Options

The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord Kram wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Cher's website today? All I'm getting is a blank page :S
    Updating maybe?!

Yeah I get a blank page too, they could well be putting the Want U Back video up at last. And then all the fans'll be like "Oh yeah, that. :o" :p
  • Options
    FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to skyrock (not sure of their source) s+s still sold "about 16000" last week at 44 so is now over 170k. Not stellar, let's not kid ourselves, but 200k should be well in its compass in a reasonable time frame. They don't mention the Polish charts mind where there was some discussion WUL had done well . Guess they miss the odd thing too. Overall my view is syco will turn a small profit once all current activities are accounted for from 2011.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried Cher's website today? All I'm getting is a blank page :S
    Updating maybe?!

:eek: Don't say that, getting me excited!!

I've just checked and it's still blank. Ddos??? :o
  • Options
    Lord KramLord Kram Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Been like it since early this morning...
    Bit weird as the sort of christmas updates that were going on the site, there was no day 12 or 13 until the site went blank
    Surely an update of some kind, but kinda know it wont be the video :(
    I'm thinking maybe it will be THIS friday instead hopefully!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to skyrock (not sure of their source) s+s still sold "about 16000" last week at 44 so is now over 170k. Not stellar, let's not kid ourselves, but 200k should be well in its compass in a reasonable time frame. They don't mention the Polish charts mind where there was some discussion WUL had done well . Guess they miss the odd thing too. Overall my view is syco will turn a small profit once all current activities are accounted for from 2011.

Nice work Oh Wise Owl..;), its good to have someone who can give us the business view, small profit is profit..roll on the next album..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been like it since early this morning...
    Bit weird as the sort of christmas updates that were going on the site, there was no day 12 or 13 until the site went blank
    Surely an update of some kind, but kinda know it wont be the video :(
    I'm thinking maybe it will be THIS friday instead hopefully!

Hopefully, I'm hoping it'd be ASAP, knowing Syco they'd have a countdown again. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mozitski wrote: »
    Hopefully, I'm hoping it'd be ASAP, knowing Syco they'd have a countdown again. :(

Chers sites back up.. cant see WUB..:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah WUL reached #7 in Poland two weeks ago. :)

It may have reached 200k by this time next year but I don't know for sure, sales for just about everything will 'fall off a cliff' as people like to say, now that Christmas is over and done with, so it may continue to sell a few thousand each week, maybe selling 5,000-10,000 each month or something, but we'll see. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it I'm starting to come round to Moz' idea of Cher getting to write an album by herself. I'd like to know what she's capable of without a billion other songwriters to help her out, then we'd be able to tell if they were genuinely helping her or if they were actually masking her own abilities. My instincts say the former but I don't know for certain...

ETA: Just realised something else. Here's Cher's X Factor boot camp performance as shown on the Xtra Factor episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVd-ePyGkF8

Compare the rap heard from 1:00 to 1:08 to the lyrics of Swizz Beatz:

http://www.elyricsworld.com/that_oprah_(viva_la_vida_freestyle)_lyrics_swizz_beatz.html
    Murcielago's, Look at my lights
    God damn they look like goggles

So that means they always manipulated it to appear as if Cher had written her own lyrics when she actually hadn't, meaning that nothing she'd written had ever been explicitly rejected.

So we really don't know what she's capable of alone, then. I'm on board with Moz' idea, for sure. ;)
  • Options
    FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Razzmataz wrote: »
    Nice work Oh Wise Owl..;), its good to have someone who can give us the business view, small profit is profit..roll on the next album..:D

Thanks, but I stress I'm only making semi educated guesses!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it I'm starting to come round to Moz' idea of Cher getting to write an album by herself. I'd like to know what she's capable of without a billion other songwriters to help her out, then we'd be able to tell if they were genuinely helping her or if they were actually masking her own abilities. My instincts say the former but I don't know for certain...

ETA: Just realised something else. Here's Cher's X Factor boot camp performance as shown on the Xtra Factor episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVd-ePyGkF8

Compare the rap heard from 1:00 to 1:08 to the lyrics of Swizz Beatz:

http://www.elyricsworld.com/that_oprah_(viva_la_vida_freestyle)_lyrics_swizz_beatz.html

So that means they always manipulated it to appear as if Cher had written her own lyrics when she actually hadn't, meaning that nothing she'd written had ever been explicitly rejected.

So we really don't know what she's capable of alone, then. I'm on board with Moz' idea, for sure. ;)

"So that means they always manipulated it to appear as if Cher had written her own lyrics when she actually hadn't, meaning that nothing she'd written had ever been explicitly rejected."

What do you mean by this Nels, that she did write her own lyrics but were rejected or didn't? I am surprised Cher didn't speak out about this, it's not like her to keep quiet. :confused:

Anyway, I don't see why Syco piled Writers and producers on her like that, they could have at least audited Cher to see if she can write material on her own before giving her the pedestal. They would have came up with the inevitable conclusion of awesome! (Cough End Up Here).
  • Options
    RunWithTheWindRunWithTheWind Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Gutted about Cher's placing on that All time favourite contestant thing!

Kinda confused cause Misha and Cher are similar, so thought would have the same type of fanbase...but Misha has made top 20....(which cher also desereved) :)

Hope u all had a good Chritmas btw!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    A well known brazilian music site has made a list of the most promising artists of 2012 and Cher is in it. :) Just thought it would be interesting to you. It's in portuguese, of course. :p
    http://www.vagalume.com.br/news/2011/12/25/os-artistas-mais-promissores-de-2012.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "So that means they always manipulated it to appear as if Cher had written her own lyrics when she actually hadn't, meaning that nothing she'd written had ever been explicitly rejected."

What do you mean by this Nels, that she did write her own lyrics but were rejected or didn't? I am surprised Cher didn't speak out about this, it's not like her to keep quiet. :confused:

Anyway, I don't see why Syco piled Writers and producers on her like that, they could have at least audited Cher to see if she can write material on her own before giving her the pedestal. They would have came up with the inevitable conclusion of awesome! (Cough End Up Here).

I mean that I don't think she ever wrote her own lyrics for the boot-camp performance, or if she did they were never referred to at any point. ;)

Yeah I like End Up Here too, although the lyrics can seem primitive I think some of the lines are quite clever as I've said before, plus I love the way she sings it and how honest it feels. :) I imagine the weighting of the writing of it was similar to how Rebecca wrote some of her songs with another songwriter. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gabip28 wrote: »
    A well known brazilian music site has made a list of the most promising artists of 2012 and Cher is in it. :) Just thought it would be interesting to you. It's in portuguese, of course. :p
    http://www.vagalume.com.br/news/2011/12/25/os-artistas-mais-promissores-de-2012.html

Cool, I wonder if there are plans for Cher's material to be released there then, though I'd have thought there must be or they wouldn't have put her there. :p

Also, for those who didn't know (including me :p) Cher was 44th in that fav contestant poll:
    44 [39] = Cher Lloyd (Series 7) = 5152pts
    Ranking History (X-X-X-X-39-44)
    Ranking Performance (+2.13%)

A small drop of 5 places sees a bit of an improvement on last year, however the drop sees Cher leave the top 40. Cher is possibly the biggest marmite act in the shows history and as she has released her material this year has seen that continue. Cher made it to the final after a bit of severe manipulation by Cowell and a weird bottom 2 at the semi final against Mary. Since exiting the show in 4th place she has had a number 1 single and a top 5 album.

I probably saw this in the MF but just didn't bother with it, she would've been #1 for me as well, bugger. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cool, I wonder if there are plans for Cher's material to be released there then, though I'd have thought there must be or they wouldn't have put her there. :p
    Doubt that, but I reckon she will have more space here in Brazil, as she got an epic contract she will be even bigger in 2012.:D Really hope that they don't mess up and menage her better than Syco. I also doubt that they will kill her chances of being big over there thought, they have experience. With new materials she will go far.;)
    Sometimes I worry too much.:o

Ohh, and I just learn to quote :rolleyes: :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People don't forget Swagger Jagger easily, do they? :p

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1605851
    This broadcast a bit ago, and [The Most Annoying People 2011's] judgement of the 5 most annoying pop songs of 2011 are as follows (guess what was first):

5. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
    4. The Wanted - Glad You Came
    3. Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor
    2. Jason DeRulo - Don't Wanna Go Home
    1. Cher Lloyd - Swagger Jagger (shock?)

It also briefly trended on Twitter for a while, so people haven't forgotten about her then. ;) It was only voted as the most annoying song of the year because no-one cared about any other songs that may have been as annoying. :p
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People don't forget Swagger Jagger easily, do they? :p

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1605851

It also briefly trended on Twitter for a while, so people haven't forgotten about her then. ;) It was only voted as the most annoying song of the year because no-one cared about any other songs that may have been as annoying. :p

haha! i think that's great...long may she reign

The Wanted are so shit they can't even do annoying very well;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah, yeah. It's good, gives her publicity. All the hate is good, actually, as long as Cher's fine with it.:) And going number 1 doesn't mean anything, as you said on twitter:) , but it made uncle Simon happy ;) which is good for all of us.
    The Wanted are so shit they can't even do annoying very well;)
    I laughed, so true:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest, to those who actually managed to hear the version of End Up Here that was originally leaked all those months ago, how did it sound in comparison to the final version? 'Cause I never got to hear it and I know at least one of you has previously said that they preferred that first version, mainly because of the production iirc. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interest, to those who actually managed to hear the version of End Up Here that was originally leaked all those months ago, how did it sound in comparison to the final version? 'Cause I never got to hear it and I know at least one of you has previously said that they preferred that first version, mainly because of the production iirc. :)

Well, I heard it and can't seem to pick out any differences? :confused:

Maybe I didn't listen well enough to pick up any comparisons? Me dunno.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I heard it and can't seem to pick out any differences? :confused:

Maybe I didn't listen well enough to pick up any comparisons? Me dunno.

Wash them ears out Moz..:p
    It is me who moans about the over produced EUH on the album only because I was blessed in hearing the original..:)

Its the mini rap or echo, why? its like little burbles of cr@p on a simply divine Cher vocal, also too many layers of stuff.:o

The original relies more on Chers vocal, the ah..ah bit in the background is more defined, all in all its fkin gorgeous to listen too, the album version , you would/could think "WOW" if you never heard the leaked version but Imo the leaked version kicks ass in a most beautiful way..:D

Try this..:D;)
    http://hulkshare.com/7jp54uvl0fxq

Another edit..soz.:o Its the subtle sounds of Cher what makes musical heaven..think of BP both beautiful but the album version or Chers solo..?
    Solo wins in my book..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Razzmataz wrote: »
    Wash them ears out Moz..:p
    It is me who moans about the over produced EUH on the album only because I was blessed in hearing the original..

Its the mini rap or echo, why? its like little burbles of cr@p on a simply divine Cher vocal, also too many layers of stuff.:o

The original relies more on Chers vocal, the ah..ah bit in the background is more defined, all in all its fkin gorgeous to listen too, the album version , you would/could think "WOW" if you never heard the leaked version but Imo the leaked version kicks ass in a most beautiful way..:D

Try this..:D;)
    http://hulkshare.com/7jp54uvl0fxq

Another edit..soz.:o Its the subtle sounds of Cher what makes musical heaven..think of BP both beautiful but the album version or Chers solo..?
    Solo wins in my book..

Thank you very kindly. :D

Yeah I see what you mean, it is a subtle difference, but the production is a bit more toned down. Of course the upside is that her voice is more prominent (which in this song, in particular, counts for a lot) but the trade-off is that there isn't as much of a build-up of tension, I guess.

Tbh I reckon she should just do an acoustic performance of it, that way it actually would be focused around her voice. That version imo is a bit of a compromise between the two. :p

I'll download and keep it anyway though, always a good back-up if my wish never comes true. ;):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very kindly. :D

Yeah I see what you mean, it is a subtle difference, but the production is a bit more toned down. Of course the upside is that her voice is more prominent (which in this song, in particular, counts for a lot) but the trade-off is that there isn't as much of a build-up of tension, I guess.

Tbh I reckon she should just do an acoustic performance of it, that way it actually would be focused around her voice. That version imo is a bit of a compromise between the two. :p

I'll download and keep it anyway though, always a good back-up if my wish never comes true. ;):p

I think I may know why Cher hasn't done an acoustic performance of End Up Here. It could be in the line up of becoming the next single after Want U Back which at this rate may not even see the bloomin' light of day! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god. The feisty Cher that was on Twitter:
    "@jizonny im putting my caravan in your front garden, what ya gunna do about that son?"

I know it was ages ago but it is soooooooooooooooooooooo funny.

I remember during that time we were complaining due to Cher responding to hate/papers. I'm contradicting myself here because I was one of those complainers but I sort of wished she does it again because it's so funny. :o

Cher can never win with me on this aspect of her. :L
This discussion has been closed.