Comments

• PrinceOfDenmarkPrinceOfDenmark Posts: 2,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can one be 'caught of a car crash'?
  • batgirlbatgirl Posts: 42,248
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    Thrilling, isn't it? It's like being caught of a newsroom.

Thanks for the update. And Blondie, thank you. My life is on hold.
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And he managed to compare it with Princess Diana's death - which he heard of in '87, 10 years before it happened.
    Well, she did often seem like a car crash waiting to happen ;)
  • Retro-bRetro-b Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Is the OP just another one of those eccentric nutters or is it all just an act? One or two eccentricities is understandable, but the amount of BS he comes out with just reeks of someone who is trying way too hard.

Subjective view of what he thinks happened. Another shite poster posting something for his own benefit with little regard for anyone else reading. Avoid.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

:D:D:D

I really hate to correct anyone's grammar, but I believe precedent dictates it's "caught of newsroom"

yours Hitler x
    (still alive, living up north)
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Our reporter John Swill is standing next to a car which may well be similar to the car which may have been at the crash of which David Beckham may have been caught, is there anything more you can tell us, John?
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can one be 'caught of a car crash'?

I have no idea. The thread title or OP makes no sense. Perhaps it's a regional thing but I frankly have no idea what it means at all. :confused:
  • AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our reporter John Swill is standing next to a car which may well be similar to the car which may have been at the crash of which David Beckham may have been caught, is there anything more you can tell us, John?
    I owned a car once. Still do. Is that any help?

:D
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    I owned a car once. Still do. Is that any help?

:D

Spooky... so did I! I wonder if it is the same one and whether Beckham ever caught of a crash with it?
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    this's was how Michael Schumaccers. Accident was reported and now look at him

What, that he pranged his car? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    What's so special about him?
    David and Victoria Beckham, the worlds most famous celebrity washed has been couple who're still trying to cling on to the last shards of their fame and're kept alive by constant publicity and attention in the media
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apparently Dave who is the apprentice in the respray area of Mr Beckhams local garage will be available in about 30 minutes to let us know how the repairs are coming on.

Meanwhile, our sports reporter will be interviewing Harry Redknapp through the window of his Range Rover to hear his views
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    motsy wrote: »
    What's so special about him?
    David and Victoria Beckham, the worlds most famous celebrity washed has been couple who're still trying to cling on to the last shards of their fame and're kept alive by constant publicity and attention in the media

Well Victoria seems to be doing quite well with her fashion label, and I think they're pretty well engrained in UK celebrity culture not to have to court it. Nor do I think their celebrity status has waned or will anytime soon.
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    Spooky... so did I! I wonder if it is the same one and whether Beckham ever caught of a crash with it?

That's uncanny. I don't own a car but if I did I think there is a very real chance that I may one day be caught of a crash in it. Which is a sobering thought.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What in hell's name does 'caught of a car crash' mean?

I think that it is the OPs weird way of putting words together.
    In another thread, where he obviously meant, "When I was at university",
    he has typed, "Why I was at university."
    Unless he meant "While I was at university."
  • SpyInsiderSpyInsider Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was reported yesterday, both are fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    'Caught of car crash'

?

What does that mean?

Maybe they meant 'sort of car crash' but not really...
  • Malcolm_ReedMalcolm_Reed Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Photos of the crash are here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-30278070

Its a miracle the two of them got out of that alive!

It was said in the OP that the crash was reminiscent of the Princess Diana death (in Paris ) - when you see this photo of Beckhams car it really does strike to the bone.

Also Brooklyn (Beckhams son) has now been involved in 3 separate car crashes... :o
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was said in the OP that the crash was reminiscent of the Princess Diana death (in Paris ) - when you see this photo of Beckhams car it really does strike to the bone.

Also Brooklyn (Beckhams son) has now been involved in 3 separate car crashes... :o

BIB - Are you a comedian? Beckham's car just has relatively minor damage to the bodywork on the front door and over the front wheel, hardly looks life threatening.

And thanks again for pointing out who Brooklyn is.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIB - Are you a comedian? Beckham's car just has relatively minor damage to the bodywork on the front door and over the front wheel, hardly looks life threatening.

Glad it isn't just me who thought that. It looks like a shunt rather than a death defying smash
  • Malcolm_ReedMalcolm_Reed Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Davids car is the one that is wrecked.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davids car is the one that is wrecked.

His car is the one on the right in that picture.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    The newspapers made out they were close to death but judging from the pictures of the car I highly doubt it :D
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,175
    Forum Member

You still haven't explained why you headed this thread, "Caught of car crash" which has created far more interest than what happened to the has been, over the hill Beckham. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    If he had been driving the car on the left rather than his much larger RS6, the title of the thread should have read:

"Horror of David Beckham caught of driving an insignificant small silver Mitsubishi!"

which, by the way is showing off its crumple zones most perfectly, even against a Beckhamobile :D

Malcolm_Reed are you even reading everybody else's comments on your thread? :p

Glad they're all ok :)