Options

Problems with network-status

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Just crawled out my pit to get ready for night shift had an e mail from the MD it seems the maintenance to try and resolve these problems will now take place Friday morning between 2am and 6am its also on the smallworld website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well the saga continues.

I should be in my pit between night shifts but was woken up around noon by the flashing lights on my new cbn modem flashing on and off like a demented xmas tree.

Tv working checked internet no luck re started everything checked all the cables still no internet.

Called 160 they checked could see a problem engineer in the area will call asap.

engineer arrives 1pm checks all the usual suspects knew nothing about the previous speed issues , visits or maintenance in the area last night.

Checked my line on the street cabinet and the power was way off after a few attempts he adjusted it and as you can see I am now online - even though I should be sleeping which is what I am off to do now.

By the way 3 speed tests at 1.45pm
    82mb , 79mb and 81mb.

SO it seems the maintenance last night did the trick.
  • Options
    powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    bigandyj wrote: »
    well the saga continues.

I should be in my pit between night shifts but was woken up around noon by the flashing lights on my new cbn modem flashing on and off like a demented xmas tree.

Tv working checked internet no luck re started everything checked all the cables still no internet.

Called 160 they checked could see a problem engineer in the area will call asap.

engineer arrives 1pm checks all the usual suspects knew nothing about the previous speed issues , visits or maintenance in the area last night.

Checked my line on the street cabinet and the power was way off after a few attempts he adjusted it and as you can see I am now online - even though I should be sleeping which is what I am off to do now.

By the way 3 speed tests at 1.45pm
    82mb , 79mb and 81mb.

SO it seems the maintenance last night did the trick.

Thank god! Now you can put your hardon for the Internet away, or do you...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    powar wrote: »
    Thank god! Now you can put your hardon for the Internet away, or do you...

You'll be getting the advertised speed, I presume?
    Are you also on smallworld cable in Carlisle?
  • Options
    powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    You'll be getting the advertised speed, I presume?
    Are you also on smallworld cable in Carlisle?

Who cares... Lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    powar wrote: »
    Who cares... Lol

Thought so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well all 3 test this morning still in the 80mb range took a while but seems to be there for me at least , hope it gets sorted soon - or already is for everybody else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just checked - average of 3 is 75.6 down and 9.34 up - long may it continue!