Michael Rodwell (Corrie)- a ticking timebomb?

PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
Forum Member
Hi

We all know that Michael is to undergo open heart surgery very soon, but there is a comment on Digital Spy that "the time is ticking" for Michael.
Does this mean he will be killed off, or is it just a metaphorical term about him having a heart problem?

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who gets with Gail is never destined for a lovely life.

Ask Richard Hilman and Tina's dad

Only Gail could marry a man who robbed her
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Micheal first leared about his hear condition they mentioned that he would eventually need a heart transplant, so I'm betting that someone is going to die and Micheal will get their heart.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,956
    Forum Member
    Anyone who gets with Gail is never destined for a lovely life.

Ask Richard Hilman and Tina's dad

Only Gail could marry a man who robbed her

True, Gail certainly has terrible taste in men, it says something when Michael the man who robbed her and needs a heart operation is one of the better men she has gone out with or ended up marrying:D
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    I was under the impression that he was intended to die - Stuart Blackburn made a comment like "Gail has fallen in love with a dead man walking" or something like that.

But Les Dennis seems to have no plans to leave and has spoken about having a long stay. So it looks like he's not going to die.

I would suspect he'll get a heart transplant, but from whom I have no idea.
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it bad to hope he doesn't make it? :p
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,956
    Forum Member
    llgx wrote: »

Not really, it's not real life and he is a wimp and a bit of a drip. Michael will almost certainly die of a heart attack or whatever once Les Dennis decides he has had enough at Corrie, hasn't Les Dennis said he doesn't plan on staying at Coronation Street forever as well.
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Gail and Michael scenes are so, so bad.:D
  • tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i want Michael to die, absolute pathetic waste of space. it doesn't even seem like he's acting to me, i'm sure he's like that in real life. i cringe at his scenes with Gail. i thought Gail only had a single bed in her box room, are we to believe that they both sleep in the single bed?
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't decide what I'd want more - Michael to die or Michael to be saved by a transplant from a dead Sean, that's how much I can't stand Les Dennis' character.
  • notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    Sorry to buck the trend here but I quite like the character!! Yrs he's very undynamic but I get the feeling that was exactly the way he was intended to be, a nice normal guy who hit rock bottom & did something totally out of character!! I hope he gets his transplant & sticks around, personally!! :)
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Sorry to buck the trend here but I quite like the character!! Yrs he's very undynamic but I get the feeling that was exactly the way he was intended to be, a nice normal guy who hit rock bottom & did something totally out of character!! I hope he gets his transplant & sticks around, personally!! :)

^ ditto, I Iike him & his character too.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,799
    Forum Member
    It would be good if he got the heart of someone really tough and fearless - someone like Phelan or Jez Quigley - and he had a complete personality change.
  • llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Gail and Michael scenes are so, so bad.:D

Agree 100% :D Worst character to be brought into the show in a long time imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I can't decide what I'd want more - Michael to die or Michael to be saved by a transplant from a dead Sean, that's how much I can't stand Les Dennis' character.

Ooooh I love this! Maybe Sean dies, Michael gets his heart but his body rejects it and he dies too? The fit vicar can stay and console Gail and become a more permanent feature. In fact, they could bring back Marcus...He's a much better match for fit vicar.
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't warm at all to a Michael and Les Dennis is awful.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Micheal first leared about his hear condition they mentioned that he would eventually need a heart transplant, so I'm betting that someone is going to die and Micheal will get their heart.

BIB I hope it's Sean's heart that he gets, then his body rejects it, whereupon there is a race to find another heart and Michael then carks it.

OOps, didn't realise this scenario has already been put forward, sorry for the supilication.

The sentiments are still the same though!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les Dennis is alright but he really isn't acting, he's just repeating lines. But I do like his character and think he has been a great addition.
  • Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB I hope it's Sean's heart that he gets, then his body rejects it, whereupon there is a race to find another heart and Michael then carks it.

OOps, didn't realise this scenario has already been put forward, sorry for the supilication.

The sentiments are still the same though!

How about we forget about Sean and Micheal gets Kal's heart instead? And after his death the Nazirs are so sad they decided to move away from Coronation Street.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Yes.
    Think it but don't say it!
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    ^ ditto, I Iike him & his character too.

I like him too, it is so nice to see Gail happy again, Michael is a great addition to the 'Platt' family.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    Agree totally