13»

Comments

• zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Well RATM are slowing down a lot:

http://i.imgur.com/hSuF5.gif

Yes, the campaigners will be allowing the charts to progress at their normal rate now. I suspect that if Joe supporters had just bought downloads up to the cost of the CD, well, who knows ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Joe was on the local news tonight, saying that he was just happy to have sold loads of CDs. There was no digs from him towards Rage.

To be fair ZX I think his PR people will have told him to not say anything to make matters worse, ie enrage the RATM fans to carry on downloading so he does not make it next week to number one.

To the other poster, the song is still on itunes as are many others you can download it any time you like, the campaign people did not PUT the song on itunes, they just told people where they could download it and for how much.

My son still wants a copy so he will be downloading it this week at some point.

GG
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mizzjem wrote: »
    i hope so, hopefully now that the rage campaign has suceeded that all the campaigners will buy his single(even if they just download it for 29p from amazon), this way he still gets a number one:)
    that would be nice. Although I backed the RATM campaign in "spirit", it would be nice if people helped Joe out. The campaign wasn't about him, it wasn't personal so I don't see why he shouldn't get his #1 this year.
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Imagine the X Factor winner needing a Facebook campaign to get their winning single to No.1 ; it just shows what a spectacular success the RATM campaign was :D

Yes Eurostar, a show on the box for months needs a Facebook page telling fans to go and buy the song AGAIN!! what a nerve really did the X and Cowell not make enough from the votes and the people who have already bought the song, who the hell wants more than ONE CD, I just do not understand that at all.

I love my artists but hell NO way would I buy more than one CD, and to be honest I dont often buy singles either. There is one artist who I have to buy two CDs of at Christmas as I always buy one for my daughter thats if they have one out of course, which they do this year.

It seems desperate to me now to start telling people to download again and buy another CD! If people do not do that then what Joe will not be number one, surely then they are putting him their and giving him false hope, as what if the next single is crap will they all be buying shed loads of that as well!

GG
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair ZX I think his PR people will have told him to not say anything to make matters worse, ie enrage the RATM fans to carry on downloading so he does not make it next week to number one.

To the other poster, the song is still on itunes as are many others you can download it any time you like, the campaign people did not PUT the song on itunes, they just told people where they could download it and for how much.

My son still wants a copy so he will be downloading it this week at some point.

GG

Yes, I'm not niave enough to think that no-one's been "talking to him". They will have all sorts of advisers when you sing for these labels.
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Yes, I'm not niave enough to think that no-one's been "talking to him". They will have all sorts of advisers when you sing for these labels.

Especially after the dart thing in the Sun, even if in jest it was not a good move, so I am sure SC will have made sure he has been advised which tact to take.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Eurostar, a show on the box for months needs a Facebook page telling fans to go and buy the song AGAIN!! what a nerve really did the X and Cowell not make enough from the votes and the people who have already bought the song, who the hell wants more than ONE CD, I just do not understand that at all.

I love my artists but hell NO way would I buy more than one CD, and to be honest I dont often buy singles either. There is one artist who I have to buy two CDs of at Christmas as I always buy one for my daughter thats if they have one out of course, which they do this year.

It seems desperate to me now to start telling people to download again and buy another CD! If people do not do that then what Joe will not be number one, surely then they are putting him their and giving him false hope, as what if the next single is crap will they all be buying shed loads of that as well!

GG

I'm laughing out loud here GG :D I have no problem with the Facebook campaign for Joe and don't care if he goes to No.1 this week,but I'm very amused that after 19m viewers and 6m votes,he needs a Facebook campaign to get him to the top of the chart :)