Options

BT Sports Channel

Comments

• Options
    mogzyboymogzyboy Posts: 6,436
    Forum Member
    How long do I get to cancel my BT Sport on Sky via BT?
  • Options
    samburrowssamburrows Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true - and the second chat suggests that it may be - I will want to cancel my BT Sport order (placed yesterday) direct with BT.

When does that need cancelling by? Does DSR apply to orders like this?
  • Options
    RobSmithSRobSmithS Posts: 1,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are you hearing this from...? :confused:

I share your bewilderment. I went on a live online chat with BT just to find out about what myself and mtl11 were wondering regards billing and then what happened, er, happened. So I went on a Sky live chat more or less at the same time to doublecheck.
  • Options
    VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mogzyboy wrote: »
    How long do I get to cancel my BT Sport on Sky via BT?

Query - Why would you want to do that?
  • Options
    mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they'll try to tempt you with broadband if you phone them... :D

They could offer me free broadband for 50 years.

Seriously - I wouldn't take it.

I know the owner and MD of my ISP and I will stay with them whatever the cost.

The only thing I care about is convenience and service. Cost is irrelevant (within reason - I wouldn't pay over say £100 per month for broadband).
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I spoke to Sky, the advisor said they were still in deep negotiations re wholesale... So it could be that BT have finally given up the battle in order to get Sky Sports on their YouView offering. Interesting if correct!
  • Options
    Mr NewshoundMr Newshound Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobSmithS wrote: »
    I share your bewilderment. I went on a live online chat with BT just to find out about what myself and mtl11 were wondering regards billing and then what happened, er, happened. So I went on a Sky live chat more or less at the same time to doublecheck.
    I know these online chat people can be clueless so I'm rather sceptical of it myself! We'll see...
  • Options
    mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of the above seems to be totally bizarre!!!
  • Options
    arunan22arunan22 Posts: 1,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IF Sky are now retailing BT Sport - guessing this would increase the likelihood of free multiroom being available.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know these online chat people can be clueless so I'm rather sceptical of it myself! We'll see...
    mlt11 wrote: »
    All of the above seems to be totally bizarre!!!

It does!

But for both companies to come up with that all of a sudden? Simple test is for others to ask and check result?
  • Options
    Mr NewshoundMr Newshound Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purely for research purposes...

Chat Information Please wait for a Sky Advisor to respond. Your chat may be monitored and recorded for training, legal and compliance purposes.

Chat Information You are now connected with Sandeep

Chat Information ** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **

Sandeep: Hi. Welcome to Sky, the home of must-see TV. You're chatting to Sandeep. Can I take your name please?
    You: Hi, I'm Hugo.
    Sandeep: HI Hugo.
    Sandeep: How are you doing today?
    You: I'm good thanks :-)
    You: Hope you're well
    Sandeep: Glad to know that.
    Sandeep: I am fine too. Thanks for asking, Hugo.
    Sandeep: Hugo, what brings you to chat with us today?
    You: I'm just wondering how I add BT Sport to my Sky package?
    Sandeep: I'll certainly help you with this.
    Sandeep: BT Sport will be available on the Sky platform via our EPG, but no agreement has yet been reached for Sky to sell these channels directly to its customers.
    Sandeep: For the moment, Sky customers who want access to the entire Premier League via their Sky+ box will have to subscribe to Sky Sports through Sky, and purchase BT Sport directly from BT.
    You: Ok so I need to contact BT?
    Sandeep: Yes that is right, Hugo.
    Sandeep: For your information, there is a short survey that you can fill in to express your thoughts on the services I have delivered today. This survey will be presented to you at the end of our chat. Please click the 'End Chat' button to rate your experience on chat today.
    You: Ok, thank you. :-)
    Sandeep: ===========
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    Query - Why would you want to do that?
    Assuming these rumours turn out to be true, then wouldn't I get Multiroom if I then took 'BT Sport from Sky', as Sky would be retailing it in a similar way to what they have ESPN?
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sahil : Take car

This yoof speak eh? :D
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i seriously need BT sport on multiroom as i already have it on my box upstairs but my dad would like it to downstairs. So the chances of this happening are. By the way i got BT sport first time round by doing it on there website and giving my sky viewing card. Couldnt really say no seeing that it was free for first 12 months.
  • Options
    BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous BT (and nowaday Sky) will let you watch stuff anywhere via their website but still expect you to pay to watch on a second TV in the same house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just spoke to Sky CS, and the guy didn't have any information re Sky retailing BT Sport. So, I'm thoroughly confused now.

VisionMan1 - anything you can find out?
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from multiroom, is there any reason to get BT Sport via Sky rather than via BT if one has BT Broadband?

The only reason I can think of for letting Sky retail BT (if this is indeed the case) is that it was necessary to get Sky Sports HD on BT's YouView.
  • Options
    promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Apart from multiroom, is there any reason to get BT Sport via Sky rather than via BT if one has BT Broadband?

The only reason I can think of for letting Sky retail BT (if this is indeed the case) is that it was necessary to get Sky Sports HD on BT's YouView.

Not just Sky Sports HD but Sky Sports full stop!
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DON'T contact Ofcom. They won't get involved in this. But I will. Jaycee, I've sent you a PM.

Many thanks. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just spoke to Sky CS, and the guy didn't have any information re Sky retailing BT Sport. So, I'm thoroughly confused now.

VisionMan1 - anything you can find out?

Sadly, its as per this post from Mr Newshound -

In the industry they are known (God this is harsh) as talking monkeys. This is not a reference to anyones race, creed, colour or religion, but to the level of training the recieve. Which is nearly zero.

So I very seriously doubt such a low level advisor would have any advance knowledge of any such high level negotiations.

Two penneth over. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, its as per this post from Mr Newshound -

In the industry they are known (God this is harsh) as talking monkeys. This is not a reference to anyones race, creed, colour or religion, but to the level of training the recieve. Which is nearly zero.

So I very seriously doubt such a low level advisor would have any advance knowledge of any such high level negotiations.

Two penneth over. :)

What was strange about it for me is how I apparently caught 2 advisors, at the same time, one from BT the other from Sky both providing that info. Previously I have contacted bt live chat twice before just to confirm a couple of things about what happens if I take the channels, it was the first time I asked Sky about it. It just appears that I received two erroneous pieces of advice, then.

To think of all the times they must have been asked about info linked to this over the last two months to get the billing part erroneous? Very odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess if there's anything in this, we'll hear something in Sky's results which are *I think* next week.
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    OK - what do you all make of this?

2 live online chats 10-15 minutes ago between myself and firstly a BT live chat advisor and then secondly a Sky live chat advisor:

BT Live chat 1630 hrs 19/07/13:

We are now routing you to one of our chat team...
    Welcome to BT, the most complete broadband provider. You are now connected with Anabelle
    Anabelle: Hi
    Anabelle: How may I assist you with your order today?
    rob: Hi Annabelle
    rob: I have a general enquiry about BT Sport
    Anabelle: Sure
    rob: When ordering BT Sport via the Sky platform, paying £12 per month, is it possible to keep billing separate from line rental for BT customers with line rental only from BT who pay quarterly over the counter?
    Anabelle: It's added to your sky bill, not a BT one
    rob: BT Sport is added to my sky bill?
    Anabelle: Sky TV customers signing up today will not be charged until August 2013 when the service goes live.
    Anabelle: You can add BT Sport to your Sky Digital Satellite Platform for £12 a month plus a one-off £15 activation fee. One month minimum term.
    Anabelle: You can please click here to add BT Sport to your existing Sky Digital Satellite Platform service.
    Anabelle: Yes, its added via BT to Sky, and you are charged on your Sky bill, not a BT one
    rob: Has that changed today?
    rob: <do you know only before I was told it was through BT
    Anabelle: It's only free if you have BT broadband for adding to Sky - otherwise it's charged directly to the Sky bill. I can confirm this applies to all orders
    rob: Apologies but are you able to say is this now different to previously? I thought that up until this chat I could only add the channel (by paying £12 monthly) by paying through my BT account?
    Anabelle: I can confirm this has always been the case.
    rob: On that link it does ask: "Are you a BT customer? If you've got a phone line with us, we can add BT Sport to the same account."
    Anabelle: Sorry, I'm just after clarifying this for you. The option is available for phone line customers on the online order form.
    rob: It seems to be a different answer from yesterday that's all. Has something changed or is there somewhere i can see more info? Thanks
    Anabelle: It's available to order online and to add the costs of this to your BT bill today. Apologies for the earlier confusion. If you would like any further clarification, or would prefer to process this over the phone, please feel free to call our advisors on 0800 800 150. Freephone - open till 8pm.
    rob: But just to confirm can I add the channels to my Sky tv bill as alternative to the bt bill?Anabelle: Yes, you can opt for either
    rob: strange - sure i couldn't do that before
    Anabelle: It's available on both online and over the phone

Sky chat 1635hrs 19/07/13
    Chat InformationPlease wait for a Sky Advisor to respond. Your chat may be monitored and recorded for training, legal and compliance purposes.
    You are not currently in a chat session.
    Chat InformationYou are now connected with Sahil
    Chat Information** Please do not share your credit card information, security code or CVV during this chat **
    You: hi
    Sahil : Hi. Welcome to Sky, the home of must-see TV. You're chatting to Sahil . Can I take your name please?
    You: Hi, Sahil. It is rob here
    You: I have a question regards BT Sport. My understanding was that I should contact BT about receiving BT Sport. Is that correct?
    Sahil : Hi rob,how are you?
    Sahil : Even with sky you will get BT soprts.
    Sahil : However sky will come up with BT sports by 1st of August.
    You: Do I get billed through Sky or through BT, can you tell me?
    Sahil : Through sky If you take BT Sports from sky.
    You: Has that changed recently, could you advise?
    Sahil : From august sky Is going to provide you BT sports from sky.
    You: How much and what is the process, please Sahil?
    Sahil : Sure
    Sahil : You have to come up on august for the cost and to upgrade online , sky had not yet updated yet online.
    You: ok - but soon it will be possible to order bt sports channels direct from sky?
    Sahil : Yes
    You: ok thanks I hope you understand my bewilderment
    Sahil : Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
    You: no
    Sahil : Thank you for chatting today. It was a pleasure chatting with you. Please click the 'End Chat' button to rate your experience on chat today.
    Sahil : bye
    Sahil : Take car

They're both talking nonsense!:mad:
    If you take BT sport. It goes on your BT bill. Not your Sky bill.
    BT Sport is only available through BT.

What a joke, honestly from both parties!
  • Options
    bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    From a staff point of view, I will tell you we have not been told that they have agreed a wholesale agreement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're both talking nonsense!:mad:
    If you take BT sport. It goes on your BT bill. Not your Sky bill.
    BT Sport is only available through BT.

What a joke, honestly from both parties!

Indeed.

Poor foreign speaky-English staff (from a lot of companies) who are then given a very poor level of training too.

Just poor all round, really.

And these companies then wonder why they get such a poor reputation? Oh FFS, isn't it obvious?!?
This discussion has been closed.