The Shield - Series 5 (US pace) (merged)

Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
Forum Member
✭✭
I have checked the archives and there doesn't seem to be a thread for this series - so here goes... :)

I watched all epsiodes for this season so far, and what a cracking season this is turning out to be, I think I am in love with Vic Mackie - I want him 'walking my beat' any day of the week

Love it, love it, love it.

Can't wait til next week, the final scene in the weeks show left me gasping and clapping my hands in glee :D:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Yay! A thread for possibly the best TV prog of all time! Love it, haven't seen last night's yet so will avoid this thread til I have, but respect for starting it, hopefully it'll be well used.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gah! Series 5! I haven't even seen series 3 yet, I'm so far behind. Is series 3 out on DVD here yet?

*runs to check the shops*
  • Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I would get more action that this,

Sorry Covertfoofle - don't know about the DVD series, but I am sure you can order it online, probably amazon.

Maybe I am the only one watching from DS, but that will mean nobody to discuss the previous nights action with. So many fans, with, it would appear so little to say! or maybe they are afraid the Strike Team may come crashing through their door!

Anyway, long live The Strike Team, and bring back naive 'Glenn Close' new guy sucks!
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have checked the archives and there doesn't seem to be a thread for this series - so here goes... :)

I watched all epsiodes for this season so far, and what a cracking season this is turning out to be, I think I am in love with Vic Mackie - I want him 'walking my beat' any day of the week

Love it, love it, love it.

Can't wait til next week, the final scene in the weeks show left me gasping and clapping my hands in glee :D:D

He's a crooked cop. He's not someone you should be rooting for. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote:

Thats one of the best things about The Shield - Vic is both good and bad ;)

If he was 100% bad/crooked, then I don't think nearly as many would watch the program. He is borderline good/bad and some of his methods are questionable - but that's what makes it great viewing.
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lazz wrote:
    Thats one of the best things about The Shield - Vic is both good and bad ;)

If he was 100% bad/crooked, then I don't think nearly as many would watch the program. He is borderline good/bad and some of his methods are questionable - but that's what makes it great viewing.

Oh, I agree, Lazz. It is such a grey area with this character. I mean, when you see a perp get what he really deserves for some repugnant crime (and I don't mean in an official legal sense), you just have to kind of, for the lack of a better word, cheer. It is so conflicting. LOL :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Gah! Series 5! I haven't even seen series 3 yet, I'm so far behind. Is series 3 out on DVD here yet?

*runs to check the shops*
    Series 3 will NOT be released in the UK apparently not enough interest, although its one of the best shows on tv :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rondel wrote:
    Series 3 will NOT be released in the UK apparently not enough interest, although its one of the best shows on tv :mad:

Gah, it just shows what sort of t.v this country is into when you have programs like Eastenders or Coronation street getting top viewing figures - when a great series like The Shield doesn't even its 3rd season released due to lack of interest.

Your best bet is to probably get it from Ebay
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Wow just watched the 5th episode this show is just getting better this season. When they shot the drug dealer in front of the russian and IAD rushed in and arrested them i really thought that was it.... :eek:

and Forrest Whittakers freak out at the end of the episode this guy really wants Vic bad. :cry:

Teaser for next week looks like he's trying another angle...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    Shame Season 5 is probably going to be the last one. Season 3 was a bit dodgy to me, but Season 4 re-affirmed my faith in the show. It was simply sublime, particularly with Glenn Close in the cast.
  • patsharpatshar Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Any Idea when Series 5 Will be shown in the UK. I noticed that chanel Five seem to be repeating Series 1 & 3 just now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    any chance vic mackey will come to the uk to act in eastenders as a mitchell?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote:

I grudgingly agree with you. I find myself being uncomftable with him being a cop. Lem is the one guy I root for because he cares. But I can't see him leaving them.

Shane is absolute scum (great actor, though!)

The makers are not trying to make this world look good and maybe people who live in that World think "That's how it is!".
    But in making the bad guys look good, and the good guys look bad (incompetent, passive)... is beginning to get on my nerves.
    :(

(EDIT: Don't mean to ruin your thead! :) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hardtarget wrote:
    any chance vic mackey will come to the uk to act in eastenders as a mitchell?

So I'm not the only one who thinks he's like an "American Ross Kemp" then??!

I love this show. Best cop show in years from either side of The Pond. I'd seen the odd episode in isolation on C5 and thought it was excellent. So over Xmas I bought Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, which I'm working my way through right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rondel wrote:
    WHAT!! That's ridiculous. When you can get other shite shows on DVD why can't you get this :mad: ?

BOOOOO!!!
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    I have been thinking of getting the R1 DVDs since there's no sign of a UK release after Season 2, but does anyone know if the US DVDs really are 4:3? The R2's of Series 1 and 2 are 16:9, but the US ones all claim to be 4:3.

Graeme
    Forum Member
    job wrote:
    I grudgingly agree with you. I find myself being uncomftable with him being a cop. Lem is the one guy I root for because he cares. But I can't see him leaving them.

Shane is absolute scum (great actor, though!)

The makers are not trying to make this world look good and maybe people who live in that World think "That's how it is!".
    But in making the bad guys look good, and the good guys look bad (incompetent, passive)... is beginning to get on my nerves.
    :(

(EDIT: Don't mean to ruin your thead! :) )

I have to disagree with some of your points, it's not that black and white. If you look at Dutch and Claudette they're both 'good guys', very good at their jobs and definitely not impassive.

Can't help but root for the Strike Team most of the time anyway, as despite their faults and lack of morals they get the job done!

Was re-watching The Bourne Identity the other day and noticed Walton Goggins (Shane) in a small role. Think that's the first time I've seen him in anything other than The Shield.

PS Ep5 was mental, can't wait for the next one!
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've ended up buying bootlegs off eBay. Curse me if you like, but I don't care. If they aren't going to release it in the UK then this is bound to happen. Just waiting for someone to put series 5 on eBay and I'll buy it staright away!
    Forum Member
    What an arsehole Kavanagh is! First he pressures the info on their relationship with Danny, then he uses it against Carin! What a sneaky bastard!
  • Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay - more fans, watched the latest episode yesterday (took me a while to find it, my usual source didn't have it) and the way Kavanaugh has stepped up the pressure is phenomenal, didn't really like the way he scared Corrine into betraying Vic, but what else could she do.

Still waiting for Aceveda to get his comeuppance (maybe the picture of his servicing that guy will resurface, just in time for his re-election campaign)

I know that I shouldn't really be rooting for Vic, but as previously mentioned he does get the job done, and he has become progressively nicer as the seasons have progressed, series 1 Vic is way different from series 5 Vic, whereas the other members of the Strike Team seem to have remained pretty much the same, apart from Shane's escapades with Antoine Mitchell from last season.

Still...

One of the best shows on TV

P.S - I am not just a fan of Vic, love Claudette and Dutch too, the dynamics between Dutch and the Strike Team can make for some interesting viewing.
    Forum Member
    Have US viewers found out...
    Who the father of Danny's baby is yet? Is it anyone we know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umbongo wrote:
    Have US viewers found out...
    Who the father of Danny's baby is yet? Is it anyone we know?

I haven't seen last nights episode yet but...
    so far we still have found out who the father is
    Forum Member
    ^ Thanks for that info... I wonder who it is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Hi
    Does anyone know when season 5 will be shown in the UK

Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I have been followıng the shield season 5 'digitally' :D

How ever this weeks 8th episode is nowhere to be found. I cheked tv.com and they lıst epısode 8 as shown thıs past tuesday. If anyone can help me 'torrently', I would very much appriciate it

thanks