Freeview multiplex disappeared - how to get it back?

2»

Comments

• DX30DX30 Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said it is nowt to do width tuner.

The tuner doesn't demodulate ,it frequency shifts to a IF using a local oscillator into a mixer .
    The IF output is filtered and then it is fed into the demodulator .
    The demodulator can be QPSK,16QAM,64QAM or usually with HD , cos of the extra data capacity 256QAM.

After all this the decoder is MPEG 2 or MPEG 4.

So DVB-T 2 is the modulation method and usually MPEG 4 encoding ,nuffing to do with the tuner

So even if the tuning process is now on super dooper silicon tuner chips ,the basic principle is the same .

So go stand in t,he corner with a white pointed cap with the letter D on it .
    Ah sorry, I didn't recognise you first time round. All is now clear :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    DX30 wrote: »
    Ah sorry, I didn't recognise you first time round. All is now clear :D

Just teasing
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you give us the model number, 1080p does not mean it can receive "Freeview HD" only that it will display 1080p pictures from an external source at that resolution (e.g. Blu-ray). The hand book will tell you if it is "Freeview HD" capable or not, otherwise with the model number someone on this forum will know.

Technika 32-2000. I'm saying "Freeview HD" because it gets some HD channels on Freeview.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    Technika 32-2000. I'm saying "Freeview HD" because it gets some HD channels on Freeview.
    You can download a manual from here

http://ttselectrical.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/page/38

The first page of the manual mentions Freeview HD channels and has the Freeview HD logo and there is mention in the specs of a DVB-T2 tuner. All of which tends to suggest it is indeed Freeview HD.
  • DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    You can download a manual from here

http://ttselectrical.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/page/38

The first page of the manual mentions Freeview HD channels and has the Freeview HD logo and there is mention in the specs of a DVB-T2 tuner. All of which tends to suggest it is indeed Freeview HD.

Ta muchly. While it's not feasible to swap the cables around in my main room, so the Technika gets the one from the big TV, as I don't want to go behind it unnecessarily and accidentally have an accident... but I could take the Technika into another room where there's more space and try it there.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Dr.OliverTwichDr.OliverTwich Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The issue with the Technika not receiving the COM7 multiplex (the weaker signal) is almost certainly due to the aerial (being wrong group) OR a poor termination / damaged cable feeding to that TV OR something like hdmi-cable interference due to the proximity of a hdmi-cable and the aerial cable feeding the Technika...

The solution is probably to go behind the main TV if that is where the aerial cable comes into the room, is split and fed onwards... As much as that may cause another cable to be disturbed and give other issues... Care, some manual dexterity and patience is all that is needed - probably. It may just need two cables separating that are currently too close, or a plug re-seating properly having worked loose over time?

If in real doubt about your own ability to do this then you need to bite the bullet and pay a man who can to come in and do it for you.

When I got a new AV cabinet for my TV and other kit I accidentally damaged one coax cable by pulling on it somehow during the re-installation ... that upset only one mux... a quick re-terminate of the plug and cable and all came good. Finding the dodgy lead took longer than the fix!