs" which often covers similar time scales.
    I recorded the series and after watching the first, just watched the end of the others to save wasting my time. Wasn't that impressed.

Tompkinson should stick to TV Presenters Behaving Badly and similar nonsense or pitch for Thomas The Tank Engine , his numb delivery is suited only for that kind of narration. :eek:

I fear this Beeny vehicle will run for a few more series while the housing market continues it's slide.

:(
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Tipptop wrote: »
    I'm thinking there wasn't loads renovated but because Beeny has control over production chose not to show that because it might effect bookings.

Who was that narrator, all this fake drama was a bit much
    “We wanted to recreate the way it would have felt as a stately home. We renovated pretty much all of it. You don’t see all of that in the show because they couldn’t fit it all in!”

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/home/journalfeatures/Inside-Sarah-Beeny-s-Rise-Hall-grand-results-restoration-nightmare/article-2916331-detail/article.html
  • Options
    TipptopTipptop Posts: 991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    “We wanted to recreate the way it would have felt as a stately home. We renovated pretty much all of it. You don’t see all of that in the show because they couldn’t fit it all in!”

There was 3 episodes, they could easily of fitted that in!!, how many times did we need to see the kids play football or eating, a quick over view would of taken 3 minutes.
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a big advert on channel 4 for her new business and she gets paid to advertise it too.

Double Bubble
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watched the last episode - nothing worth watching on other channels despite me trying almost everything!

It was OK but very patchy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should have only lasted 2 programmes as much as I am a fan of the Beeny. I felt a lot was contrived, I mean leaving the wedding venue license until the last minute! She would also have had to apply for an alcohol license. It really couldn't have failed or she would have looked pretty stupid.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should have only lasted 2 programmes as much as I am a fan of the Beeny. I felt a lot was contrived, I mean leaving the wedding venue license until the last minute! She would also have had to apply for an alcohol license. It really couldn't have failed or she would have looked pretty stupid.

But then if there wasn't any false jeaopardy these programmes would fall flat.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    But then if there wasn't any false jeaopardy these programmes would fall flat.

This is true, but this was so poor even the "jeaopardy" failed to resuscitate it.

Grand Designs Kevin's often used phrase; "This was never going to be an easy build" kept coming into my head, but I was adding; "but do I care?"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to watch it, but realised it's just a pile of poop . . .

Over dramatised bullsh*t . . .

If this house doesn't come together we're doomed . . .

F*ck off ! . . .What a pile of contrived sh*t . . . .Beeney is so dull . . .

Beeney decided to make a tv show out of buying a manor house, using the money from the tv show to help fund the house . . .

Frankly I couldn't care less . . .
  • Options
    snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just came across as an overly long promo video.

As someone previously observed there is nothing quite as unprofessional as pretending to be businesslike whilst actually indulging sprogs.

Menolikeit
  • Options
    RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After many years of subsidence, is Sarah's massive double cantlevered frontage in need of some extra underpinning, or can we look forward to many more years of admiring its fine Palladian contours ?

Excellent post sir.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    big disappointing......the artificial cliff hangers are annoying ..just show us the friggin action and don't treat us like morons;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RubusRoo wrote: »
    Excellent post sir.

Really? I find it, at the very least, a little unsavoury
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    worpler wrote: »
    big disappointing......the artificial cliff hangers are annoying ..just show us the friggin action and don't treat us like morons;)

Pretty much the same as a property ladder episode then - apart from the constant digs about how the developers are "doing it wrong" and only making a profit because of the "rise in house prices" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I really like Sarah what great people, they deserve every success.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    chatty1 wrote: »
    I really like Sarah what great people, they deserve every success.

Totally agree.

As for the Council as far as I know the School never had a 'planning permission' change so it was always a home not a business.

The main house in a Village still has an important part to play in the community.
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this for the first time on More 4 and I'm struggling to warm to their "plight"...

Most of the first programme was spent pointing out how neglected the hall had become (e.g. "some of these window frames haven't been painted for 20 years") and therefore what a state it had gotten into - and then it turns out they bought it themselves 10 years ago!
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this for the first time on More 4 and I'm struggling to warm to their "plight"...

Most of the first programme was spent pointing out how neglected the hall had become (e.g. "some of these window frames haven't been painted for 20 years") and therefore what a state it had gotten into - and then it turns out they bought it themselves 10 years ago!

This was just a "vehicle" to earn cash to further her business.
    A complete nonsense.
  • Options
    PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was just a "vehicle" to earn cash to further her business.
    A complete nonsense.

That's the impression I got. I'd like to think it all ends in tears, but as I don't recall any headlines about them going bankrupt I fear it won't. Also pretty lame that she doesn't reveal her budget, whereas everyone else has to on her shows.