Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Mind you, I started a sweater--2 or was it 3 years ago?--and it's still sitting in the needles. I've got 10" of the bottom back done and keep meaning to pick it up again.

Does it say "Martin"?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    I'd be a total goner at that point. Mouth to mouth resuscitation and chest compressions definitely called for. I might never come fully back awake! :D:D:D

Mouth to mouth might be OK, but no chest compressions - not by anyone! From all I've heard they're really painful. Let him just prod around your body to make sure nothing's broken or wrong.
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Thank you! Thank you! I was in the wrong place entirely.

This is, without a doubt, the height of cuteness. They look like a sweet, happy, smiling little family, don't they? And DM's arms are big enough to be wrapped around both Louisa and JH. Well, I should say MC's arms. DM would never smile that big.

Love this photo! What a cute little smiling boy.

What an absolutely beautiful picture. The kid is having a wonderful time.
    I can't wait for S6!
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Thank you! Thank you! I was in the wrong place entirely.

This is, without a doubt, the height of cuteness. They look like a sweet, happy, smiling little family, don't they? And DM's arms are big enough to be wrapped around both Louisa and JH. Well, I should say MC's arms. DM would never smile that big.

Love this photo! What a cute little smiling boy.

Yes - a nice family hug. It features those huge MC hands that many of us like - sorry robspace54. :D
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BodminDM wrote: »
    Mouth to mouth might be OK, but no chest compressions - not by anyone! From all I've heard they're really painful. Let him just prod around your body to make sure nothing's broken or wrong.

"Mouth to mouth might be OK"????? Surely, BodminDM, you've lost the plot! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »

Connie, I removed the m. and it is still not working for me. I'm just seeing the admin and members. Help.
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connie, I removed the m. and it is still not working for me. I'm just seeing the admin and members. Help.

Susie..hang in there.. It'll be worth it! Without my uk. Proxy which I don't understand I would be lost
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If the link doesn't work for you then it might be easier to just search for the group and then ask to join.

The exact name of the page is below:

Martin Clunes - Doc Martin Fan Group
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here you go, Susie, the direct link minus the m. Sign in to facebook and then if you haven't joined the group, click to join.

To get the link for you I had to look at this photo again and, OMG, I know DM will never smile like this, but I can see him embracing and loving his family like this. Love it, love it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201628274851865&set=gm.495272703886010&type=1&theater
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    I heard back from Andy today and it sounds like they have fixed the problem?

Just to let you know I've heard back from our ad team with the following today:

Finally had confirmation from the 3rd*party network that those particular offending ads have been stopped and they’re screening for any similar style ads that may have slipped through but let me know if there are any further issues.

I’m organising a call with them early next week to ensure they have an up-to-date block list to prevent things like this happening in future.

Hopefully this solves the problem! Please let me know if it hasn't though.

Thanks, Shop Girl. I got a nice e-mail from Andy too. Thank you for helping us, Andy. I guess we need to be vigilant and if it happens again, even once, we need to save and send a screenshot. Things do seem quite fine tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you cc.cookie, Biffpup and SusieSagitarius! My friend would definitely not want a deluge of Doc Martin so now I am forced to make the big decision!

You know you can make up a fake name and have a fake Facebook page. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say, "and who in the hell do you think you are, you big bloke?"...not to be too obvious.
    You would not--we all know what you'd do--you'd swoon...then be taken up in those big arms...

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he is just a human being like the rest of us--isn't he?;) We on the forum tend to elevate him to the level of a god. I have often thought that a star like Martin Clunes would be pleasantly relieved when he is not recognized and is treated as an ordinary person. Interestingly, in the films he made like Islands of Britain, it seemed that many people he encountered were remarkably unimpressed with him. Maybe they were just in shock, though?

PS: Mofromco seems to be particularly suggestible to everything about himmmm...

AMAZINGLY there are a lot of people who have never heard of MC and never seen DM and others who don't like DM! :eek::eek::eek:

Those people would just treat him like a regular guy, as, of course would I.
    Just like Mofromco my middle name is "subtle".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    If the link doesn't work for you then it might be easier to just search for the group and then ask to join.

The exact name of the page is below:

Martin Clunes - Doc Martin Fan Group

Thanks, Connie, and Biffpup. I didn't realize it was a different group, so I've now asked to join. That should do it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    BodminDM wrote: »
    Does it say "Martin"?:D

Hilarious, BodminDm! You know I just might knit tiny DM initials in a couple of rows for fun. Poor Sally Tishell--she will never see her beloved Doc in that yellow sweater! (And probably she will blame Louisa for its disappearance.) But as Shakespeare wrote, "...the apparel oft proclaims the man," in Doc Martin's case, the suit and tie always proclaims the man! I wonder if Louisa will ever be able to persuade Martin to dress more casually in the future--at any time!

You know, the people who produce Doc Martin souvenirs should put out a line of tiny yellow "Martin" sweaters--bet they'd sell!
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    AMAZINGLY there are a lot of people who have never heard of MC and never seen DM and others who don't like DM! :eek::eek::eek:

Just can't believe there is anyone anywhere who doesn't like, in fact adore Doc Martin--in fact, I think it must be fallacious thinking not to love this show! If there is no fallacy to cover it, then we should make one up: for example--the Anti-Doc Martinism Fallacy : the idea that anyone anywhere at any time disrepects or rejects the show DOC MARTIN and any and/or all of its components owing to an acute unimaginative nature and unwillingness to accept its brilliance.
    Here is an obvious example: "That show Doc Martin is drivel 'cause the actors are fourth rate and the scenery is stupid." See?--this statement would be a logical fallacy.

As for your middle name--I'll bet your eyes would give you away, and that is a certainty when it comes to Mofromco!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be a total goner at that point. Mouth to mouth resuscitation and chest compressions definitely called for. I might never come fully back awake! :D:D:D

Worth it though...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know you can make up a fake name and have a fake Facebook page. ;)

Like ' Blue-Eyes ' you mean ?

Just wondering...

Do we all exist or are we some part of a clever ruse by BP to keep the momentum going from series to series ?

:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I believe Sally Tishell's middle name is 'Subtle ' too...

Which colour collar are you wearing today ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "That show Doc Martin is drivel 'cause the actors are fourth rate and the scenery is stupid." See?--this statement would be a logical fallacy.

QUOTE]

Just browse through those stellar cast lists...

And

Portwenn/Port Isaac...? Breathtaking

Which planet are these people on/from ?

But

I have yet to meet another MC/DM fan in real life - they do not exist in my parallel universe.

My friends just tolerate my infatuation - even my grandsons ( 5 & 8 ) roll their eyes...

:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know, the people who produce Doc Martin souvenirs should put out a line of tiny yellow "Martin" sweaters--bet they'd sell!

Not too tiny - all sizes - tiny ones would be nice for the car though...?

That way we could spot another ' believer '

Brilliant idea :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just can't believe there is anyone anywhere who doesn't like, in fact adore Doc Martin--in fact, I think it must be fallacious thinking not to love this show! If there is no fallacy to cover it, then we should make one up: for example--the Anti-Doc Martinism Fallacy : the idea that anyone anywhere at any time disrepects or rejects the show DOC MARTIN and any and/or all of its components owing to an acute unimaginative nature and unwillingness to accept its brilliance.
    Here is an obvious example: "That show Doc Martin is drivel 'cause the actors are fourth rate and the scenery is stupid." See?--this statement would be a logical fallacy.

As for your middle name--I'll bet your eyes would give you away, and that is a certainty when it comes to Mofromco![/QUOTE

Unfortunately I married one. (I don't know what I was thinking!) :eek:

He thinks DM is trivial. :cry:
    I have heard him laugh while watching it though and call Penhale an ijiot! ;) Which means the show got to him.
    Forum Member
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    "That show Doc Martin is drivel 'cause the actors are fourth rate and the scenery is stupid." See?--this statement would be a logical fallacy.

QUOTE]

Just browse through those stellar cast lists...

And

Portwenn/Port Isaac...? Breathtaking

Which planet are these people on/from ?

But

I have yet to meet another MC/DM fan in real life - they do not exist in my parallel universe.

My friends just tolerate my infatuation - even my grandsons ( 5 & 8 ) roll their eyes...

:yawn:

Maybe when the grandsons are grownup they'll become huge fans! (As in--the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.)
    Forum Member

As for your middle name--I'll bet your eyes would give you away, and that is a certainty when it comes to Mofromco![/QUOTE

Unfortunately I married one. (I don't know what I was thinking!) :eek:

He thinks DM is trivial. :cry:
    I have heard him laugh while watching it though and call Penhale an ijiot! ;) Which means the show got to him.

Yes, but Doc Martin had probably not been conceived when you got married--so obviously you couldn't have known. Give it time--after all, didn't Louisa pursue Martin on and off for 3 years?
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    Not too tiny - all sizes - tiny ones would be nice for the car though...?

That way we could spot another ' believer '

Brilliant idea :D

Little bumper stickers? Yellow with blue writing (Martin) and in the shape of a tiny sweater? Only for the "insiders" -- like "friend of Bill W."
This discussion has been closed.