HELP! Just upgraded to iOS 8 and no HDMI

Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
Forum Member
✭✭
A couple of days ago I finally upgraded my iPad 3 to the latest OS. What a mistake that turned out to be, after having to do a factory reset to get the damn thing working again, I connect it to my tv to watch a couple of shows, only to find 'this accessory is no longer supported' this is a major problem for me as I prefer to watch via tv whenever possible.

If necessary I will revert to iOS 7, but with the aggravation with the recent update I'm loath to do this, has anybody else had this issue? Did you manage to fix it without restoring?

Comments

• psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot revert back to iOS 7 unfortunately.
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What cable are you using? My 3rd generation iPad still works fine with the Apple HDMI adapter cable, running iOS 8.1.1.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As always, negative Info is always hard to come by, but I do hear anecdotal comments that Apple prevent unlicensed cables from working.
  • Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    As always, negative Info is always hard to come by, but I do hear anecdotal comments that Apple prevent unlicensed cables from working.

I hope that's not it, it was all working perfectly well until the upgrade, looks like it's a trip to Apple to see what they can do

Thanks for all of your responses, really appreciated
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all a bit of an enigma. Going from IOS 6 to IOS 7 was claimed to cause your problem too.

Some people claimed to have gone through 7 'broken' cables thus giving Lightning design a bad reputation, yet one can half wonder if Apple was simply turning each them off after a 'grace period'.