When are you taking Christmas tree and decorations down?

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now that we are almost at the end of Boxing day when when will you be taking down you Christmas Tree down?

Do you wait for the full 12 days of Christmas thing?

Think i will be taking mine down on New years eve ready for a fresh start for the new year.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I love my Christmas tree. I begrudging take it down halfway through February! :):o
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    all down and away..we do that every year..we don't have family visiting and never do so no point keeping it all here after the day
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I want to take it down, but hubby wants it until new year.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling the tree will be taken down tomorrow, it looks sad after the event.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually take mine down the first day of the school term, easier without a 'helper'. This year it will be 4th January.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to wait for the twelve night, but I'm not sure the tree can make it. I haven't opened the curtains for a week because it would take half the needles out. Neighbours must be wondering what the hell I'm hiding.
  • fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Sometime after Christmas next year.

We never got round to putting ours up this year :o
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably some time this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine will be down on the 2nd, only because the estate agent is coming to take photos later in the week and I need to get the house looking tidy.
  • lebbon1985lebbon1985 Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Never put one up in the first place . I liveby myself and tend to spend christmas away so tend not to bother with christmas decorations.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the point of Christmas decorations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the point of Christmas decorations.

People who celebrate Christmas often enjoy decorating their homes to enhance the festive mood.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have to as I didn't put any up!
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the 3rd so all clear for start work again on the 4th.
  • tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    before new year
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My grandmother always used to wait 13 days before taking the Christmas decorations.
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    On the 6th January, which I believe is the twelfth day of Christmas (even though I can't get the maths to work)
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took ours down today - no more doggie worries and we are back to work tomorrow so Christmas is over for us anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    On the 6th January, which I believe is the twelfth day of Christmas (even though I can't get the maths to work)

Yes. That's right.
  • LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to do it by the book (or by my mums rules lol) 12 days before 12 after but i usually take it down 2nd Jan, once the festivities are over.
  • MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Yes. That's right.

Actually its a moot point early man believed the the new day started when the sun went down, Christmas day would have started at sundown on the 24th, therefore 12th night would be 5th Jan with 6th Jan being 12th day, we now think of a day as day/ night rather than night /day so we tend to take the deccies down by the 6th
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the 6th of January which is also my eldest sons birthday.

All the Wally's who put theirs up in September always take the mickey because mine are still up :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »

I do it then too.
  • BedlemBedlem Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't bother to put one up.

Good luck packing all that shIt down. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madamfluff wrote: »
    Actually its a moot point early man believed the the new day started when the sun went down, Christmas day would have started at sundown on the 24th, therefore 12th night would be 5th Jan with 6th Jan being 12th day, we now think of a day as day/ night rather than night /day so we tend to take the deccies down by the 6th

Maybe, but I just meant in traditional terms.