Options

Is it a bit wrong that Zayn & Geneva are an item??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
He is 17 and she is 20.

Is it just me that finds it a little odd for a 20 year old girl to go out with a 17 year old boy?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a293246/zayn-malik-confirms-belle-amie-romance.html

He cant even buy her a drink in a pub

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol .. you think a 3 year age difference is cradle snatching?

No one would be saying anything if the ages were the other way around I bet

I don't see anything wrong with it at all ... let them enjoy themselves
  • Options
    spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is 17 and she is 20.

Is it just me that finds it a little odd and a bit like cradle snatching??

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a293246/zayn-malik-confirms-belle-amie-romance.html

Which one is Geneva?

Of course its not cradle snatching - there's only 3 years between them FGS!!!

if there were 30 years between them then there might be an argument - e.g, Wagner and Geneva!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a bit odd that you find it a bit odd.
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Most girls her age or younger tend to go for someone that's a bit older than they are.I had to laugh at the the tweet to his fans...are there really going to be girls that are going to get jealous :eek:
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,757
    Forum Member
    Yes. She could do far better. He's a berk.
  • Options
    idlewildgirlidlewildgirl Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went out with a 17 year old when I was 21, don't see the problem really! She is taller than him though which doesn't help!
  • Options
    northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it a bit wrong? um NO!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    It might not even be three years he is nearly 18 and she may only just be 20. I think they lood good together and if it was the other way round and he was 20 it would not even be mentioned.
  • Options
    UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's jealous teenage girls who think it's a bit wrong that are a bit wrong.

Make that a lot wrong.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    It's not wrong but it is a bit odd. Boys are about 3 years behind girls at that age, so the reason it seems weird is that he is technically a 14 year old mind to her 20 year old mind. That's also why it isn't odd the other way around.
    I have a 17 year old stepson and he is a child in body and brain. However a know a few 20 year old women who are very mature adults, earning their own money or carving out careers.
    I'm not saying all 17 year old boys are all the same but they are usually very immature.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, what - are you nuts?!? :confused:

The only people who think its wrong are sort of people like those idiots on twitter screaming abuse at Geneva because they're incredibly immature and can't cope with the fact that Zayn has an life of his own. :rolleyes: :p

fefster wrote: »
    It's not wrong but it is a bit odd. Boys are about 3 years behind girls at that age, so the reason it seems weird is that he is technically a 14 year old mind to her 20 year old mind. That's also why it isn't odd the other way around.
    That's total rubbish. The only time that girls are developmentally different from boys is in their early teens when they're going through puberty much earlier than boys. By the time they're 17 things have levelled out. The only difference is in the overactive imagination of some adults. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Oh, I thought she was a lot older than that. It's not really weird, I guess. It's a little odd in that girls usually don't date guys younger than them (at that age, anyway), but it's not really.
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    What a lovely sweeping generalisation.
  • Options
    pgw71pgw71 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not at all wrong, but it is unusual.

My daughter is 21, and I couldn't see her pairing up with any of the 17/18 year olds I know, who all seem very immature by comparison.

Geneva does come across as being quite worldly wise and 'older than her years' for some reason, whereas he appears quite juvenile and immature.

Of course, its only an impression based on TV, perhaps it is not so in real life :confused:
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a 17 year old stepson and he is a child in body and brain. However a know a few 20 year old women who are very mature adults, earning their own money or carving out careers.
    I'm not saying all 17 year old boys are all the same but they are usually very immature.

I disagree with the statement in bold. There's probably little scientific evidence to suggest this, and as a secondary school teacher I have to say that I teach some very immature 16 year old boys, but equally I teach some very immature 16 year old girls, and vice versa in terms of the mature ones.

I think too often people use the 'males are more immature than females' argue to encourage older to younger male to female relationships (which is a product of a patriarchal society) whilst also giving teenage boys an excuse to plead immaturity if caught doing something wrong. (By the way, I'm not saying you're doing this, just that your post might be construed in this way.) There are other factors that have a far greater bearing on someone's maturity than their gender, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    What a lovely sweeping generalisation.

Strange you forgot the bit about me putting that not all 17 year old boys are the same. Pick & choose why dontcha?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly anyway, what does it all matter. He's over 16 - he could happily date Mary if he wanted. Leave his love life up to him. I don't think he needs 'protecting'. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    there seems to be quite alot of women much older than geneva that would not say no to Aiden at 19, quite a few who post on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    scar123 wrote: »
    there seems to be quite alot of women much older than geneva that would not say no to Aiden at 19, quite a few who post on here.

19 is a whole 2 years. Alot can happen in 2 years :p
  • Options
    statelessstateless Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who gets to decide that this is wrong? It's ludicrous. I'm sure they're perfectly able to decide. You probably fancy him and just don't like the fact that he's in a relationship. Think about your own motives for saying something before you pry into other people's lives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scar123 wrote: »
    There's plenty of women (and men!) posting on here quite a bit older than Geneva would would not say no to any of One Direction, I suspect! :p;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So which one is Geneva?
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    spiidey wrote: »
    So which one is Geneva?

The one in the grey sequined dress/red bag

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7193/belleamieaddsomeglamour.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »

Thank you :)

Thought he would have made a better couple with the one second from left.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't see what the big deal is, unless you're a 12 year old girl who wants to throw insults. I feel really sorry for the poor girl as she's had some awful stuff sent to her on Twitter. She's handling it a lot better than I would and, yes, I'm older than her!

I'd be tempted to rub their stupid, illiterate, fangirl noses in it!