Why are EDL demos always on a Saturday?

Comments

• QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They cost the taxpayer 10 million in the last 4 years.

10 MILLION.

Far less money than it's cost keeping track of all the followers of the peaceful cult who want to do harm to us in the name of said peaceful cult.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    Yes you do.You aren't stupid.

You'll have to explain to me. I could maybe see how it was EDL-ist, but not racist. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Far less than it's cost keeping track of all the followers of the peaceful cult who want to do harm to us in the name of said peaceful cult.

Apparently 1600 young British Muslims under MI5 surveillance for plotting terror.:o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-415585/1600-young-British-Muslims-MI5-surveillance-plotting-terror.html
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Your kind are the worst.

The Caucasian English? If anything, I'd say that comment was closest to bordering on racism! :o
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    How's it racist? I thought the EDL saw themselves as multiracial.

No,they aren't really.They just feel oppressed/worried by the rise of Militant Islam.
    You won't find many Mooooslims amongst their ranks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EDL'ers are hard-working chaps Monday to Friday, and go to church on Sunday.

You can leave out the church bit.:p
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Muslim anti-free speech protest against the Charlie Hebdo cartoon bothered the OP?

I don't imagine you'd have had to wonder for long. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who says they don't work? Besides, seeing as how Unite Against Freedom are always present at any EDL march one could say that those crusty left-wing knobheads don't work either.

I wonder why they cover their faces all the time?.Could it be because of their law breaking tendencies?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bahtat wrote: »
    What's your kind?

Against your sort.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, the policing to protect them from the UAF (Unite Against Freedom) has cost 10 million.

I wonder how much other protests cost?

The UAF people are mostly violent thugs.Hell bent on fighting the Police/EDL/anyone who disagrees with their opinion.
    There's quite a few of them on this forum.
  • BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Against your sort.

What's that then, white, English/Brittish?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Far less money than it's cost keeping track of all the followers of the peaceful cult who want to do harm to us in the name of said peaceful cult.

Indeed.We have far more to fear from them, than them from us.
  • Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh, another EDL thread..

Get a life..
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And what have their marches actually achieved? Nothing. That money could be spent on more worthwhile things rather than some skinheads marching and not winning anyone round to their cause.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    It's the best chance some middle class office workers from respectable leafy suburbs have during the week (if it's in their own time, their bosses can't touch them, especially IF it hasn't got anything to do with the company) to show their true colours..
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    The UAF people are mostly violent thugs.Hell bent on fighting the Police/EDL/anyone who disagrees with their opinion.
    There's quite a few of them on this forum.

The UAF Have gone a bit quieter lately. Probably due to the fact that one of their supporters beheaded someone.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really good for traders in town centres on their busiest day of the week. The braindead morons who take part can do it any day they like considering they don't work.
    They don't want to be sanctioned for being unavailable for work.
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posters can post about what they like. It's for the mods to say if they are appropriate or not. This thread seems appropriate. Strange how some of those who are wildly against Islam can't even handle or abide one little thread about the EDL. An example of hypocrisy.

As for calling someone racist for mocking EDL supporters - that's a new one. Of course the posters who decry the supposed overuse of "racist" on anti-immigrant and intolerant threads aren't chiding the poster for mis-use of it. Another example of hypocrisy.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the EDL start beheading innocents, blowing themselves up or throwing gay people from tall buildings then I will give a shit.

Until then I care far more about the enemy within our own society - who seem to worry far more about some harmless cartoons than the mass murder and atrocities (on their fellow muslims for example) done in the name of Islam.

And Saudi Arabia is really not worth thinking about either - a paragon of modern secular democracy.

Not.
  • miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the EDL had dissipated since the departure of Tommy Robinson, and kinda splintered out into several other groups. I did a quick search and found out they are still active, but nowhere near as active as they were when Tommy was their leader.

And, in reference to the OP, that's the beauty of this country! Freedom to protest on whatever day of the week you desire. :D

I remember when they came to Cambridge, and the police sectioned off whole areas for them to protest peacefully - and only about 30 people turned up!
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's that then, white, English/Brittish?

Self hating white/anti-white/race-traitor.

In an unrelated note (kind of), I did chuckle when I saw a comment on twitter that anti-racism=anti white and white genocide. It nearly made my head explode, there was so much wrong with the comment.

EDL members may not have beheaded anyone yet, but sections of the organisation are building bombs to harm non-whites/Christians/straights etc. they are still a very dangerous section of society.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not really good for traders in town centres on their busiest day of the week. The braindead morons who take part can do it any day they like considering they don't work.

That is the point , the busiest day with a captive / bigger audience of shoppers , also if people work then weekdays is no good for them.
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,516
    Forum Member
    Sigh, another EDL thread..

Get a life..

Yeah. what this place needs is less EDL threads and more threads about Muslims because they are so hard to find on DS.
    Are the EDL some sort of protected species that nobody is allowed to comment about?
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The EDL might look and act like a separate species, but as far as I'm aware they haven't actually evolved into a separate race. I think they march on Saturdays because they all have to go to Sunday School.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    I like the tacit inference that anyone against the EDL is some apologist for soldier killing terrorists. Wrong. Islamic terrorists would exist whether the EDL was around or not. The EDL serve no function except to divide people further, cost tax payers money, and create a bad image for our country.

I wish some on DS who in every thread the EDl com up in, continually evade the argument while stealthily defending the EDL, just came right out and nailed their colours to the mast saying they agree with and support the EDL and their views and methods.

Our PM has no time for the EDL. Surely if being against the EDL was supporting islamic terrorists ahead of white British people, our PM and most probably our Queen would be firmly in support of the EDL...but oh wait, both those figures wouldnt be seen dead standing shoulder to shoulder with anyone in the EDL.