Pulling

tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I stumbled across this programme last night and it made me laugh.

Comments

• gargleroadsidegargleroadside Posts: 4,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see it. Why did it make you laugh? What was it about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was very funny, also.

It's about three women. One ditches her boyfriend of four years on the eve of her wedding and moves in with her two single friends - both serious serial shaggers. It vered between regular sitcom territory, and some outlandish sexual behaviour (commendable to the cast), to some truly unbeliveable, but funny situations (after dumping her boyf, one character also decides to quit her job as a Marketing Manager. However, it turns out she never was Marketing Manager, but Marketing Manager's PA, and an HR error means she has been paid twice what she should. She goes for a high powered job of £150,000 a year, gets it, but is obviously completely useless, and tries to inspire a potential new German client by quoting Hitler!)

it is very, very rude and very un-pc and wonderfully performed, going from zany comedy to tradgedy in a blink of an eye. Worth catching.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would i be right in thinking that this is the second series?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it by accident too, the bit with him using the leaf of the rubber plant was :eek: but funny. I enjoyed it a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinman wrote:
    Would i be right in thinking that this is the second series?

I think you would be wrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    McSpanky wrote:
    I think you would be wrong

I was half right :o
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've taped this to watch over the weekend, sounds good though!
    It is brand new, and being in BBC3 there are a few more chances to catch it :D
    Pulling homepage
  • Paully_CPaully_C Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote:
    I've taped this to watch over the weekend, sounds good though!
    It is brand new, and being in BBC3 there are a few more chances to catch it :D
    Pulling homepage

God, I loved the first 2 eps of Pulling when I watched them online. REALLY well written, great performances, and a good few 'gasp' moments where the comedy was utterly outrageous. Hurray for Pulling!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    This is my first post - so be gentle.

Saw the first episode online. Jaw dropped to the floor. It was soooooo un-pc, but sooooooo funny. Missed the second episode because they're not keeping them all online like they did with the others. Just a new one each week. Bad BBC Three. :cry:
  • enterfunnynameenterfunnyname Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How funny is this show the best thing to come from BBC 3 since smoking room/mighty Boosh, Hav any one else seen it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me this is the best programme on TV at the moment. I was cringing at the 'funeral' scene, hilarious! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    Im really liking it, loved the do i know you scene in the supermarket when she goes, did we snog? did i give you bit of palm? :eek: lol when she finds out she teaches his son PMSL :D:D
  • enterfunnynameenterfunnyname Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the one of the website is propper funny the scene where that slag one gose in to a classroom to ask for help i wet myself lol if anyone has not watched u should! its a bit like coipling but better!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know I shouldn't like it, or find it particularly funny, some of it is more than a lil crude - but I found it hilarious and far funnier than the likes of coupling, or any other show about youngish singletons... the school teacher drunk and desperate to get a boyfriend friend are my faves...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that really happen if you lick a hearing aid? :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone see last night's Pulling? ie Thurs Dec 14th?

I saw it and am confused;

I ask because I seem to recall last week ending with Donna sleeping with the deaf barman again after her birthday party.
    Then this week opened with an apparently random night club visit which had gone badly wrong in some violent way. The episode made no mention at all of Donna's ex/back together either, which I was surprised about.

Have I missed an episode?

thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fernando wrote:
    Did anyone see last night's Pulling? ie Thurs Dec 14th?

I saw it and am confused;

I ask because I seem to recall last week ending with Donna sleeping with the deaf barman again after her birthday party.
    Then this week opened with an apparently random night club visit which had gone badly wrong in some violent way. The episode made no mention at all of Donna's ex/back together either, which I was surprised about.

Have I missed an episode?

thanks.

I was wondering exactly the same thing! I'm sure it said 'Episode 4' but I don't remember seeing Episode 3, very odd! :confused:
  • simsysimsy Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC 3 have messed this up. They showed episodes 1 and 2 together as an hour long show, yet the following 3 episodes (3, 4, and 5 ) have been billed wrong. Proper episode 3 is billed as episode 2, 4 as 3 and 5 as 4. So I missed episode 2 thinking I had seen it, but it was in fact episode 3!!! Does that make sense. I watched the episode with the deaf barman as well and her flatmates boyf had just died and she was after his pc which confused me as it all seemed new. Turns out all that happened in episode 3 (2/5 accoring to Sky guide) :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • GlenLGlenL Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funniest comedy on the box at the moment IMHO.

"What do you want children, a story or money ?"
    "MONEY !!!!"
    Throws handful of small change across classroom floor.
    PMSL :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it, and having split from my partner of 5 years in August some of it hits close to home as well.
  • jargonjargon Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope they show this from the start again. How lovely is Louise!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for your replies,

yes, the billings / listings details have also confused me for some reason or other, but it sounds then that the right episodes have at least been transmitted in the right order ? (!)
    And I haven't missed one then?

ie it was presumably just a curious writing decision to make (real) episode 5 pick up where it did following on from (real) episode 4?
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I came across this by accident too last week. They must be repeating it. I've seen two episodes now. Last's night's was the married bloke's funeral.

Some parts really make me cringe but it's so embarrassingly hilarious at the same time.

Well done BB3 for making me laugh! :D
  • HailHenrikHailHenrik Posts: 3,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any news on s2 of this? was definitely a news article saying a season 2 was given the go ahead but not heard anything since
  • rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    is this an american programme or english?