Sally and Tyrone's comedy hatred for Kevin

Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone would think Kevin had stolen Sally and Tyrone's sweets in the playground and not hot had an affair and had a child behind there backs the way they are acting. Sally running over to Tyrone's to tell him to get to the garage before Kevin, Sally and Kevin fighting over what bits of furniture they bought and dividing the food up. It seems more comedic and childish than dramatic.

I suppose they will all have made by March. :D

Comments

• PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved them talking about him and Tyrone's day at work

Also
    Tyrone and Sally apparently don't sleep together, it's just a kiss
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    3 months of anguish and crying isn't Corrie's style (and I think more realistic because of it)
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally's reaction was better when Kevin was sleeping with Natalie aka the dire Denise Welch.
    Forum Member
    Sally's reaction was better when Kevin was sleeping with the Natalie aka the dire Denise Welch.

I found that OTT and quite poor acting wise - Sally Dynevor has come on in leaps and bounds since then
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally's a good actress, but at least she smacked Kev around during the Natalie affair lol
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    It started very well in the immediate aftermath of the tram crash but it quickly turned quite silly with the pillow throwing and petty arguing over minor things rather than the actual fact their marriage has fallen apart.

I agree that months of anguish isn't Corrie's style but the serious fallout lasted about a day or two before ending up being funnier than dramatic whether it meant to or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keller wrote: »
    It started very well in the immediate aftermath of the tram crash but it quickly turned quite silly with the pillow throwing and petty arguing over minor things rather than the actual fact their marriage has fallen apart.

I agree that months of anguish isn't Corrie's style but the serious fallout lasted about a day or two before ending up being funnier than dramatic whether it meant to or not.

Yes thats my feeling on it too. The scene between Kevin and Sally after Sally found out about the affair and Baby Jack and they were talking in the darkened living room was brilliant. Now it's gone all comedy and it looks like it's only a matter of time before Sally accepts baby Jack and takes Kevin back.
    Forum Member
    Yes thats my feeling on it too. The scene between Kevin and Sally after Sally found out about the affair and Baby Jack and they were talking in the darkened living room was brilliant. Now it's gone all comedy and it looks like it's only a matter of time before Sally accepts baby Jack and takes Kevin back.

I want her to though! - anyway it's gonna get even more comedy with Sal roping in Eddie to act as her new man and her like Hilda with rollers in, living in a tip to put off potential buyers of the house
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Kevin know about Sally having it off with the garage fella Ian whatsit? I can't remember if he found out and if he did why not bring it up? I flipping would as that was a pretty recent affair of Sally's. She tried it on with John Stape at one point as well.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Kevin know about Sally having it off with the garage fella Ian whatsit? I can't remember if he found out and if he did why not bring it up? I flipping would as that was a pretty recent affair of Sally's. She tried it on with John Stape at one point as well.

kevin does know about sally's affair about garage fella and he hasnt said anything about it and i wanna know why he havent???
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pembo2004 wrote: »
    kevin does know about sally's affair about garage fella and he hasnt said anything about it and i wanna know why he havent???

that would of been one of the 1st things I threw at her moral outrage, I suspect the writers may have forgotten
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,265
    Forum Member
    I was watching the Sian/Sophie bits on youtube, and Kevin came back in with the baby and Sally said "oh your back, I was hoping you got ran over" pmsl :D
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I see nothing wrong with it myself - it's one of the best storylines atm imo
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It gives off the impression to me now that Sally has gone through the anger stage and Kevin is still living there and acting a bit arrogant about it she is doing anything she can think of to irritate him to push him over the edge and leave.
  • Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well, i did wonder how this could be written for the future? - the writers have to move Kevin out of the street or have Sally accept him back? makes me wonder how far in advance the storylines are plotted? - how far in advance do they know where they will take the storyline?
    we had the drama after the crash of Sally finding out about Kevin's affair and the baby - now what are the scriptwriters meant to do with them?
    would seem so unrealistic for Kevin and baby to stay with Sally etc. - but Kevin is a main character... what do others think would/should happen?