Options

Why Jade Goody should have never sold her cancer the way she did

STARDUSTIBIZASTARDUSTIBIZA Posts: 66
Forum Member
Im going to be honest jade goody isnt my favourite person after what she done to shilpa i was shocked at what a bully she was at the time though i do remember her bulling sophie in bb2

In saying this i didnt wish her any grave harm as of her to young boys thats still there mother.

My problem is i dont think she should have ever sold her cancer the graphic way she did. letting a crew in to film her hair falling out, the pain and distress of all of it. She says shes making money for her children now and yes doing a panto or the odd interview ok but not her cancer. that footage now remains of their mother in total torment in her last months is that right? she may not be selling her death but all of that suffering should have been done in private and i also believe she has her money made she may have brought up the issue of cervical cancer but she could have done it alot more digified like kylie minogue and many others in the past. That graphic information isnt needed especially as her 2 boys will probabley see and hear this in years to come

I not slagging her off I just saying she could have done this alot more better

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

Wow!

So many Jade threads. It makes baby Jesus cry!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    And what gives you the right to talk about her cancer.
    We live in society where we are free people, free to do what we like. If she wanted to "sell" her story to set up a better future for her children then more power to her.
    It’s the voyeuristic media, who are profiting millions of pounds from her death who should be ashamed. The very same media that were responsible for her rise and fall. She on the other hand has nothing to be ashamed of.
    Also judgmental people who have no idea what is like to face death and face the prospect of leaving two very young children behind. But still feel the need to comment in a negative manor. Those are the people who should be ashamed.
    Also of the shilpa issue, cant people get over that already! She was multi-millionaire movie actress in her late 30's who was being paid 100's of thousands of pounds to live in her house for a week. id hardly classify her as a victim!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sassy ali wrote: »
    We live in society where we are free people, free to do what we like. If she wanted to "sell" her story to set up a better future for her children then more power to her.
    It’s the voyeuristic media, who are profiting millions of pounds from her death who should be ashamed. The very same media that were responsible for her rise and fall. She on the other hand has nothing to be ashamed of.
    Also judgmental people who have no idea what is like to face death and face the prospect of leaving two very young children behind. But still feel the need to comment in a negative manor. Those are the people who should be ashamed.
    Also of the shilpa issue, cant people get over that already! She was multi-millionaire movie actress in her late 30's who was being paid 100's of thousands of pounds to live in her house for a week. id hardly classify her as a victim!

stupid statement
    you say we live in a free society and we are free people yet YOU slag off someone elses post because you dont agree with it?

barmy!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    stupid statement
    you say we live in a free society and we are free people yet YOU slag off someone elses post because you dont agree with it?

Yes free society, free people. It’s my opinion on the Original post, and I discussed the reason why i disagree with it. I didn’t however say the poster was not allowed to have that opinion. I don’t think you fully grasp the concept of free society??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I don't believe she is doing all this publicity and selling her cancer/death just to provide for her kids future..to me she is enjoying all this attention that she had after BB3 because she lost it after Shilpa.

Remember how quickly she became famous and how much money she made and she could do no wrong she made millions, then suddenly it all stopped and nobody wanted to read about her or see her on the telly and her bank balance dropped rapidly..and she tried everything to get back to where she was
    ..now she is everywhere, everyone is talking about her from the Prime Minister to Perez Hilton in his blog..so she won't go and be ill hidden from the world she wants us to see her and she wants to get highly paid so we can see her every day

Now what bugs me is the amount of money she has made from her Cancer, why does she not give some of it away..even to a childrens cancer charity?? she's made a bomb in the past few months and she wasn't exactly poor to begin with, she should leave some of that 'Cancer' money to other Cancer sufferers, but I doubt that will happen
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can only sell her story if someone wants to buy it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    NikkiClo wrote: »
    Well I don't believe she is doing all this publicity and selling her cancer/death just to provide for her kids future..to me she is enjoying all this attention that she had after BB3 because she lost it after Shilpa.

Remember how quickly she became famous and how much money she made and she could do no wrong she made millions, then suddenly it all stopped and nobody wanted to read about her or see her on the telly and her bank balance dropped rapidly..and she tried everything to get back to where she was
    ..now she is everywhere, everyone is talking about her from the Prime Minister to Perez Hilton in his blog..so she won't go and be ill hidden from the world she wants us to see her and she wants to get highly paid so we can see her every day

Now what bugs me is the amount of money she has made from her Cancer, why does she not give some of it away..even to a childrens cancer charity?? she's made a bomb in the past few months and she wasn't exactly poor to begin with, she should leave some of that 'Cancer' money to other Cancer sufferers, but I doubt that will happen

It would be nice if she were to support her local Hospice or, indeed, to donate some monies to the MacMillan Nurses or even The Royal Marsden Hospital.

She may well, of course, have arranged for such provision in her Will - who knows!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    ceb1988 wrote: »
    She can only sell her story if someone wants to buy it.

Good point, but I can't stand this whole circus that's suddenly flared up - suddenly she's everybloodywhere and innocuous threads that have nothing to do with reality tv, or showbiz, or Jade suddenly have posts in them referring to her, and if you don't express sympathy you're tagged as uncaring, or a 'hater'.

Don't get me wrong, I do have huge sympathy for her. To know that you're dying of cancer after undergoing gruelling treatment is terrible enough. Knowing that you're leaving two children behind is unimaginable. But this happens to men and women all the time, outside of the public eye, and we don't have it pushed at us all the time. The PM didn't comment on my mums best friend dying of breast cancer. I've not heard of the Home Office personally interceding in any other case to allow a convicted criminal to dodge his curfew for a night so he can marry his terminally ill fiancee.

Yes, Jades fate is a tragedy, but she's not a special case to anyone other than her family, and I'm getting really fed up with the ever growing hysteria.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Jade is earning money the way she has always known how. I don't particularly agree with it but her intentions seem to be honorable and it will safeguard the future of her sons.

The media circus can always make one feel cynical but people have always been fascinated by Jade, and this is just another (very sad) chapter in a life that has seemingly been lived out on the covers of all the gossip mags.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    jessca wrote: »
    Good point, but I can't stand this whole circus that's suddenly flared up - suddenly she's everybloodywhere and innocuous threads that have nothing to do with reality tv, or showbiz, or Jade suddenly have posts in them referring to her, and if you don't express sympathy you're tagged as uncaring, or a 'hater'.

Don't get me wrong, I do have huge sympathy for her. To know that you're dying of cancer after undergoing gruelling treatment is terrible enough. Knowing that you're leaving two children behind is unimaginable. But this happens to men and women all the time, outside of the public eye, and we don't have it pushed at us all the time. The PM didn't comment on my mums best friend dying of breast cancer. I've not heard of the Home Office personally interceding in any other case to allow a convicted criminal to dodge his curfew for a night so he can marry his terminally ill fiancee.

Yes, Jades fate is a tragedy, but she's not a special case to anyone other than her family, and I'm getting really fed up with the ever growing hysteria.

I completely agree with your last paragraph, my best friend died of cancer just over 10 years ago, it all happened very suddenly no symptoms, apart from a headache which wouldn't go and that's when they discovered she had a brain tumour we were hopeful of it being treated but further tests revealed the cancer was in her spine and other bones to say we were devastated was putting it mildly. She was a divorced mum of a lovely 8 year old boy who when she did pass over was left in the care of his 18 brother from his mum's previous marriage, the rented council house she had was taken back as the older brother wasn't the tenant so they were homeless until a distant relative stepped in.
    I am pleased that Jade is being able to make provision for her lovely boys but it's sad to say there are a lot of tragedies like my friend's going unheard of and with no help at all.
    It would be most appropriate if the newspapers donated money in Jade's to the various Cancer charities and give her some peace and quiet (although I know she is courting the media) to give her two boys memories they can look back on and show their families when they grow up.

piper
  • Options
    goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I am a bit uneasy by it all but maybe that is the way Jade can cope with it all.I don't expect the interviews take that long so I would imagine she is spending most of her time with her boys.I don't know who but people must want to read all about her or watch the show as the media would not be doing all this if there was no profit for them.

Maybe she will leave money to cancer charities we don't know also as piper said the newspapers should donate some of the money they have made from this to cancer charities also,if they have not already done so.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jessca wrote: »

Yes I'm starting to feel like this too. Although I have the utmost of sympathy for her I can't believe she is one of the headlines on the main news! Jack Straw intervening to get her husband his wedding night at home. Crazy! She is a former reality contestant who did incredibly well out of it and I don't think we'll see the likes of her again but haven't things got a little out of proportion? People are dying every single day. Other Mothers are dying in no position to leave their offspring hundreds of thousands of pounds.

I have a theory that we're all suffering from mass guilt. IMO Jade wasn't particularly racist 2 years ago but she did show an absolutely foul temper and a tendency to 'gang up' on a person. I'm not knocking her, a lot of us are the same, I have a foul temper too and would hate to see myself filmed in full force. The hatred meted out to her was, again IMO, way, way over the top. It must have been completely bewildering for her that one minute she's loved and the next almost universally hated (on the main news again!), having her windows put out, screaming headlines on magazines (I remember NOW's WE HATE YOU JADE, disgusting) and newspapers etc. Although it's tragic circumstances that have brought the mass-love/good will towards her again she MUST be basking in the glow ... and good for her. I have absolutely nothing against her and if it makes her last days better, all the better. Jade's just doing what comes naturally - being in the spotlight.

I have concerns about her children seeing the LIVING TV series when they're older too. It might be very distressing for them. It might also be distressing for anyone who has just been diagnosed with cancer - they might be absolutely terrified watching Jade's struggle to stay alive especially if they have the same type. It's just my opinion like I say most people may not feel like that at all.

Let Jade have her lovely wedding, I hope she's well on the day and it all goes perfectly but after that I doubt we'll be hearing so much from her. Having watched and helped nurse my Dad through the final stages of cancer I don't think she'll be up to it for much longer. I wish her all the best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    she is doing it for her kids

she is jst getting as much money as possible for them by doing wat she does best....being in the media

leave it
  • Options
    gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Castanet wrote: »
    It would be nice if she were to support her local Hospice or, indeed, to donate some monies to the MacMillan Nurses or even The Royal Marsden Hospital.

She may well, of course, have arranged for such provision in her Will - who knows!

If she had we would have heard about it.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read that she has taken a selection of photos to be auctioned off and proceeds to cancer charities.

:)
  • Options
    well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That women should show some respect for other sufferers and die quietly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also judgmental people who have no idea what is like to face death and face the prospect of leaving two very young children behind. But still feel the need to comment in a negative manor. Those are the people who should be ashamed.Also of the shilpa issue, cant people get over that already! She was multi-millionaire movie actress in her late 30's who was being paid 100's of thousands of pounds to live in her house for a week. id hardly classify her as a victim!

Also remembering Jade's background and what she's come from. This is all she knows. She didn't become famous through having any great talent - she earned her millions through having herself as the product. She's now still using that to rake in as much money as possible. For once, I have no problem with a zeleb doing that, not now. Let her bring in the wonga, good luck to her in her final weeks.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well2do wrote: »

If there's one time it's okay to put yourself first it's when you're dying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well2do wrote: »

No, she should continue living, and dying, however she sees fit. She doesn't have to take into consideration anyone else right now.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stupid statement

but don't you get it? That means Jade has the same right as anyone else here to talk about her cancer....so yeah, barmy thread all over really. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NikkiClo wrote: »

Why should she give her money to other cancer sufferers? Her money's going to her kids, for their futures. You never know when they're gonna need it, maybe one, or both, of them will fall seriously ill. It happens, will you then begrudge them their money? I'd hope not.

And if she is enjoying all the attention in her final weeks, then let her get on with it but I doubt she's enjoying it nearly as much as she did when she was healthy and thought she had years left to live. In fact, she's probably not enjoying things much at all right now. Can't think why :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TrumpyBumsTrumpyBums Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    A

You obviousley were not watching then, because what I saw was blatant victimisation from Jade and her cronies and the comments they made were digusting and offensive. Why should I forge/t that Jade is an unpleasant person because she is ill and dying?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrumpyBums wrote: »
    You obviousley were not watching then, because what I saw was blatant victimisation from Jade and her cronies and the comments they made were digusting and offensive. Why should I forge/t that Jade is an unpleasant person because she is ill and dying?:confused:

Is? Or was maybe? Maybe she's moved on and if there ever was a time to move on, it's now - for her and for others.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which is what you go on to do.

And surely the divine Jade can't expect people not to talk?

G
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    Why should she give her money to other cancer sufferers? Her money's going to her kids, for their futures. You never know when they're gonna need it, maybe one, or both, of them will fall seriously ill. It happens, will you then begrudge them their money? I'd hope not.

And if she is enjoying all the attention in her final weeks, then let her get on with it but I doubt she's enjoying it nearly as much as she did when she was healthy and thought she had years left to live. In fact, she's probably not enjoying things much at all right now. Can't think why :rolleyes:

Rose, a lot of cancer patients both living and now dead give money for Cancer Research or hospices. They do so because it's a way of helping others to find a cure or to provide the palliative care needed for those who are terminal. I donate to Cancer Research and also to the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice and if, god forbid, I should die early from this illness, I would instruct that instead of flowers, people offered a donation however small to a hospice. If I had a lot of money I would bequeath some of it in my will.

It's not that uncommon.
This discussion has been closed.