Had the most horrific day. Failed my driving theory test.

Comments

• Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I don't mean to be nasty but if you're failing your theory test you DO need to try harder.

I downloaded the DVLA theory test for my phone and passed it around in the pub a while back and pretty-much everybody passed iteven after a few beers.

I was quite surprised because I figured that it'd be the sort of stuff that people would forget once they've passed their driving test.
  • topptopp Posts: 2,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it that certain people on here seem to have all the bad luck? Or is it that they are more open and tend to share all their lifes ups and downs on DS?

It's always the same handful of FMs

I also find it difficult to understand how anyone could fail the theory test. Especially if they knew it was on it's way.
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    I got evils from people on the bus for stomping my feet and then had a girl come sit next to me and eat Skips and an orange. Surely people can find better places to eat there lunch than on a bus and certainly not next to me.

Sounds like the perfect incentive to pass to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he fail his theory test too?

Well he certainly wont be driving any more.:D
  • madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    topp wrote: »
    Why is it that certain people on here seem to have all the bad luck? Or is it that they are more open and tend to share all their lifes ups and downs on DS?

I also find it difficult to understand how anyone could fail the theory test. Especially if they knew it was on it's way.

Why?

Hazard perception no problem...just some of the questions I struggle on.

Can I drive, yes!

Can I read road signs, yes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why?

Hazard perception no problem...just some of the questions I struggle on.

Can I drive, yes!

Can I read road signs, yes!

Because it's not rocket science. A little revision is all it would take. I tested this out on my 13 year old daughter. She 'revised' it for about a week. Then passed. Now trust me, if she can pass, then the vast majority of people, especially 17+ in age HAVE to pass.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that on motorways you travel in the left lane if you're slow, middle for faster and right for extra fast. My mum says middle and right are for overtaking only.

£1.60. Yeah it was nice, but I'm suppose to be on a diet but I needed some comfort from somewhere.

Yes the middle lanes are overtaking lanes therefore you should drive in the left hand lane UNLESS you are overtaking. When it is safe to do so you should pull back into the left lane.

Unfortunately we've got a culture of people that think going 20mph over the speed limit undertaking people in the left lane is acceptable and I've seen many a near serious accident from undertaking.
    Forum Member
    Because it's not rocket science. A little revision is all it would take. I tested this out on my 13 year old daughter. She 'revised' it for about a week. Then passed. Now trust me, if she can pass, then the vast majority of people, especially 17+ in age HAVE to pass.

I revised too, but I struggle to take in everything.

There's so much to learn in the Highway code book for one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I revised too, but I struggle to take in everything.

There's so much to learn in the Highway code book for one.

I never had to do theory, but looking at it, most of it seems like common sense. People tend to approach it like it's some trick questions and try too hard.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I took my theory test, I revised and revised and revised. Crammed in as many mock tests as I could. Regularly passing each time. All it takes is practice and suddenly all those questions will be drummed into your brain. The multiple choice part is straight forward and mostly based on common sense. .

Hazard perception is easy enough too. However you can easily fail it by clicking too many times. Far too often I found myself clicking the button for each new thing I saw on the screen and I got caught out once.

I was convinced then I'd failed the test. :o:o However thankfully I passed quite comfortably. :D
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    When I took my theory test, I revised and revised and revised. Crammed in as many mock tests as I could. Regularly passing each time. All it takes is practice and suddenly all those questions will be drummed into your brain. The multiple choice part is straight forward and mostly based on common sense. .

Hazard perception is easy enough too. However you can easily fail it by clicking too many times. Far too often I found myself clicking the button for each new thing I saw on the screen and I got caught out once.

I was convinced then I'd failed the test. :o:o However thankfully I passed quite comfortably. :D

It's very simple things I am getting wrong, like the motorway question for example.

Hazard perception I find easy, although I did click too many times on one clip so scored zero, but i still passed that part of it.
    Forum Member
    OT, I've received a worrying PM from a member.

Not sure what I should do.
    Forum Member
    I never had to do theory, but looking at it, most of it seems like common sense. People tend to approach it like it's some trick questions and try too hard.

I didn't have to take a theory test either.
    First time I ever took it was in the pub, on my phone.
    Completed it in about 5 minutes and got 100%.

Back in the day, I seem to recall that the closest thing to a "hard" question was memorising all the various stopping distances for different speed limits in the wet and the dry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very simple things I am getting wrong, like the motorway question for example.

Hazard perception I find easy, although I did click too many times on one clip so scored zero, but i still passed that part of it.

Do you have one of those Theory Test CD's the DSA send out? You can get them from any book or multimedia shop and it help me massively. Nice and interactive and contains all the questions you might get. I practised and practised until I got 100% most of the time and knew all the questions.
    Forum Member
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

Back in the day, I seem to recall that the closest thing to a "hard" question was memorising all the various stopping distances for different speed limits in the wet and the dry.

And yet I wasn't asked one question on stopping distances.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT, I've received a worrying PM from a member.

Not sure what I should do.

Report it if it's offensive. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »

:D

Embarrassingly I shouted turn left when showed a turn right sign! :o

Still passed though. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have one of those Theory Test CD's the DSA send out? You can get them from any book or multimedia shop and it help me massively. Nice and interactive and contains all the questions you might get. I practised and practised until I got £100 most of the time and knew all the questions.

I want one of those!!!
    Forum Member
    Report it if it's offensive. :)

It's a bit dirty. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need a nice big cake to eat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want one of those!!!

:D:D:D

Sorry lol I mean %100 :p

I'll fix it. :o
    Forum Member
    And yet I wasn't asked one question on stopping distances.

So it was easier than it might have been.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I honestly don't consider failing a driving theory test bad luck! It's one of those things that happen in life and you jus have to deal with it. Believe me, there are MUCH worse things that can happen!

Me too, my son took his a couple of years ago and completed it in 15 minutes, and that included the non-compulsory survey at the end!
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife passed it first time and said it was dead easy and had finished ages before anyone else!! That was 1998 though so may be harder now.