Tony Blair

13»

Comments

• Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Labour loather anyway, so I am a *little* biased :) However, as soon as he made his way into Downing Street on the day of their win, I said he shouldn't trusted. No-one who smiles in that shark-like fashion (with no smile behind the eyes) can be real.

I don't usually say bad things about people but I really, really don't like him (or Gordon Brown either, but that's because I felt he was deluded about what he could achieve and because he was not the brilliant Chancellor he thought he was ...)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I see the story is on the DM site now. Makes me wonder if this was the 'affair that would have huge implications for government' from a few weeks ago.

He wasn't one of the names leaked in that story, no but there has been another one about him in recent days
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    He wasn't one of the names leaked in that story, no but there has been another one about him in recent days

Interesting denial by his people... note the present tense....

A spokesman for Mr Blair, 60, told the Hollywood Reporter: ‘If you are asking if they are having an affair, the answer is no.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2341825/Tony-Blair-strongly-denies-affair-Wendi-Deng-outrageous-rumours-sweep-internet-reason-Murdoch-divorce.html#ixzz2WJPDSD46
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Interesting denial by his people... note the present tense....

A spokesman for Mr Blair, 60, told the Hollywood Reporter: ‘If you are asking if they are having an affair, the answer is no.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2341825/Tony-Blair-strongly-denies-affair-Wendi-Deng-outrageous-rumours-sweep-internet-reason-Murdoch-divorce.html#ixzz2WJPDSD46

My thoughts exactly when I read that statement but I would be less surprised if Wendy Deng was having an affair with Cherie Blair. ;)
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »

I just thought it may all be linked some how, smear campaign, who knows:confused:
    Just seems curious that 2 weeks ago the big gossip was about the curly red head and now this.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I just thought it may all be linked some how, smear campaign, who knows:confused:
    Just seems curious that 2 weeks ago the big gossip was about the curly red head and now this.

The rumours about red were more current than Blair. The speculation about him is more to do with a current big news divorce - see the link in Lexis post above
  • culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandora 7 wrote: »
    I have just heard a rumour about Blair that is unbelievable so I won't repeat it.
    Pandora 7 wrote: »
    No much much worse than that ... he is a cheater :(
    k9fan wrote: »
    By putting his name and that of Rupert Murdoch's wife in google, many sites contain certain denials.

And there are more today.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Cherie is even worse than Tony in a way. I think she used his position of power to pull a lot of strings in terms of getting the compensation culture and rights for criminals really moving forward. Let's not forget how she had that scandal with the flats and got off scott free, and how much damage she's done for women in terms of pushing women into thinking they must all have high flying careers/be a working mum no matter how unsuited the individual is to that. :mad:

What scandal exactly?
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    What scandal exactly?

Peter Foster, Carole Caplin and Cherie's emails.
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »

What about them?, nothing came of anything
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »

Well we all knew she was a shameless money grabber already but what I found truely sickening about that episode was her tears for the camera and saying she was just trying to do the best for her children whilst at the same time she was schmoozing other MPs wives to get them encourage their husbands to support Tony on Iraq resulting in countless young lives being lost. :mad:

As for Tony playing away I'm sure he has many times. There have been rumours in the past. What would you expect from a man who choses to holiday with Berlusconi?
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we all knew she was a shameless money grabber already but what I found truely sickening about that episode was her tears for the camera and saying she was just trying to do the best for her children whilst at the same time she was schmoozing other MPs wives to get them encourage their husbands to support Tony on Iraq resulting in countless young lives being lost. :mad:

As for Tony playing away I'm sure he has many times. There have been rumours in the past. What would you expect from a man who choses to holiday with Berlusconi?

Didn't they also holiday with a Bee Gee who had quite interesting nocturnal habits.
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see he's in the papers today with more meaningless guff. Apparently the divide today is between the politics of anger and the politics of answer. So presumably everyone agrees on the answers? Er, no they don't Tony. I'd also suggest he try to understand why some people ARE angry. Probably not easy if you're worth £80m.