Christina just showed us what an average singer Rebecca is

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
Forum Member
✭✭
Rebecca sounded good until Christina showed us how overrated Rebecca is. No wonder Rebecca crumbled :eek:

Comments

• Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I think Christina over did personally.

I've heard her sing that song live and it was amazing but tonight I think she just went over board.

Kinda bitchy almost.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Christina over did personally.

I've heard her sing that song live and it was amazing but tonight I think she just went over board.

Kinda bitchy almost.

Bitchy?:confused: She covered for Rebecca because she was struggling LOL
    Forum Member
    Em no the minute she came out she was over doing it completely.

Maybe that's just how she's singing the song these days but I thought it was unnecessary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    No.

She showed us what a pompous caterwauling hack she is. F*ck her. I used to like her, too.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Rebecca but the frightening thing was Christina was even putting much of an effort in
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Thats how she sings. Its not her fault rebecca wasnt singing with her
  • iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love still love Xtina!!!!!!!!!
    Lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is Christina does not sing that song like that on the original version. She sounded really harsh and throaty.
    Forum Member
    Thats how she sings.

It's not though.

I have heard her sing that song before and it wasn't as over the top as that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina is all about quantity not quality.

She tries to cram every note possible into her songs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Lucy. Christina is a legend, a powerhouse female singer. She just made Rebecca look average.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    rebbecca is still amazing...its just put up against christina, well she was always going to out sing her...with personality as well as voice if you know what i mean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fairness, Xtina has got a SERIOUS set of lungs on her...those pipes are AMAZING and there aren't many people that could sing a duet with her and not sound average!!!
    Forum Member
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    I agree Lucy. Christina is a legend, a powerhouse female singer. She just made Rebecca look average.

She made Rebecca look like an actual singer.

As opposed to a cringe-worthy parody of all the worst things about "divas".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aleksis wrote: »
    She made Rebecca look like an actual singer.

As opposed to a cringe-worthy parody of all the worst things about "divas".

Christina has a powerhouse voice- its what she is famous for. Considering how she normally sings, it was nice of her to tone down tonight (and yes, she WAS toned down). Rebecca forgot her words and screwed things up a bit but I understand that she was nervous and these things happen... but DON'T blame Christina.
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christina has always, ALWAYS sang the song like that (I have every performance of it on my computer). In fact, that's quite restrained for her.

They knew ll along that that's Christina's style. Why bring on Christina if they are expecting her to sing it in a way that's not Christina?
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    They should have changed the pairings - Christina with One Direction would have been very funny.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm laughing at the people defending Rebecca for screwing up. And saying she was better than Christina.

It's good to know that a lot of famous singers can actualy sing.
    Forum Member
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    Christina has a powerhouse voice- its what she is famous for. Considering how she normally sings, it was nice of her to tone down tonight (and yes, she WAS toned down). Rebecca forgot her words and screwed things up a bit but I understand that she was nervous and these things happen... but DON'T blame Christina.

She wasn't "toned down". As the solo performance showed, she simply can't go wild quite like she used to (thank god).
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    That was the worst "duet" of the evening and I use the term loosely.

Christina just warbled and they didn't sing together more than 2 words.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Christina was unbelievable. Showed that Rebecca is just ok and nothing more. What I thought all along..

Cher is much much better and unique compared to Rebecca..
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No she didn't. Rebecca is a different type of vocalist and sang it in her own way. Plus she is an ametuer you can't expect her to be better than someone who has been in the business for over 10 years. Christina was rather modest with her singing, and she did encourage Rebecca to sing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Rebecca isn't an average singer, I think she has a very nice quality to it. It's distinct, soulful and nice on the ears.

But Christina Aguilera is regarded as one of the best singers of this generation...she was going to outshine anybody that she duetted with on the X Factor.

Beautiful isn't one of her restrained songs, it's a ballad. People expect and want Christina to go all out with her voice for it, thats her shtick. It would be like watching a Britney performance with no dancing.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she didn't. Rebecca is a different type of vocalist and sang it in her own way. Plus she is an ametuer you can't expect her to be better than someone who has been in the business for over 10 years. Christina was rather modest with her singing, and she did encourage Rebecca to sing.

Exactly, people seem to forget that Christina has been at the top of her game for over ten year. Okay, Rebecca got overwhelmed by it all. Big deal. She is still a fantastic singer but she is completely different to Christina. She should have performed with Adele, the Matt fans should be thankful that he didn't sing with Christina because she would have out performed him aswell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have two completely different voices, rebecca focuses on tone and soul, Christina is power and control