Options

Live Millionaire tonight. ITV 9pm.

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What made it more ironic with Chris & James's downfall was the question about the Cheeky Vimto. If Evans was watching Chris Moyles Quiz Night recently he would've got the answer. Moyles was giving one to Charlotte Church and she was mentioning what was in the drink.

Did anyone notice Evans throwing the snowball prop to Chris Tarrant?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes saw him throw something at Tarrant but it happened very
    quickly and thought it was a football. Thanks for clearing that up
  • Options
    drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T Penery wrote: »
    If Evans was watching Chris Moyles Quiz Night recently he would've got the answer. Moyles was giving one to Charlotte Church
    :eek: I know C4 are desperate to shock these days, but that's going way too far.
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this may well backfire on ITV in the longer term by seeking to get more viewers two nights before Christmas by trying to bribe viewers. Future celebrity couples may well not want to go on the show if half the cash they win isn't going to charity. It was also a contrick on the viewers at the end to hand half the cash to someone in the audience after saying at the start that someone at home could win it. I'd be surprised if they ever do another live show at Christmas or any other time of the year.
  • Options
    fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this may well backfire on ITV in the longer term by seeking to get more viewers two nights before Christmas by trying to bribe viewers. Future celebrity couples may well not want to go on the show if half the cash they win isn't going to charity. It was also a contrick on the viewers at the end to hand half the cash to someone in the audience after saying at the start that someone at home could win it. I'd be surprised if they ever do another live show at Christmas or any other time of the year.

They never said the third amount of money would go to viewers??? Was only ever the first two. They'd have to do it that way as there's no guarantee they would get to the third couple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that the celebs get half of the money EACH (so Evans and James got £500 EACH to go to their charity), and then the viewer winner also wins £500.
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Zeddie wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that the celebs get half of the money EACH (so Evans and James got £500 EACH to go to their charity), and then the viewer winner also wins £500.

They got half the money between them. ie £250 each for their chosen charities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodwin wrote: »
    They got half the money between them. ie £250 each for their chosen charities.

Why did Tarrant keep saying "You've won £500 again!" to Evans then?

Is there any confirmation of your claim that each celeb won basically a quarter of their overall prize money?
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeddie wrote: »
    Why did Tarrant keep saying "You've won £500 again!" to Evans then?

Is there any confirmation of your claim that each celeb won basically a quarter of their overall prize money?

I didnt actually see the Evans part, but if they won £1000 , under the ITV new rules that would mean £500 to a viewer leaving £ 500 to be split between the two contestants charities , so £250 each.

The rules were highlighted by a previous poster
    sstripling wrote: »
    WRONG!! To end the arguement once and for all...

Itv website

And there's a further surprise in store... not only will the celebrities be playing to win money for charity, they will also be playing for the audience at home. The money the celebrity pair wins will be shared 50/50 between the charity... and a lucky viewer!

http://millionaire.itv.com/christmasshow.php
  • Options
    spoonfulofsensespoonfulofsense Posts: 2,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fairy_ wrote: »
    I thought it was great, I liked the fast-paced nature of the show and thought Chris Tarrant came across well, he was in control the whole time.

Re the 50/50 viewers and charity thing, I don't have a problem with it. It's not as if the charities didn't get any money and £37,500 is still a massive amount of money to be split between two charities. I think it gave the format a nice twist to have it shared with viewers, and like someone said the revenues from these calls makes up a portion of the prize money anyway.

Also, I think they had no choice but to have 4 couples there, what if the first three had all crashed out early like Chris Evans??? Always had to have a standy-by couple who would have known that it was unlikely they would get on-air.

Very well done overall.

I think you'll find the title of the show kind of bounds them into the prize money they give no?
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if they ever do another live show at Christmas or any other time of the year.
    With last nights ratings, I'd be surprised if they didnt.
  • Options
    slammer-manslammer-man Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    T Penery wrote: »
    When they record the show they tend to leave out the music for the first level and bring in the music for questions 3 onwards. I will admit when I was reading the credits last night the show was not using the same production team they have use regularly. It gave the impression either they wanted a different team to run a live show or the crew couldn't get to Elstree due to the snow. This could also explain the limited number of cameras used.

I know, i was only playing around :p But it had to be said that they did very well on the live show and ditched a few features that made a pre recorded show great for normal viewing.

Finally, evenly though they rush alot of questions towards the end, i kinda enjoyed that because they was question after question rather then chit chat which I don't really care about. The speed of the questions went more fast compared to the USA version, wow.

I mean thats why i tuned in " to watch a quiz show". Ditch the chit chat in the new series and focus on the gameplay in Millonaire.
  • Options
    -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What left the people of Cumbria shaken?

Was anybody expecting an option "Derrick Bird" or is that bad taste?

I honestly thought that answer was going to come up :eek: