Options

Students Starting Uni in 2010?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 920
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey, I'm a student from N.Ireland moving to Leeds to study Psychology in September 2010.

Was just wondering if there are any other students on here and if so where are you going/what are you studying?

Comments

• Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    I'm a mature student and i'm going to Salford to study Social Work, really can't wait to start although i'm a little nervous about going back to education!

I am only 25 and met 2 people older than me at my interview so know i am not the only mature student but it's been 7 years so i am a bit out of practice!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm from London going Leeds too! :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katiemack wrote: »
    I'm a mature student and i'm going to Salford to study Social Work, really can't wait to start although i'm a little nervous about going back to education!

I am only 25 and met 2 people older than me at my interview so know i am not the only mature student but it's been 7 years so i am a bit out of practice!!

Not a problem. What you lack in study sharp-ness, you'll make up for in experience. That's what I found.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I'm a mature student too, studying adult nursing in September at Oxford Brookes :)

I'm doing an access course at the moment (for over 21's) and there are loads of mature students going in for nursing and social work, there are several people in my classes in their mid-40's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,543
    Forum Member
    I'm Alex, 18 and moving from (near) Blackpool to Bristol (probably) to do French and Russian. Wish I was going abroad though!
  • Options
    lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey I'm studying law at Lancaster or Manchester from September. Exciting times!