Comments

• creasecrease Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    How is this any different to someone titleing a thread "Justin Beiber" and then linking uncritically to his youtube videos?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crease wrote: »
    How is this any different to someone titleing a thread "Justin Beiber" and then linking uncritically to his youtube videos?

It's not, because that's is exactly what I've dome.

It is possible for contributors to link videos of musicians and singers, that might be of interest (or not) to others, without they themselves passing comment.
    It's more productive and less board-space wasting than getting into a, "yes it is no it isn't" situation.

I've been doing it for years.

You're the first to question the practice and hopefully, the last.
    Forum Member
    It's more productive and less board-space wasting than getting into a, "yes it is no it isn't" situation.

I would say it was less productive, and as for avoiding a "yes it is no it isn't" situation, that's kind of the nature of a discussion forum, sorry if not everyone blindly agrees with everything you say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say it was less productive, and as for avoiding a "yes it is no it isn't" situation, that's kind of the nature of a discussion forum, sorry if not everyone blindly agrees with everything you say.

You don't have to agree with anything I say.

I've explained why I post links to artists which may or may not be of interest.

If someone has something interesting to say about the link, then that opens the way for a discussion should anyone want to do so.

Sometimes I link stuff that gets a few hundred hits, but no responses, I don't mind, it isn't important to me that someone should.
    Forum Member
    You don't have to agree with anything I say.

I've explained why I post links to artists which may or may not be of interest.

If someone has something interesting to say about the link, then that opens the way for a discussion should anyone want to do so.

Sometimes I link stuff that gets a few hundred hits, but no responses, I don't mind, it isn't important to me that someone should.

But you don't provide any information at all, just youtube links, why not a brief description and a reason why you recommend this stuff ? for all anyone knows those could be links to anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you don't provide any information at all, just youtube links, why not a brief description and a reason why you recommend this stuff ? for all anyone knows those could be links to anything.

Look, you post how you like.

Let others do likewise.

If someone wants to click on the links, that's fine, if they don't that's also fine by me.

Trying to tell people what to do, doesn't work on message boards.

To repeat what I said before, you're the only one who sees it as a problem.

Let it go.
    Forum Member
    me.

Trying to tell people what to do, doesn't work on message boards.

Then stop it.
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure he's a fine musician, but it was a bit like being 'on hold' ;-)