• Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Huawei Ascend Mate 7?
  • Options
    Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you wanted to spend around that much might be worth seeing if you can get a good deal on a Nexus 6 (there are some good deals around at the moment).

I've seen deals on Amazon Warehouse for returned ones for around £340.
  • Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's 'only' 5.5 inches, but I've seen the Galaxy Note 3 in your budget here, and it's a good, premium phone

http://www.handtec.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-note-3-neo-lte-16gb-white-sm-n7505.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwqe-rBRCv_J6qs6isp6EBEiQAmbctFmiIQIZS__jGKq8Zsrsg8rMfI-3Jm3oInsgQdlhHgMUaAlAy8P8HAQ

DISCLAIMER- I know nothing about handtec- you might want to do some reseatch if you decide to go with this....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in black, 32gb, immaculate condition on 02, hardly used.
  • Options
    khampsonkhampson Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    Is handtec a reliable company to order from?
  • Options
    AxeVictimAxeVictim Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    khampson wrote: »
    Is handtec a reliable company to order from?

Yes they are totally legit but you would be better off getting that Nexus 6 rather than a 2 year old Note 3.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Why is everyone assuming the OP wants a used mobile? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would like new, I am replacing my galaxy mega 6.3, I like the look of the Huawei Mate 7 but its got mixed camera reviews, I could of got a Sony ultra 6.4 but the camera reviews were poor to.

Any other options? Thank you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone had any experience with Huawei Mate 7 or HTC one Max? Anyone give me user reviews and camera quality?
  • Options
    swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Why is everyone assuming the OP wants a used mobile? :confused:

Can't speak for anyone else but the link I posted was to a new phone albeit an older model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't really want to go from 6.3 to 5.5, my brother has a 5.5 inch and it looks so small, I use sat nav everyday and like the big screen
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    I have the Mate 7 and it works fine. I'd recommend getting the 3GB RAM version though as I've found the 2GB version can be slightly slow when running memory intensive tasks.

What questions do you have and I'll see if I can answer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    I have the Mate 7 and it works fine. I'd recommend getting the 3GB RAM version though as I've found the 2GB version can be slightly slow when running memory intensive tasks.

What questions do you have and I'll see if I can answer?

That's great of you.
    What is the camera like oh the mate 7?
    How long does it take to fully charge and what don't you like about it? Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's great of you.
    What is the camera like oh the mate 7?
    How long does it take to fully charge and what don't you like about it? Thanks

The camera is good.

It's not outstanding but it gets the job done, I think for taking pics every now and then its fine. If you're looking for the best quality camera then there are better options but not much better. Front camera works well.

It doesn't take too long to charge actually and the battery life is really good! I mean really good! Like best battery life I've ever seen on a phone good. I thought that it being non removable would be a bad thing but it turns out it easily lasts more than a day and I can actually get more than 7 hours on screen time in some cases.

Overall it's a good phone, easy to use, fast and does what I need it to do.

Only downsides is that the 2GB RAM version can struggle with memory intensive tasks, but then I think I'm the only person in the world that would actually be bothered by that. Also the UI doesn't look the best but that's just a personal preference, there are loads of custom themes to download anyway if you don't like the default one.

Ultimately I'd say that if it's in your price range and you like the size of it then go with it. Oh and the fingerprint scanner is cool as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's great my brother has a Huawei G7 and the interface looks OK, apparently it has the same camera as the mate 7 but the camera on the g7 gets better reviews, I thought it would be similar.

What is the screen brightness like in daylight?

Thanks for the review
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's great my brother has a Huawei G7 and the interface looks OK, apparently it has the same camera as the mate 7 but the camera on the g7 gets better reviews, I thought it would be similar.

What is the screen brightness like in daylight?

Thanks for the review

Quite good actually. I've never had a problem with screen brightness. Although obviously if there is direct sunlight then its always going to make it harder to see.

Like I said, camera is good enough tbh. There isnt anything bad I can say about it. But there are better phone cameras out there if camera is the number 1 priority.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just seen a Sony t2 ultra are they any good?
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really want to go from 6.3 to 5.5, my brother has a 5.5 inch and it looks so small, I use sat nav everyday and like the big screen

Out of interest, where do you have the phone mounted for use as satnav? And are you some sort of travelling sales rep?

I only ask about location, as I see so many phones mounted really badly (ie. dangerously), central on the windscreen. Ideally they should be kept out of the main line of sight, not on the windscreen itself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's mounted on my windscreen in the middle and rests on the dash, I do around 100 miles per day to about 6 different locations