Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

1198199200201202204»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Little bumper stickers? Yellow with blue writing (Martin) and in the shape of a tiny sweater? Only for the "insiders" -- like "friend of Bill W."

Great idea!!! Much better than things with photo of MC with a fish in his mouth. That is not DM!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little bumper stickers? Yellow with blue writing (Martin) and in the shape of a tiny sweater? Only for the "insiders" -- like "friend of Bill W."

I fear my family may well disown me if I develop any more little ' isms '...

I have a beach hut at the end of my garden path named
    ' Atlantic View '...we are 60 miles inland from the EAST coast of UK

I ride a vintage three-wheeled trike with child seats on the back for my grandsons

I have just become the very proud owner of a 6-years old little Nissan convertible

And loving every minute...

All I need is Series 6... S-O-O-N :cool:
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Great idea!!! Much better than things with photo of MC with a fish in his mouth. That is not DM!

I don't know who is doing their merchandising for them, but they definitely need a hand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, but Doc Martin had probably not been conceived when you got married--so obviously you couldn't have known. Give it time--after all, didn't Louisa pursue Martin on and off for 3 years?

Let's get back to when JH was conceived. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know who is doing their merchandising for them, but they definitely need a hand.

Yes indeed

Their items are so boring and un-Doc-like - fudge etc...

I believe BP prefer local suppliers...there must be lots of home knitters in Cornwall waiting for their call to supply yellow sweaters...

OR

My old favourite suggestion - ' My other car is a Lexus '

Any other ideas, guys ?

My cash is burning a hole in my pocket... :D
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If William and Kate have a boy, it would be too much if they named him James Henry.:D How about Martin.:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    Like ' Blue-Eyes ' you mean ?

Just wondering...

Do we all exist or are we some part of a clever ruse by BP to keep the momentum going from series to series ?

:cool:

It's all an illusion.
    Forum Member
    You know you can make up a fake name and have a fake Facebook page. ;)

Thank you, cc.cookie. Think I could sign on as Louisa Ellingham?
    Forum Member
    Yes indeed
    Their items are so boring and un-Doc-like - fudge etc...
    I believe BP prefer local suppliers...there must be lots of home knitters in Cornwall waiting for their call to supply yellow sweaters...
    OR
    My old favourite suggestion - ' My other car is a Lexus '
    Any other ideas, guys ?
    My cash is burning a hole in my pocket... :D

Love the bumper sticker idea--and we'd be spreading the word!! Those of us using the bumper sticker or carrying the tiny yellow sweater (in some way) would probably be asked what the significance is?

But on a more serious note--someone (other than Rob, of course) should be making miniatures of the Doc's surgery, Bert's restaurant, Louisa's house, etc. They would have to be good replicas and should light up (by battery).

Another idea: note cards with various scenes of Port Wenn done by local artists perhaps? Of course paintings, etc., of Port Isaac already exist, but these would have to be the altered version to show us Doc Martin's village.

Let's come up with more ideas!
    Forum Member

Let's get back to when JH was conceived. ;)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes and meet up with Martin Ellingham who is already a member of the groups!

Louisa Glasson and Martin Clunes are there too.
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the bumper sticker idea--and we'd be spreading the word!! Those of us using the bumper sticker or carrying the tiny yellow sweater (in some way) would probably be asked what the significance is?

But on a more serious note--someone (other than Rob, of course) should be making miniatures of the Doc's surgery, Bert's restaurant, Louisa's house, etc. They would have to be good replicas and should light up (by battery).

Another idea: note cards with various scenes of Port Wenn done by local artists perhaps? Of course paintings, etc., of Port Isaac already exist, but these would have to be the altered version to show us Doc Martin's village.

Let's come up with more ideas!

I looked at cafe press and they have "design your own" car magnets. I wonder if you could design a yellow sweater with "Martin" across the front? I tried, but am on an iPad and you need flash to design your magnet :mad:
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have talked often that the actress who played Dr Dibbs had also played the matchmaker in S1, but I just stumbled on an actress who was in several different episodes - possibly as different characters (although mostly in the hospital). Kyla Goodey played the nurse who was helping the young man with the nosebleed run into Martin in "Gentlemen Prefer" (S1). Then in "Haemophobia" (S1) she was the friend of the sunbather with the mole. In "Uneasy Lies the Head" (S4) she is listed as a midwife and is the one asking Louisa about whether the father will be involved (before the BT snarkily says he won't). In "Preserve the Romance" (S5) she is the doctor who tells Louisa that she can take the baby home. Perhaps it is all one character and she took a job as a midwife while going through medical school ;)

I googled her and she is originally from Corwall and seems to be pretty active in theatre companies.
    Forum Member

NewPark, are you sure the letters were blue?--I thought they were red. Anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all an illusion.

But

I am confused

Are we the illusion ?

OR

Are they ?

:confused:
    Forum Member
    marchrand wrote: »
    If William and Kate have a boy, it would be too much if they named him James Henry.:D How about Martin.:D:D

Definitely--of course they should pick one of the two!--and if it's a girl they must call her Louisa!
    Forum Member
    But

I am confused

Are we the illusion ?

OR

Are they ?

:confused:

No confusion--it's both. It's all one grand illusion--reality lies elsewhere...
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark, are you sure the letters were blue?--I thought they were red. Anyone?

I actually thought they were black but tried to sneak in "maize and blue" --- but maybe it was red. Don't have access to netflicks right now so can't check.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member

Actrually "James" is leading in a poll of Brits for the name for Will and Kate's baby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually James Henry is a possibility. James because it's "Royal" and Henry after Harry.
    But I think it's a girl because Kate slipped up once and said "for my daugh...." :)

But that could have been a rouse to confuse people. :)
    Is that a double blind or a triple blind? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DMfan wrote: »
    Actrually "James" is leading in a poll of Brits for the name for Will and Kate's baby.
    I actually thought they were black but tried to sneak in "maize and blue" --- but maybe it was red. Don't have access to netflicks right now so can't check.

"Maize and blue" can only mean one thing... You are a University of Michigan fan, alumnus, or both!!! Hail to the Victors!

Rob - whose wife and daughter are both U of M grads
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So easy! Now you just have to get your settings right - I turn off notifications so I don't get a flood of emails telling me someone just posted on Facebook.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,395
    Administrator
This discussion has been closed.