Katie Price has had her Baby

Comments

• johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I can't remember Pete ever saying anything about planning to go shopping for his baby and if he didn't why bring him into the discussion.

Because dragging her first ex into the disussion is the only way she can be defended. :rolleyes:
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she does have the channel of actually requesting meetings with suppliers if she did want to do deals. I used Pete as example of wording it differently yet companies still get the idea to send things - many of them scan the media to find celebs who might be interested in their stuff.

She may have just been asking for advice, but if not, its a perk of the job many take. I'm just failing to see how it makes someone a bad mother?

I don't think she is a "bad mother" (well...apart from travelling so late in a difficult pregnancy just so she could have another hol, that I think is pretty bad).

I think she is always after a freebie and gets people's goats up especially when she has been waffling on about "a private pregnancy" and then tweets about the colour of the baby equipment she wants.

For me, in this day and age when families have to use food banks, the way she is seeking "advice" stinks of asking for freebies in an underhand way when she is reported to be loaded.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    I don't think she is a "bad mother" (well...apart from travelling so late in a difficult pregnancy just so she could have another hol, that I think is pretty bad).

I think she is always after a freebie and gets people's goats up especially when she has been waffling on about "a private pregnancy" and then tweets about the colour of the baby equipment she wants.

For me, in this day and age when families have to use food banks, the way she is seeking "advice" stinks of asking for freebies in an underhand way when she is reported to be loaded.

^^^
    This!!!
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember Pete ever saying anything about planning to go shopping for his baby and if he didn't why bring him into the discussion.

He hasn't. Product placement is one thing but imo begging (because thats what it amounts to) on twitter from a wealthy person is disgusting. If Pete went on twitter and put similar things on there that she has put , l would be slating him, not pretending he hadn't done it. !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Because dragging her first ex into the disussion is the only way she can be defended. :rolleyes:

I stopped posting on the PA thread because of the bile I got from mentioning KP.

Would be nice if those defending KP could use other celebs as examples apart from all her ex's.
  • LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't make her a bad mother in my eyes (but do believe it is the wrong time to ask/recommend/ask advice whatever way you want to word it) but it does make her come across as bloody cheap...and that goes for all so called celebs who try and get freebies when they can afford everything they need, while us mere mortals have to work hard to struggle by.
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If that is what she's doing, i don't disagree :cool:
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Personally I wasn't making any comment on her mothering skills, more that, as I think Caitlin Moran described her, she's 'a gimlet-eyed marketing machine'. Very few twitter updates for her loyal fans when they were desperate for news of her and Jett but then a tweet which appears to be angling for deals on baby equipment. But that's how she is, surprised her supporters don't embrace it and say it shows her business nous rather than try to say it doesn't happen :)

BIB - Yes, that's what she is so I don't know why anyone is surprised when she reverts to type.

I don't understand the blind loyalty of her fans but then I don't understand the criticism every time she breathes. She is who she is, she isn't going to change. She sees the £££££ in everything she does but, in this particular case, I fail to see how this one scenario means she isn't a genuine and loving mother. I could mention many other situations which would bring her parenting skills into question but this, on it's own, is pretty insignificant and does seem to me like just another excuse for some to spout venom
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorise wrote: »
    It doesn't make her a bad mother in my eyes (but do believe it is the wrong time to ask/recommend/ask advice whatever way you want to word it) but it does make her come across as bloody cheap...and that goes for all so called celebs who try and get freebies when they can afford everything they need, while us mere mortals have to work hard to struggle by.

Kate Thornton's weetabix tweet ad from a few days ago is much lower than this IMO.

With the help of @Weetabix gearing up to a new school year. I grew up on them for breakfast, now my son is too. Fuel for school! #ad

Now that's what you call using your kid! Doesn't make her a bad mother or anything but still.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    it's "hypothetical".

if he tweeted "i saw emily and we are shopping for the baby"

If you have a problem with me using pete replace pete with simon cowell (same height). same difference.

What has height got to do with it, I suppose that is another dig and one I noticed kept people amused for quite some time on another thread
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    BIB - Yes, that's what she is so I don't know why anyone is surprised when she reverts to type.

I don't understand the blind loyalty of her fans but then I don't understand the criticism every time she breathes. She is who she is, she isn't going to change. She sees the £££££ in everything she does but, in this particular case, I fail to see how this one scenario means she isn't a genuine and loving mother. I could mention many other situations which would bring her parenting skills into question but this, on it's own, is pretty insignificant and does seem to me like just another excuse for some to spout venom

Well said, Blondie. It does reek of 'proof of what an awful person she is'.

KP's cheap as chips, always has been, always will be. Her hinting for freebies on twitter may not be particularly dignified :eek: *GASP!! Who Knew?!* :eek: but it's hardly grounds for the type of disapproval she's generating here.

Presumably if she's back on the prowl for freebies, Jett's doing well.
  • LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate Thornton's weetabix tweet ad from a few days ago is much lower than this IMO.

With the help of @Weetabix gearing up to a new school year. I grew up on them for breakfast, now my son is too. Fuel for school! #ad

Now that's what you call using your kid! Doesn't make her a bad mother or anything but still.

Like I said, doesn't make KP a bad mother and like I also said other celebs are just as bad in my eyes when they beg/request/thank/recommend....So that includes KP and Kate Thornton and count less others, it all comes across as begging to me IMO
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Personally I wasn't making any comment on her mothering skills, more that, as I think Caitlin Moran described her, she's 'a gimlet-eyed marketing machine'. Very few twitter updates for her loyal fans when they were desperate for news of her and Jett but then a tweet which appears to be angling for deals on baby equipment. But that's how she is, surprised her supporters don't embrace it and say it shows her business nous rather than try to say it doesn't happen :)

Gimlet-eyed marketing machine, very true, and one that many companies have been grateful to after shes promoted a purchase from them on twitter, as far as updates on jett, didnt think anyone could condemn a mum recovering from surgery while looking after her prem baby and s/n son for that ! but there you go :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

couldn't agree more - also wasn't kp recently in trouble for using twitter to promote a certain choccie bar?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/advertising/rio-katie-and-the-twitter-snickers-adverts-that-left-mars-feeling-bitter-6295398.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lion5 wrote: »
    couldn't agree more - also wasn't kp recently in trouble for using twitter to promote a certain choccie bar?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/advertising/rio-katie-and-the-twitter-snickers-adverts-that-left-mars-feeling-bitter-6295398.html

Rio Ferdinand as well, he's like a-list. Puts our kate in great company! I see Pete wasn't on the list? :)

All celebs do this stuff, its just a different form of advertising - though i dont agree with using kids as if its the kids endorsing. Blagging products is something i'm less supportive of, as has been said, they have enough money. But its been going on since before KP was born so i just see it as their perk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rio Ferdinand as well, he's like a-list. Puts our kate in great company! I see Pete wasn't on the list? :)

All celebs do this stuff, its just a different form of advertising - though i dont agree with using kids as if its the kids endorsing. Blagging products is something i'm less supportive of, as has been said, they have enough money. But its been going on since before KP was born so i just see it as their perk.

BIB - Please give it a rest Cyril with mentioning PA in nearly every ones of your posts, it's getting to be like you are trying to get a rise out of posters on this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - Please give it a rest Cyril with mentioning PA in nearly every ones of your posts, it's getting to be like you are trying to get a rise out of posters on this thread.

Oh so sorry, wasn't the intention. noted! :)
  • Holly_EvansHolly_Evans Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So in one page it's gone from "she's not begging" "other celebs do it" it's ok cos Peter does it"
    "Peter wasn't on the list" Not enough eye rolls available.

Doesn't make a bad mother to beg but having to post for "advice " TWICE ,looks desperate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member

Nor would he be expected to be, as I believe he has not as yet used twitter to get free products or tried to boost his income by praising certain products on twitter

Do you really believe Rio is an A-list celebrity!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So in one page it's gone from "she's not begging" "other celebs do it" it's ok cos Peter does it"

What she said wasn't directly asking for products - she asked for advice.

I thought the point was if she was hinting, then she joins a long list of others. And according to other posters here, she has apparently given testimonials for products before? I don't know as i don't really read her twitter.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doesn't make a bad mother to beg but having to post for "advice " TWICE ,looks desperate.

Well said. :D:D:D
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nor would he be expected to be, as I believe he has not as yet used twitter to get free products or tried to boost his income by praising certain products on twitter

Do you really believe Rio is an A-list celebrity!!!

Depends on your definition. With 80+ England caps and an almost 20 year career as a premier league player, I'd say he's A list as far as sport is concerned. However, many people don't see sportspeople as celebrities, just famous as a byproduct of their job.

As he's more famous for his talent than anything else, then that makes him many levels above most of the people discussed on this forum
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's "hypothetical".

if he tweeted "i saw emily and we are shopping for the baby"

If you have a problem with me using pete replace pete with simon cowell (same height). same difference.

But higher waistband and profile ;)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So let me get this right... Asking for advice makes you a BAD mother now???
    So the next time my nephew asks me for advice about what he needs for his daughter I should tell him he is a bad parent?? :rolleyes:
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her fans say she is only asking for advice,i say she got plenty of advice the last time she tried to blag baby stuff,maybe the shops they recommended wasn't good enough for her,or more likely she didn't get the goods she wanted,which forced her to have to ask advice again:rolleyes: She's nothing but a mooch.
This discussion has been closed.