Forum Member
✭✭✭
My dog dreams alot but nothing like this.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LzMAXqu8qU&feature=play

Comments

• EdwardPEdwardP Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog sleeps in the next room and still manages to wake me with his whimpering!
  • boolaaboolaa Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine yaps growls and woofs in her sleep with her mouth shut :D She also sleeps in the next room and wakes us!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's terrible:D
  • shakeyershammyshakeyershammy Posts: 18,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My black lab does some dreaming... his paws go like mad, like he's chasing something, and he growls and does a feeble 'woof' now and again. He has me in stitches at his antics. :D
    Oh, and his snoring is something else......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My black lab does some dreaming... his paws go like mad, like he's chasing something, and he growls an does a feeble 'woof' now and again. He has me in stitches at his antics. :D
    Oh, and his snoring is something else......

My dog is the same. He's all legs/paws up in the air, shuffling around and making noises in between his snoring:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    My cat Darcey dreams alot, especially on her cushion which is next to the monitor, she's lying there now as I type this, sometimes her paws are twitching and moving, she whimpers, meows, her tail flicks back and forth which can be anoying as it drapes over the keyboard.
    On one occasion she was making such a commotion her sister got off the couch and came up to see what was going on.

Piper
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piper4 wrote: »
    My cat Darcey dreams alot, especially on her cushion which is next to the monitor, she's lying there now as I type this, sometimes her paws are twitching and moving, she whimpers, meows, her tail flicks back and forth which can be anoying as it drapes over the keyboard.
    On one occasion she was making such a commotion her sister got off the couch and came up to see what was going on.

Piper

My Aunt in London had cats like that. They lazed around all day and dreamed. Then my horrid aunt would go over and knock them about:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    That is not normal.

The dog looks as if it is fitting or something

It has probably been given something in order to react just like that for the 'performance' value

:(:mad:
  • XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    That is not normal.

The dog looks as if it is fitting or something

It has probably been given something in order to react just like that for the 'performance' value

:(:mad:

Yeah, that's not normal. :(

My dog sleep woofs. Sometimes he lets out a loud bark and then looks up, startled, as if to say "where did that come from? Oh, yes it was me!" :) It's a funny noise, not the same as his normal bark.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is completely normal for dogs to dream and run in thier sleep. All the dogs I have have done this, they growl and snap at imaginary flies too. My first dog used to look like she was having a fit but she would wake up instantly if you wanted to snap her out of it. . This dog just does it to the extreme. You can see that his legs are running as opposed to fitting if you look at the rhythem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    My dog dreams alot but nothing like this.:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LzMAXqu8qU&feature=play

You certainly couldn't have him sleep upstairs could you. You would think theres an intruder lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When animals sleep like this it is called Rapid Eye Movement sleep (REM sleep). Studies on humans show that it is during REM sleep that we have our most vivid dreams & it is the time that short term memory gets consolidated into long term memory so it is vital for learning about new things.

It is also vital that animals go through this type of sleep & should not really be disturbed during REM sleep (unless they are in danger). If we are woken up during REM sleep people report that they can remember their dreams more vividly (& not always pleasant dreams). REM sleep allows us to learn about dangerous things & keeps the neural circuits for our fight or flight mechanisms active. We can only assume that is the same for dogs & cats.