Options

Ahhh Phone Crisis.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 810
Forum Member
✭✭
Okay my phone has randomly decided to refuse to allow me to send out or recieve any calls or texts.

It was fine about an hour ago, then I plugged it into my computer to transfer some pictures and now I can't call or text, it just says connectivity error.

Also as the top wheremy network bar is it has a '3G' icon instead of the usual tarriff looking thing, I am not sure what it is called. Any advice, please? I need to text my manager at work. Agh.

Comments

• Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the risk of sounding like an IT clown, turn it off and back on, then restore default settings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha, I did try that, not gonna lie, Alas it failed :(.
  • Options
    snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might be worth removing the battery for a couple of minutes and then putting it back in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't work either.
    I don't even understand it, it was working fine as anything. ****ing thing!

Thanks for suggestions though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay update.

Before, it connected to Orange but didnt allow me to text or anything.

Now it doesn't even connect to orange cos I tried to change the connectivity thing from Dual to something, but changed it back and now it says 'Network Unavailable' every time. FFS!
  • Options
    Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you taken the battery out and your sim?

Do that for 5 mins then try again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay... It fixed itself? I was browsing through my pictures and a load of texts came through. How odd. Thanks for the help anyway guys :).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you had no reception. :confused:

Once I lived in a house where the reception was crap, one day my mam rang me to ask why I hadnt replied to her texts, I went shopping (where the signal was much better) turned phone off then back on and a load of texts came flying through.
  • Options
    CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Next time maybe go into the settings and change to manually select the network. That will show you what networks are available - if some are, but yours isn't, it's probably a service problem.